Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Addressing rumours and fake news about FF7 Remake.

Many people are buying into rumours about this game. 

Square Enix comments suggest #FinalFantasy 7 Remake isn't in full production yet, may not be complete by next gen http://bit.ly/2kjF72E 

The real article? Mentions nothing about 'may not be complete by next gen'.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/02/new-final-fantasy-titles-are-in-the-works-but-square-is-still-working-on-that-one-opening-scene-of-final-fantasy-7-remake/

Bottom line-the real interview can be found on NC, a REAL website. Can we please stop buying into this clickbait , for my sake and for everyone else's sake.

Here are some more fake sites, it's just like with KH3. These sites will do anything for ad revenue

How can you tell they are fake? They are usually crammed with adverts, whenever you visit their site the advertisers pay the webmaster a certain amount of money. The more adverts=the more money.

As for the work on the opening scene? That is true, you can use that to criticise and hate on the game all you want. Just give a legitimate criticism, not one that was fake. FF7 remake is not delayed to next gen, Nomura never said that and neither did Kitase. 
Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Fair enough

But let's look at Square's development pattern without all this fake nonsense shall we?

Until I see a playable build of episode 1 of FFVII remake at some point in E3 I'll remain skeptical and worried on Nomura's statement of "we're still working on that opening scene"

It's been a whole year since the gameplay trailer from PSX 2015 and they're still at this very early point of the game?The Bombing Mission is like gameplay wise 30 minutes of the prologue in midgar(which takes around 3 hours until you leave the city to the world map).If they've been working all this time on just the opening bit before the mechanical scorpion boss fight.....then that's a really worrying indicator on the pace of the progress they're making.

And before the fanboys go "Dude they're remaking an entire planet cuz gaia in FFVII is so huge"........ummmm this statement applies to every single RPG ever made because of how vague it is

I beat Final Fantasy VII,I love Final Fantasy VII but that game isn't the biggest RPG in the world when talking about scale even by Ps1 RPG standards,I can apply the above mentioned statement on FF9,Xenogears,FF8,Suikoden 2,Lunar,Legend of Dragoon ....etc to name a few.And outside the Ps1 circle,Final Fantasy 12 and Xenoblade Chronicles are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than FFVII but that's to be expected with better technology with the Ps2 and Wii

And the second point is:Nomura's other projects

Anyone who tells me that it won't affect the other games are lying to their faces and don't know what the job of director entails so allow me to be redundant here for a second

A director is in charge of more than just story and writing,he\she is in charge of marketing,scene shooting and choreography,information distribution,bug testing,quality assurance.........etc.A director is pretty much the leader of any given project.

Nomura's working on Kingdom Hearts 3 AND the FFVII remake will affect both games in various degrees cuz like I mentioned he's in charge of all the above mentioned for both games.Do you really think he'll just abandoned his child Kingdom Hearts and put more effort on directing the remake of a game from 1997 that he never directed or wrote the script for beyond character designs(he designed the characters but he's not the one that gave them their personalities as that's the job of the writer)?

With Kingdom Hearts he has co-directors like Nojima and maybe Tai Yasue to keep him in check where he shines as stated by Nomura himself in interviews for KH1 that he never was into directing to begin with but accepted to do so to supervise his own franchise....notice how he didn't direct any FF game before until the financial successes of KH1 and 2

And sadly in turn,because he has to show off some progress for the VII remake that would have it's side effect on KH3 too as he mentioned in a recent interview that a lot of worlds haven't been even touched yet..........KH3 was announced in 2013 and the only progress made it seems was on Olympus Colosseum,Twilight Town and the Tangled World

And without any possible 2.9(hopefully there won't be one).....KH3 should be put on a possible deadline especially if the higher ups and investors in both Square and Disney are expecting a decent report of profits by the end of the fiscal year for 2018

The moral of the story is,and I swear I'm beating a dead horse here: Don't have a single director be in charge of dozens of projects.Let him focus on one at a time and let someone else take the helm for the other project

People have reasonable fears to expect that the VII remake might be the next 15.If Nomura was this good of a director then why would Square pull him off from Versus XIII if he's a more prestigious director than Hajime Tabata and others within the company?If you say the reason is KH3 then why didn't they do so much earlier when Nomura was directing FIVE Kingdom Hearts games with 358\2 Days,Birth by Sleep,Re:Coded,Dream Drop Distance and Chi(X)?Not to mention his work on stuff like 0.2 for the 2.8 collection.

Until KH3 hit store shelves I don't expect FFVII remake episode 1 would come out until Holidays of 2019 to be honest and that's at the earliest if they're gonna pad each part of the game into 30 hours affair for each charging 60$ for each disc of the game

Fair enough

But let's look at Square's development pattern without all this fake nonsense shall we?

Until I see a playable build of episode 1 of FFVII remake at some point in E3 I'll remain skeptical and worried on Nomura's statement of "we're still working on that opening scene"

It's been a whole year since the gameplay trailer from PSX 2015 and they're still at this very early point of the game?The Bombing Mission is like gameplay wise 30 minutes of the prologue in midgar(which takes around 3 hours until you leave the city to the world map).If they've been working all this time on just the opening bit before the mechanical scorpion boss fight.....then that's a really worrying indicator on the pace of the progress they're making.

And before the fanboys go "Dude they're remaking an entire planet cuz gaia in FFVII is so huge"........ummmm this statement applies to every single RPG ever made because of how vague it is

I beat Final Fantasy VII,I love Final Fantasy VII but that game isn't the biggest RPG in the world when talking about scale even by Ps1 RPG standards,I can apply the above mentioned statement on FF9,Xenogears,FF8,Suikoden 2,Lunar,Legend of Dragoon ....etc to name a few.And outside the Ps1 circle,Final Fantasy 12 and Xenoblade Chronicles are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay bigger than FFVII but that's to be expected with better technology with the Ps2 and Wii

And the second point is:Nomura's other projects

Anyone who tells me that it won't affect the other games are lying to their faces and don't know what the job of director entails so allow me to be redundant here for a second

A director is in charge of more than just story and writing,he\she is in charge of marketing,scene shooting and choreography,information distribution,bug testing,quality assurance.........etc.A director is pretty much the leader of any given project.

Nomura's working on Kingdom Hearts 3 AND the FFVII remake will affect both games in various degrees cuz like I mentioned he's in charge of all the above mentioned for both games.Do you really think he'll just abandoned his child Kingdom Hearts and put more effort on directing the remake of a game from 1997 that he never directed or wrote the script for beyond character designs(he designed the characters but he's not the one that gave them their personalities as that's the job of the writer)?

With Kingdom Hearts he has co-directors like Nojima and maybe Tai Yasue to keep him in check where he shines as stated by Nomura himself in interviews for KH1 that he never was into directing to begin with but accepted to do so to supervise his own franchise....notice how he didn't direct any FF game before until the financial successes of KH1 and 2

And sadly in turn,because he has to show off some progress for the VII remake that would have it's side effect on KH3 too as he mentioned in a recent interview that a lot of worlds haven't been even touched yet..........KH3 was announced in 2013 and the only progress made it seems was on Olympus Colosseum,Twilight Town and the Tangled World

And without any possible 2.9(hopefully there won't be one).....KH3 should be put on a possible deadline especially if the higher ups and investors in both Square and Disney are expecting a decent report of profits by the end of the fiscal year for 2018

The moral of the story is,and I swear I'm beating a dead horse here: Don't have a single director be in charge of dozens of projects.Let him focus on one at a time and let someone else take the helm for the other project

People have reasonable fears to expect that the VII remake might be the next 15.If Nomura was this good of a director then why would Square pull him off from Versus XIII if he's a more prestigious director than Hajime Tabata and others within the company?If you say the reason is KH3 then why didn't they do so much earlier when Nomura was directing FIVE Kingdom Hearts games with 358\2 Days,Birth by Sleep,Re:Coded,Dream Drop Distance and Chi(X)?Not to mention his work on stuff like 0.2 for the 2.8 collection.

Until KH3 hit store shelves I don't expect FFVII remake episode 1 would come out until Holidays of 2019 to be honest and that's at the earliest if they're gonna pad each part of the game into 30 hours affair for each charging 60$ for each disc of the game

Genuine criticism=okay

Criticism based on fake news article=bad

Well, I'm sure that we'll slowly be getting information on the remake of Cloud's journey, so I think it shouldn't be too long until we get some updates! All we have to do is be patient and not believe any website's rumors! Concrete news comes from concrete sites that have good credibility, at least, that's what I think!