Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

New patch for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, adjustments to gameplay for Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage-

A new patch for Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is available, containing multiple fixes for gameplay in Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage-. The patch improves overall playability and makes adjustments to MP consumption, camera speed, the command menu, damage taken in Proud and Critical modes, and enemy AI parameters.

An image of the patch can be found below thanks to Twitter user @xenosaga7.

Posted Image

Update: In addition, the patch also allows the player to see which magic spells deplete their MP bar as shown in the photo below

Posted Image

Lastly, the counter animation can now be interrupted by performing a Barrier spell or a Cartwheel. Credit goes to @everglow8444 for the tip.

Click here to view the article

Idk about how this will affect 0.2's gameplay since I still don't have a PS4 yet (rip)

But I am amused that 2.8 is getting a patch this early and they did nothing to fix 2.5 on the PS3 xD Fingers crossed that the PS4 port takes care of that.

Peace!

Oh thank Christ. The damage you take in Proud mode is ridiculous; a few good hits from enemies will put you into the red almost immediately. It took me like six tries to beat the final boss because it just dealt so much damage so quick with almost no way to avoid it half the time. Really glad they're addressing that.

I checked for updates but nothing came up

At this moment in time, the patch is for JP.

I'd guess that English will likely see this same patch soon.

I really don't know how I feel about them making the game easier, In my opinion the difficulty would have been best left alone. But the other Bug fixes are good.

There is a line between "hard" and "unfair/not well-designed" that people sometimes don't see. Many would say some of how the game was designed were leaning more towards "unfair" rather than "hard".

Edited by dabestgamer

These changes are really good. Devil's Wave is actually predictable now and the damage buffs for crit are amazing. Can't wait to see what the speedrunners will do with this update