Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Nomura confirms multiple playable characters for FF7R

Didn't the original Final Fantasy 7 have multiple playable characters too? And I don't mean who you have fighting alongside Cloud.

I byou do play as cloud the whole time but you also play some memories that are not his own so technicly yes

Didn't the original Final Fantasy 7 have multiple playable characters too? And I don't mean who you have fighting alongside Cloud.

I might be mistaken but I think it's because you can't switch characters in FFXV and so some people were worried that this would happen on the remake too.

I might be mistaken but I think it's because you can't switch characters in FFXV and so some people were worried that this would happen on the remake too.

I byou do play as cloud the whole time but you also play some memories that are not his own so technicly yes

In gameplay and story yes. In gameplay it was ATB so you switched between each member during fights. In the story, at the beginning of disc 3 you play as Cid for a little bit. In FF13 you could only control the party leader (which you can manually set) and in FF15 you only control Noctis all the way through. Multiple playable characters is always the best way to go with FF.

So what if the game takes ten more years to finish?

Just kidding. I'm excited, to an extent. I'm excited to play as Tifa, Cloud, and Zack if they let you play through the flashbacks. Other than that, won't really be using any other characters.

Edited by Clouded Sun

He meant who you're controlling in battle not outside of battle

Cuz outside of battle the game sometimes switches you to someone else depending on the plot

Like how later on you control Barret and Cid when Cloud isn't in the party for a while

Remember when every Final Fantasy had multiple player characters, and it wasn't something that was a pleasant surprise?

FF needs multiple playable characters. FF9 did the best job of this through Active Time Events, FF6 also splits the party up at the beginning, heck even FF13 lets you play as different characters throughout the story. Reducing those events to 'oh hey this is what we did when we were away' really damages the story. You can't make an FF game and only have it from one perspective, it just doesn't work.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

FF needs multiple playable characters. FF9 did the best job of this through Active Time Events, FF6 also splits the party up at the beginning, heck even FF13 lets you play as different characters throughout the story. Reducing those events to 'oh hey this is what we did when we were away' really damages the story. You can't make an FF game and only have it from one perspective, it just doesn't work.

This is true.

I would've been fine if the game's multiple characters never existed, cause it would've kinda made sense (considering they increased the scale of depth in the combat system), but to sell them off in pieces as DLC is a lame ass move. Not even Witcher III 40-hour content expansion packs, just a little 2-3 hour cutscene filled dungeon.

Edited by Clouded Sun