Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sora4Smash

KHUX What was the point to rename and rebrand Unchained X to Union X?

It's more of a attention grabbing thing really- it catches people interest with the different name so people are more likely to play it because they think it's 'a different game', but it's really just 'season 2' of khuχ.

A marketing thing really. Also we get to see Nomura try to write in some other new symbolism with  χ  → cross. That's gonna be fun lol

As always, likely story-related. Now that things will be focusing on a new Union dynamic (parties with other Union members possibly?), it makes sense to gear the title towards the interactive experience. We're literally crossing union boundaries to team up and fight Heartless like we probably should have been doing since the very beginning. It's still going to be Unchained X to me, and yeah they probably could have just made it a sub-subtitle like Reverse/Rebirth, but it's still KHUX no matter what. I'm just going to always read it as "Kingdom Hearts Unchained -Union Cross-".

idk but im sure whatever the reason was it's not good.

the confusing titles are just that. confusing.

what do we have now.

Kingdom Hearts: X, Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover, Kingdom Hearts: Union X.

i mean is this still the same game or what?

Well, I personally don't see it as confusing! We're reaching Season 2 of Unchained X, in which now, the Dandelions will be the heads of new Unions, hence the Union X in the title, ya know? It's kind of like if you say Inuyasha and Inuyasha: The Final Act. Sure, the titles are slightly different, but they are both still the same story, ya know? That's how I could explain Unchained X/Union X, ya know?

On 3/10/2017 at 10:02 PM, Headphone Jack said:

idk but im sure whatever the reason was it's not good.

the confusing titles are just that. confusing.

what do we have now.

Kingdom Hearts: X, Kingdom Hearts: Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts X: Back Cover, Kingdom Hearts: Union X.

i mean is this still the same game or what?

Unchained/union take place after the keyblade war, which is where chi ends, they are different games, I think union was just the big update to unchained, and back cover is a movie about the union leaders in chi.