Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
OogieBoogieWoogie

[Spoilers] Theory: Xehanort is a vessel... What's up with the eyes of Xehanort?

This is an awesome theory! Very well thought out, and like someone else mentioned, it would be a very Nomura thing to do haha. I've been saying from the beginning I think Luxu is the traitor - I just couldn't pinpoint WHY. I kept tying Luxu, a traitor and the box together, but couldn't put it into words. Your theory definitely make sense and explains to me why I kept trying to tie Luxu, a traitor and a box together.

This is an awesome theory! Very well thought out, and like someone else mentioned, it would be a very Nomura thing to do haha. I've been saying from the beginning I think Luxu is the traitor - I just couldn't pinpoint WHY. I kept tying Luxu, a traitor and the box together, but couldn't put it into words. Your theory definitely make sense and explains to me why I kept trying to tie Luxu, a traitor and a box together.

Thanks man! Now all we have to do is wait and see if this theory is right, haha.

For your "Proof 1", you are forgetting that we DO see YX's eyes on Destiny Islands in the DDD secret ending. https://youtu.be/1u2HaoeRoMA?t=153

Also, you must keep in mind that in Unreal Engine 4, we have more detailed lighting, which can easily explain the difference of color in some parts of YX's eyes. A good example of this color difference can be shown here: https://youtu.be/cQdbXT6uIxs?t=1370 As you can see, Terranort's eyes are darker in color due to the lighting. They are even right next to a window, with bright sunlight coming in, and even Eraqus's right eye seems to have a slight glow of blue at the edge of his iris. https://youtu.be/Os2Xqq-7YmE?t=143

Keep in mind also that Xehanort showed more curiosity than he did knowledge of the Keyblade War. He himself even says in BBS, "We know so little about the Keyblade War" and that "It is a curious tale -- and one worth exploring." All Xehanort has on the Keyblade War are the stories his master told him, and seemingly, got to see a few passages from the Book of Prophecies, despite Luxu never inheriting a copy for himself. And yes, he could know something about the "gazing eye", but that doesn't mean that Luxu is possessing him. It could just be something that his master told him, considering their master likes to talk about the Keyblade War as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is footage from almost two years ago. The lighting in KH 2.8 was far different, even just months before its release. The Kingdom Shader may still go through even more revisions before KH3 is released, and environmental light volume and placement is subject to change as well.

Edited by Svard

For your "Proof 1", you are forgetting that we DO see YX's eyes on Destiny Islands in the DDD secret ending. https://youtu.be/1u2HaoeRoMA?t=153

Also, you must keep in mind that in Unreal Engine 4, we have more detailed lighting, which can easily explain the difference of color in some parts of YX's eyes. A good example of this color difference can be shown here: https://youtu.be/cQdbXT6uIxs?t=1370 As you can see, Terranort's eyes are darker in color due to the lighting. They are even right next to a window, with bright sunlight coming in, and even Eraqus's right eye seems to have a slight glow of blue at the edge of his iris. https://youtu.be/Os2Xqq-7YmE?t=143

Keep in mind also that Xehanort showed more curiosity than he did knowledge of the Keyblade War. He himself even says in BBS, "We know so little about the Keyblade War" and that "It is a curious tale -- and one worth exploring." All Xehanort has on the Keyblade War are the stories his master told him, and seemingly, got to see a few passages from the Book of Prophecies, despite Luxu never inheriting a copy for himself. And yes, he could know something about the "gazing eye", but that doesn't mean that Luxu is possessing him. It could just be something that his master told him, considering their master likes to talk about the Keyblade War as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is footage from almost two years ago. The lighting in KH 2.8 was far different, even just months before its release. The Kingdom Shader may still go through even more revisions before KH3 is released, and environmental light volume and placement is subject to change as well.

You're right with the proof 1 thing. I didn't think of the secret ending. Thanks, nice catch! The only way to even defend my theory on that point is that the scene is after Ansem gave a piece of his heart to this Xehanort. and before he went to time travel. 

Than for the Xehanort curiosity thing. It could be a cover up story for the main characters (and us), as a way that Luxu can sell his role as Xehanort.

As for the Unreal Engine 4, things change in looks through time, I agree. In 2.8 Terra's face was made of plastic but very quickly later on it was more normallike. So with the whole YX eye thing, it could be lighting as you said or something like that. Bu even so, those eyes look wierd. So I guess we need a new KH3 trailer to see if we see better yellow eyes, hahaha.

Thank you for your reply! It was really nice to get deeper in this than I already did. Thanks! 

I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with this theory on the grounds that it takes everything away from Xehanort. What's the point of building up this entertainingly hammy, larger than life villain if your just going to ruin him by making him just another pretty boy victim? That is seriously getting very old by the way, stop sympathizing with the pretty genocidal maniacs. Yes, I get that The Master and Luxu are all mysterious and villain like just because they wear the black coat and because they wield Xehanort's Keyblade but that doesn't mean they're possessing him. What reason would they have? And don't give that "traitor" explanation because there was no traitor. The Foretellers only assumed there was one because they were idiots who blindly followed the words of a creepy old guy, which seems to be a pattern in this franchise.

Wow, this is a very mind blowing theory! If this ended up being true, it would blow everything away, and it would definitely freak everyone out! The way you thought this out was impressive, and you make some really solid points! It'd be insane to think that Xehanort is Luxu! :O A very interesting theory, indeed!

Also, your translation was pitch perfect! If I didn't know you were Dutch, I would've never noticed the difference! Your English is pretty darn perfect! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Wow, this is a very mind blowing theory! If this ended up being true, it would blow everything away, and it would definitely freak everyone out! The way you thought this out was impressive, and you make some really solid points! It'd be insane to think that Xehanort is Luxu! :O A very interesting theory, indeed!

Also, your translation was pitch perfect! If I didn't know you were Dutch, I would've never noticed the difference! Your English is pretty darn perfect! :D

Thank you! I did my best!  :)

I'm going to wholeheartedly disagree with this theory on the grounds that it takes everything away from Xehanort.

DDD already took everything away from him when it cheaply @$$pulled everything in the series just to make him look omniscient.

DDD already took everything away from him when it cheaply @$$pulled everything in the series just to make him look omniscient.

Yes but he @$$pulled himself rather than some new guy showing up and taking everything away. I agree that everything that happened in Dream Drop Distance was bull crap but it was still all Xehanort.