Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

(SPOILERS)Does the ending of 0.2 hints at a possible 2.9?

Ok before we jump to conclusions.Hear me out

if you remember,in the ending for 0.2.Riku and Mickey goes on a journey to save Aqua and before they leave Yen Sid gives them two suitcases(which I assume has Black Coats too?)

This aligns perfectly with Nomura's statement about KH3 being a while away before release so a 2.9 release at 2018 would financially make sense before doing a KH3 release in 2019

I might be wrong and I do hope I wrong but it really feels like 2.9 is going to happen

Sure people say "But Nomura said that the game after 2.8 is absolutely positively 100% KH3" but that's what Nomura has been saying since Dream Drop Distance and since then we got Chi\Unchained X,1.5,2.5(why are those not on Xbox One is beyond me) and then after that he said KH3 is the next one and then 2.8 was announced.

I really feel that they're gonna make Riku and Mickey's journey to the Realm of Darkness into either it's own game or a part of an upcoming collection where they'll either delay 1.5+2.5 to add that into it or they might remaster 358\2 days into something playable and then add that to it

I'm not saying I'm impatient cuz I could care less if KH3 isn't a 2017 or 2018 game cuz if they're not turning Riku and Mickey's journey into it's own package(remember that 0.2 was not the only number that appeared in the secret episode of Birth by Sleep) or have it happen off-screen in KH3 or have it be a DLC episode(Yes DLC will happen eventually to KH)

I hope your wrong. No one wants a 2.9 xD

And the fact that 0.2 has raised my hype for KH3 to another level. Pretty sure a lot of others will say the same.

I hope I'm wrong too

It's just the way they've shown Riku and Mickey going to their rescue mission really hints into a possibility of that happen

Especially if Square is still committed to the whole "KH release per year" pattern which now they found an easy way to fill without making full new games

So financially it'll make sense to them

And since 2.8 didn't cause any backlash I'm assuming the fandom would give 2.9 a warm welcome and say "FOR REALSIES THIS LEADS TO KINGDOM HEARTS 3 GUYS"

I hope I'm wrong too

It's just the way they've shown Riku and Mickey going to their rescue mission really hints into a possibility of that happen

Especially if Square is still committed to the whole "KH release per year" pattern which now they found an easy way to fill without making full new games

And since 2.8 didn't cause any backlash I'm assuming the fandom would give 2.9 a warm welcome and say "FOR REALSIES THIS LEADS TO KINGDOM HEARTS 3 GUYS"

Welp, sounds ridiculous, but I wouldn't be surprised

This is Nomura we are talking about after all

if you remember,in the ending for 0.2.Riku and Mickey goes on a journey to save Aqua and before they leave Yen Sid gives them two suitcases(which I assume has Black Coats too?)

This aligns perfectly with Nomura's statement about KH3 being a while away before release so a 2.9 release at 2018 would financially make sense before doing a KH3 release in 2019

I might be wrong and I do hope I wrong but it really feels like 2.9 is going to happen

Sure people say "But Nomura said that the game after 2.8 is absolutely positively 100% KH3" but that's what Nomura has been saying since Dream Drop Distance and since then we got Chi\Unchained X,1.5,2.5(why are those not on Xbox One is beyond me) and then after that he said KH3 is the next one and then 2.8 was announced.

I really feel that they're gonna make Riku and Mickey's journey to the Realm of Darkness into either it's own game or a part of an upcoming collection where they'll either delay 1.5+2.5 to add that into it or they might remaster 358\2 days into something playable and then add that to it

I'm not saying I'm impatient cuz I could care less if KH3 isn't a 2017 or 2018 game cuz if they're not turning Riku and Mickey's journey into it's own package(remember that 0.2 was not the only number that appeared in the secret episode of Birth by Sleep) or have it happen off-screen in KH3 or have it be a DLC episode(Yes DLC will happen eventually to KH)

Nomura said that the suitcases contain Riku and Mickey's new outfits, not black coats, and he also said that the '2.9' scene depicts the series crossing over into KH3 if I recall correctly. Although, I wouldn't mind a 2.9, especially since I enjoyed 2.8.

Edited by KHLegendIII

I hope your wrong. No one wants a 2.9 xD

And the fact that 0.2 has raised my hype for KH3 to another level. Pretty sure a lot of others will say the same.

If 2.9 is a real thing. I think it would be a DLC about Sora in the Olympic Colisieum.

Lol no, 2.9 is basicly that scene. It's meant to be a start to KH3 and that's why they did a name drop for Olympus and why it ended on a cliffhanger because if you remember Nomura said that we would start KH3 confused and this would be the reason why. I think Sora will start on Olympus and the tutorial will be part of our training that Sora will need and if you didn't watch 2.9 then you wouldn't know why we are here. Nomura also said 2.9 is just the scene in the recent interview too.

Nomura said that the suitcases contain Riku and Mickey's new outfits, not black coats, and he also said that the '2.9' scene depicts the series crossing over into KH3 if I recall correctly. Although, I wouldn't mind a 2.9, especially since I enjoyed 2.8.

this

"In an effort to undermine Xehanort’s plot, Sora, Donald and Goofy search for seven guardians of light and the “Key to Return Hearts,” while King Mickey and Riku search for previous Keyblade wielders."

Plot Synopsis for KH III

And 2.9 was the Ending of 0.2

I feel like the way it was all lined up in that absolutely amazing ending piece, KH3 is the only title to come next. While we could start in Olympus I can see the opening cutscenes involving Mickey and Riku getting into the Realm of Darkness first. Past that, it would easily and smoothly transition to Sora training in Olympus.

You know that Shinji Hashimoto has said himself that 2.9 is not a thing and that 2.8 is the last game right? I've told you this before.

There won’t be a “2.9” after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, and it’ll go straight to Kingdom Hearts III after. On the topic of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep, he says that it may sound short, but its duration will depend on how the player plays, and he believes it won’t be something that will be finished in no time.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/09/final-fantasy-brand-manager-talks-possibilities-final-fantasy-xvi-x-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So no. 2.8 refers to Dream Drop Distance, the 0.2 is Aqua's journey and the 2.9 cutscene is the final cutscene of 0.2. As Mickey is telling the flashback from directly after dream drop, but the flashback itself takes place after Birth By Sleep and runs parallel with the ending of KH1.

I hope I'm wrong too

Why on earth would 2.8 cause backlash? It was necessary. DDD NEEDED to be on PS4 because it's a sequel to KH2 and the prequel to KH3? 0.2 is a KH3 demo that fills in the 'plotholes' you dislike so much and Back Cover also does this but leaves some questions for KH3 and UX season 2 to answer. 

It has been stated in many KH3 synopsis' such as the old one on the website and by Nomura himself that Riku and Mickey were going to the ROD during KH3. So we knew this years ago. 

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

You know that Shinji Hashimoto has said himself that 2.9 is not a thing and that 2.8 is the last game right? I've told you this before.

There won’t be a “2.9” after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, and it’ll go straight to Kingdom Hearts III after. On the topic of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep, he says that it may sound short, but its duration will depend on how the player plays, and he believes it won’t be something that will be finished in no time.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/11/09/final-fantasy-brand-manager-talks-possibilities-final-fantasy-xvi-x-3/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

So no. 2.8 refers to Dream Drop Distance, the 0.2 is Aqua's journey and the 2.9 cutscene is the final cutscene of 0.2. As Mickey is telling the flashback from directly after dream drop, but the flashback itself takes place after Birth By Sleep and runs parallel with the ending of KH1.

Why on earth would 2.8 cause backlash? It was necessary. DDD NEEDED to be on PS4 because it's a sequel to KH2 and the prequel to KH3? 0.2 is a KH3 demo that fills in the 'plotholes' you dislike so much and Back Cover also does this but leaves some questions for KH3 and UX season 2 to answer. 

It has been stated in many KH3 synopsis' such as the old one on the website and by Nomura himself that Riku and Mickey were going to the ROD during KH3. So we knew this years ago. 

2.8 was ANYTHING but necessary

DDD should've been remastered with 2.5 if you ask me,0.2 is literally Square's own MGS Ground Zeroes where they're selling a prologue and it didn't fill the plotholes that needed to fill but instead filled a non-existent one regarding the first game

As for the ending cutscene being 2.9................so was the ending scene in BBS Final Mix being referred to as 0.2 where they totally said it leads to KH3 and that 0.2 won't be it's own seperate thing yet lo and behold it did

Back Cover did nothing for me but make the story triple more convoluted and didn't explain most of the stuff from Chi that needed clarification and the only thing I liked from that mess was the Master of Masters himself........The Foretellers are a bunch of dumbass fanatics who rathered to doom the world and have dozens of kids kill each other cuz they can never doubt the painfully obvious evil intentions of their masters who purposefully gave them missions that would cause them to clash with one another.It's the stupidest cause for the keyblade war that I've ever seen

Of course not, that's ridiculous. "2.9" is simply just the name of that cutscene. Riku and Mickey are going to save Aqua in KH3.

So was 0.2 back in 2011 with KH BBS Final Mix

DDD should've been remastered with 2.5 if you ask me,0.2 is literally Square's own MGS Ground Zeroes where they're selling a prologue and it didn't fill the plotholes that needed to fill but instead filled a non-existent one regarding the first game

As for the ending cutscene being 2.9................so was the ending scene in BBS Final Mix being referred to as 0.2 where they totally said it leads to KH3 and that 0.2 won't be it's own seperate thing yet lo and behold it did

Back Cover did nothing for me but make the story triple more convoluted and didn't explain most of the stuff from Chi that needed clarification and the only thing I liked from that mess was the Master of Masters himself........The Foretellers are a bunch of dumbass fanatics who rathered to doom the world and have dozens of kids kill each other cuz they can never doubt the painfully obvious evil intentions of their masters who purposefully gave them missions that would cause them to clash with one another.It's the stupidest cause for the keyblade war that I've ever seen

Just because it wasn't necessary for you personally doesn't mean it's not necessary for others. DDD had to be remastered since it's the KH2 sequel and the bridge between 2 and 3. As long as they get the game out is what matters to them.

Dream Drop Distance is just a bad filler to me and only exist for retcons in my eyes.

Back Cover was mostly a waste of my time and I hope it has no influence on KH3 what so ever. The story doesn't really do a job at explaining things to do audience who aren't familliar with Chi like me. If it has effect on ''season 2'' than I wonder why Square wants me to care about a game that won't influence KH3 besides a few dialoges maybe with more riddles than answers

Edited by AwesomeKHfan

I think Nomura did talk about the '2.9' scene in an interview recently. If I recall correctly, that scene was shown that the series was now crossing over into KH3.

Just because it wasn't necessary for you personally doesn't mean it's not necessary for others. DDD had to be remastered since it's the KH2 sequel and the bridge between 2 and 3. As long as they get the game out is what matters to them.

Ummm when did I say it's not necessary for others?

It's just my opinion,I never forced it on anyone and I emphasized that it's MY opinion

You guys are hyped that's fine more power to you.............I'm not

Dream Drop Distance is just a bad filler to me and only exist for retcons in my eyes.

Back Cover was mostly a waste of my time and I hope it has no influence on KH3 what so ever. The story doesn't really do a job at explaining things to do audience who aren't familliar with Chi like me. If it has effect on ''season 2'' than I wonder why Square wants me to care about a game that won't influence KH3 besides a few dialoges maybe with more riddles than answers

Well like it or not, Nomura made the game and put important stuff in it. Without it you wouldn't know why Creepanort is back or any of the other Org. members, Why Riku is a master, or etc. Was it necessary to make Sora and Riku masters, no, nor was it necessary for them to put Xehanort's coming back in 3D and not 3, but they did therefore it is necessary. If it's your opinion, then that's fine, but then say it as such and not in a way that it's a world wide fact.

Well like it or not, Nomura made the game and put important stuff in it. Without it you wouldn't know why Creepanort is back or any of the other Org. members, Why Riku is a master, or etc. Was it necessary to make Sora and Riku masters, no, nor was it necessary for them to put Xehanort's coming back in 3D and not 3, but they did therefore it is necessary. If it's your opinion, then that's fine, but then say it as such and not in a way that it's a world wide fact.

I never said DDD wasn't necessary that opinion is reserved to pointless shit like Chi 

DDD is just badly written with all the time travel and retcons added and those are the unnecessary stuff I'm referring to

I never said anything as if it's fact but it's so redundant to just copy and paste the words "in my opinion" and "it's just my subjective opinion" on every single little post I make so normally one would expect such thing to be common sense without putting signs of MY OPINION in all caps every time

I never said DDD wasn't necessary that opinion is reserved to pointless shit like Chi 

DDD is just badly written with all the time travel and retcons added and those are the unnecessary stuff I'm referring to

I never said anything as if it's fact but it's so redundant to just copy and paste the words "in my opinion" and "it's just my subjective opinion" on every single little post I make so normally one would expect such thing to be common sense without putting signs of MY OPINION in all caps every time

You said 2.8 was anything but necessary, which would include 3D, 0.2, and Back Cover since they are the compilation. I get what you mean now, but how you typed it made it unclear. As for the "Opinion" thing, welcome to the internet, this is a place where your words can be easily misunderstood and people say the craziest things as fact. It's just best to use things like that sometimes redundant or not, but that's just what I think.

You said 2.8 was anything but necessary, which would include 3D, 0.2, and Back Cover since they are the compilation. I get what you mean now, but how you typed it made it unclear. As for the "Opinion" thing, welcome to the internet, this is a place where your words can be easily misunderstood and people say the craziest things as fact. It's just best to use things like that sometimes redundant or not, but that's just what I think.

Well I meant the package not the game itself cuz I already have DDD on my 3DS

*sigh*.....guess I'll go back to putting that disclaimer I used to put,cuz humanity never learn I guess

This isn't an equitable comparison whatsoever. The 0.2 cutscene in BBSFM has always been a teaser for a BBS volume two. The 2.9 cutscene in 0.2BBS isn't a teaser for a 2.9 game. "2.9" is just simply the name of the cutscene.

Edited by Elfdemon_

Recoded said for me ''oke his heartless and nobody are destroyed and now he might come back... Let me think he was experimenting on stuff in the records eh he was insane in Birth By Sleep I think I know what he wants to do'' yeah and Back cover doesn't really do a well job explaining things to me

2.9 is bullshit and will never happen. What do you think it will even be? Another 3 hour demo? What will they pack it in with to justify the price? Every remix release had one main game and two smaller additions, one of it being a cinematic and the second being a spin off title, 1.5 had 1FM, 2.5 had 2FM and 2.8 had DDDHD. They even released a collectors box to store every KH game in, they officially say that KH3 is the next thing, nothing in between, and still people come up with the idea of a 2.9. How can you be this paranoid about not getting your precious game soon? 

It's seriously just the name of the cutscene. Hashimoto said that there would be no "2.9" game and that after 2.8 it would be straight to KH3, 1.5+2.5 and ongoing Unchained X events notwithstanding. The scene is so clearly trying to bridge the gap between 0.2, Dream Drop Distance, and KH3, it literally ends with Sora and co. taking off for the first Disney world that ever got confirmed for the game, Olympus Coliseum. There really is no room left for any story in-between all this, unless it was a tiny cutscene of some random thing happening somewhere. At most, you could probably make a little thing about Kairi and Lea's training, but that's about it, the Riku, Mickey, and Aqua thing is something that you would save for KH3, and even with my suggestion, I'd still feel like Kairi and Lea's training would fit much better as a basics tutorial before switching over to Sora in OC, since it would make more sense for the player to already know how to run, jump, attack, and dodge/block by the time they're in their first world where it sounds like it will teach more about advanced movement. But that's just my tastes I guess.

Bottom line, they're being pretty upfront and direct about this being the absolute last bit of new in-between content before KH3. There's a difference between the original "BBS Vol. 2" hidden ending and this "2.9" ending scene, the first literally felt like a teaser trailer for a new game (they were flashing extra cutscenes and everything), while this 2.9 scene really feels like the end of the 2nd Pirates of the Caribbean movie hinting at the 3rd movie. One gave a message of "another story to be told someday, maybe" while another said "next stop, the next chapter". I don't know how else to spell it out, since they are literally spelling it out in this scene. The game is called 2.8, the scene is called 2.9, the next number is 3. Unless you're willing to make a KH 2.9347 or some other microfraction, there's no where else you can go between that scene and the beginning of KH3.