Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Jingilator

Should La Cité des Cloches come back as a true world?

I enjoyed it in DDD but the lack of NPCS made the world feel really ridiculous, as if I was watching a low budget adaptation of the movie. The scene where Esmeralda was being burned at the stake-no one was even watching her... Quasi at the King Of Fools parade-no people were there either, felt really lifeless.

If it came back in KH3 I'd be happy since I know they'd tidy things up a bit.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

I love the La Cite Des Cloches in Dream Drop Distance but the problem with it was that the world feels completely empty. No other NPCs walking around or standing. If they decided to make that world appear again in Kingdom Hearts 3 then I will be really happy to fix their little mistake in DDD.

While I agree with everyone in that I don't think KH3D did the movie/world justice (whether that be because of the story or the limited hardware), I really don't see the reason to return to it, nor do I want it back. As scaled down as the story was, we already did it. The Hunchback of Notre Dame in general is a one trick pony. This world desperately needed NPCs, and those Heartless designs are pretty dope, but I say just leave it be.

Edited by James Lutz

While I agree with everyone in that I don't think KH3D did the movie/world justice (whether that be because of the story or the limited hardware), I really don't see the reason to return to it, nor do I want it back. As scaled down as the story was, we already did it. The Hunchback of Notre Dame in general is a one trick pony. This world desperately needed NPCs, and those Heartless designs are pretty dope, but I say just leave it be.

Big Hero 6 is getting an original story that's after the movie, hence why it's confirmed. Plus, the Hunchback 2 is a thing, but people probably don't like it, so I'm feeling like the story could be like the Big Hero 6 world and have an original plot that takes place after the movie.

Big Hero 6 is getting an original story that's after the movie, hence why it's confirmed. Plus, the Hunchback 2 is a thing, but people probably don't like it, so I'm feeling like the story could be like the Big Hero 6 world and have an original plot that takes place after the movie.

That's why I mentioned how The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a one trick pony. The sequel is too garbage for KH3 (but Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was garbage too but it made the cut so who knows?). I don't think an original sequel story would work either. Big Hero 6 is about superheroes and there is always another villain for them to fight, so it leaves itself open to a continuation very easily. Quasimodo left the Bell Tower and is now among the people... where do you go from there? What sequel story can you make that would be worthy for KH3?

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I just don't see it working.

Yess, and redo the story... make frollo/the story more like the movie, kh3d held back a lot. My wishful thinking. Also I would love to see this world with current gen graphics. And who made those art pieces, they're wonderful!

Edited by LostArtis

Honestly, I would give the world a second chance. I've always loved medieval themed worlds. If they added some NPCs and drastically increased the world's scale, that would be amazing. Call me crazy, but I loved standing atop the cathedral and overlooking the city.

I'd want it back if only so it could be done well. DDD gave us an extremely watered down and poorly presented version of Hunchback that does not do any favors for one of the most complicated and heavier films that Disney made during its Renaissance in the 90s. 

I would welcome La Cite De Cloches with open arms! The Hunchback Of Notre Dame is one of my favorite Disney Animated Classics, and I'm really happy it made its way into the Kingdom Hearts series!  Getting to visit this world again in Kingdom Hearts III would definitely be a blast! :D

I'd want it back if only so it could be done well. DDD gave us an extremely watered down and poorly presented version of Hunchback that does not do any favors for one of the most complicated and heavier films that Disney made during its Renaissance in the 90s. 

Master Dave, you took the words right out of my mouth! The thing I love about Hunchback is that it was bold and dared to take risks! With this film, Disney went pretty dark and discussed very deep themes, and the way the film conveyed the dark tone was perfect! It's sad that this film, like Treasure Planet and Atlantis: The Lost Empire, among notable others, is underrated and not all that well known! :(

Edit: Also, may I just say that those Heartless designs are way too badass! This is another reason I'd love to have La Cite De Cloches back! Just look at those amazing looking Heartless! :D

Edited by The Transcendent Key

I would only want the world done again for KH3 if they could fit it in to the story well. They would also need to do a new plot as well. Can't use what's already been used.

I would only want the world done again for KH3 if they could fit it in to the story well. They would also need to do a new plot as well. Can't use what's already been used.

That's what I just said. A new story with the ghost of Frollo (or Frollo revived by Xehanort) as the main antagonist.

That's what I just said. A new story with the ghost of Frollo (or Frollo revived by Xehanort) as the main antagonist.

Or Maleficent. A lot of people forget she can be responsible for antagonistic events or opponents as well. 

Or Maleficent. A lot of people forget she can be responsible for antagonistic events or opponents as well.

That could work, too. The thing is, though, Xehanort is going to have a more prominent role in KH3, so maybe Maleficent-or even Pete-could sneak a bit of involvement in Frollo's revival if Xehanort doesn't

I'd be thrilled to return to La Cite des Cloches as I'm quite disgruntled with the underuse of one of Disney's darkest villains who there is so much great potential for as well as the overall lack of originality and NPCs which caused it to feel isolated from the rest of the worlds in 3D.

HOND is also just one of my all time favorite Disney films. 

That's why I mentioned how The Hunchback of Notre Dame is a one trick pony. The sequel is too garbage for KH3 (but Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers was garbage too but it made the cut so who knows?).

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketters made the cut because it's an ideal, unique world for a non-main series Kingdom Hearts game. If that world was in Kingdom Hearts III, it'd be a wasted slot. Plus, we always get a Disney World, Disney Land based world in a Kingdom Hearts game so that fits the theme ideally.

Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketters made the cut because it's an ideal, unique world for a non-main series Kingdom Hearts game. If that world was in Kingdom Hearts III, it'd be a wasted slot. Plus, we always get a Disney World, Disney Land based world in a Kingdom Hearts game so that fits the theme ideally.

We do? What was the Disney World/ Disney Land for CoM and Days?

We do? What was the Disney World/ Disney Land for CoM and Days?

Chain of Memories came out straight after Kingdom Hearts so trends weren't set then, and as far as Days go, the Disney characters had no relevance with the plot so there was no purpose in adding a world like that in.

Plus the problem is what are you going to do? I mean we did the first movie in DDD and I dont want to see any of the god awulf staigh to DvD sequels in KH. While it is not impossible to come up with an original plot for the world I would prefer we see a bunch of world that we never did before. Hercules is an execption because you could argue we are only now actually finishing his story.