Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Clearly not

Wondering if they put the back of Pride Rock back for Simba's summon. If they didn't, they obviously didn't do enough testing, if at all

There's nothing to put back because there wasn't anything there in the first place, because the game was made with 4:3 resolution in mind they never had the need to create more for the rock, when they changed it to 16:9 it seems like part of it is missing, only way to fix that would be to create an entire new model and replace it, way to much trouble for something so trivial.

There's nothing to put back because there wasn't anything there in the first place, because the game was made with 4:3 resolution in mind they never had the need to create more for the rock, when they changed it to 16:9 it seems like part of it is missing, only way to fix that would be to create an entire new model and replace it, way to much trouble for something so trivial.

That's no excuse. KH1 had to be remade because at the time of the making of the original ReMix, all the original data had been lost. Nomura stated as much. Recreating a model like that wasn't trivial, but necessary. Clearly, they didn't actually bother and left it out.

So it's basically the same as those codes/patches/whatever that make the PS2 games 60fps (when you're playing on a emulator)? lol

Yeah. Lots of PS2 games those days were frame-time-sensitive (don't know the official name), basically meaning their speed was dependent on their framerate (so there'd be no frame skips), unlike today's games, where speed is constant whether or not your console/ PC misses/creates more frames. Leading to a choppy experience of course, but not nearly as horrible as a complete slowdown.

That's no excuse. KH1 had to be remade because at the time of the making of the original ReMix, all the original data had been lost. Nomura stated as much. Recreating a model like that wasn't trivial, but necessary. Clearly, they didn't actually bother and left it out.

They didn't remade everything, they took the data directly from a PS2 game disc and worked from there, only thing they did was replace the original character models with the ones from DDD, again, create a brand new model for the Pride Rock that would barelly be seen by the majority of people was trivial then and even more so now.

Edited by DevilSpooky

Are you kidding!? BRING ON THE CHALLENGE! AHAHAHAHA! > xD

Whie it might make for a "challenge" this is still pretty horrible. Also, they made some fights even worse for KH2FM HD now that it's running in 60fps. Data Vexen, Data Axel, and Data Saix fights are now worse on the PS4 surprisingly. Also, they somehow managed to make the reaction command for when Final Xemnas through you in the air and says "we shall go together" worse than  on the PS3.

Also you want a challenge agains KH1 Sephiroth? Fight him at Lvl 1 like I did xD.

Whie it might make for a "challenge" this is still pretty horrible. Also, they made some fights even worse for KH2FM HD now that it's running in 60fps. Data Vexen, Data Axel, and Data Saix fights are now worse on the PS4 surprisingly. Also, they somehow managed to make the reaction command for when Final Xemnas through you in the air and says "we shall go together" worse than  on the PS3.

Also you want a challenge agains KH1 Sephiroth? Fight him at Lvl 1 like I did xD.

Doesn't look horrible to me, it's literally just the meteors moving faster, I don't see the problem as long as you're avoiding them. Really I thought the slow speeds kind of made it a bit underwhelming. And just saying "worse" doesn't tell me a whole lot about those other bosses, what exactly is "worse"? Did they get faster, more difficult, more cheap? And I never had any problems with that Xemnas command on the PS3, what exactly are you talking about? 

Doesn't look horrible to me, it's literally just the meteors moving faster, I don't see the problem as long as you're avoiding them. Really I thought the slow speeds kind of made it a bit underwhelming. And just saying "worse" doesn't tell me a whole lot about those other bosses, what exactly is "worse"? Did they get faster, more difficult, more cheap? And I never had any problems with that Xemnas command on the PS3, what exactly are you talking about? 

Reversal for Final Xemnas drops enough for it to be unreliable.

People who go into the story OR Data Final Xemnas get wrecked because it doesn't function as well as it does on PS2, even for people that are just playing casually. It's to the point where the only viable way to avoid it is to use Session (Riku's Limit), because you should almost never be getting hit trying to use Reversal.

Edited by dabestgamer

Well yeah, Data Vexen's fight is messed up now since Anti-Sora spawns a lot quicker due to the data gauge filling up faster thanks to 60fps whichs means that he canot be DM skipped now, KH1 Sephiroth's meteors move faster as well because of 60fps, you can't blizzaga finish Data Axel past his revenge value now, Saix corner loop doesn't work on PS4 version, the fight against Grim Reaper 2 (Port Royal) is a bit messed up now thanks to the RC having problems, the tornadoes in BBSFM in the Keyblade Graveyard are a lot faster and you have to do more work than you should to avoid them, and save crashes. Also take a look at this. Quick run is slower on PS4 than it was on PS2/PS3.

But yeah I hope they patch all this soon since they patched KH 2.8. The PS4 version of KH 1.5/2.5 is worse in some areas from the PS3 version. But hopefully this will get addressed with a patch in the near future. Hopefully it will be either before or on the release of English KH 1.5+2.5 Remix.

Edited by Tails

Well yeah, Data Vexen's fight is messed up now since Anti-Sora spawns a lot quicker due to the data gauge filling up faster thanks to 60fps whichs means that he canot be DM skipped now, KH1 Sephiroth's meteors move faster as well because of 60fps, you can't blizzaga finish Data Axel past his revenge value now, Saix corner loop doesn't work on PS4 version, the fight against Grim Reaper 2 (Port Royal) is a bit messed up now thanks to the RC having problems, the tornadoes in BBSFM in the Keyblade Graveyard are a lot faster and you have to do more work than you should to avoid them, and save crashes. Also take a look at this. Quick run is slower on PS4 than it was on PS2/PS3.

But yeah I hope they patch all this soon since they patched KH 2.8. The PS4 version of KH 1.5/2.5 is worse in some areas from the PS3 version. But hopefully this will get addressed with a patch in the near future. Hopefully it will be either before or on the release of English KH 1.5+2.5 Remix.

Okay, I'm not as familiar with some terminology among the "Pro crowd", so I can only half-understand some of these things (revenge value? Corner loop? DM skip? I thought I was playing KH, not source-code simulator). Simpler things though like the tornadoes and that Quick Run thing do make sense though, I can see why that would be a problem. I mean, I hardly ever skip those Tornadoes, but then again I guess that would be a pain for some people. Plus, yeah that Quick Run does look like it covers significantly less distance (but to be fair, the uploader never bothered to clarify if that was the same level of Quick Run for both videos, so I'm a little on the skeptical side now...).

Again, I am pretty confident they will patch this, since they did with 2.8 and it really seems like developers are much more comfortable patching games on the PS4 these days compared to the PS3. Not to mention some people have claimed that some of these issues don't seem apparent in the demos for the English version, so it's also likely that the version we're actually supposed to play will have at least most of this stuff fixed already and then a patch will follow shortly after for both versions that fixes everything that hadn't been addressed yet. If one or two months go by and they don't patch any of this however, then I will be worried.

Oh man, it was hard enough for me when it wasn't running on 60fps..took me a couple days straight to finally beat him by pure luck. Pure luck doesn't work with 60fps

Edited by SouthZ