Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Dio Brando

Wait a second(0.2 SPOILERS)

If you remember in the Blank Point secret scene in the original Birth by Sleep,Aqua was surprised to learn that the boy saving the worlds weren't Terra or Ven but actually Sora............which was told to her by Ansem the Wise

But according to 0.2 Aqua did know from Mickey that it's Sora and Riku that have been saving the worlds this whole time(technically Sora only but whatever) so why was she surprised to the point of tearing up in Blank Point if she already knew this from Mickey before she met up with Ansem?

That's...........kind of a plothole that was caused by them adding Aqua to the ending of KH1 saying that she was there the whole time and she's the reason Riku was safe and that Kingdom Key D was hidden in Destiny Island the whole time

It really feels like they forgot Aqua's conversation with Ansem when they were writing 0.2 because if she knew this detail about Sora and Riku from Mickey why was she so surprised when Ansem told her the exact same thing later

Cuz in Blank Point,at the time of the writing of BBS Aqua has no idea what was going on outside the realm of darkness beyond discovering the fallen worlds

And before someone pull a weak excuse off "Oh she stayed too long in the darkness so she didn't knew or forgot".............mind you she remembered Mickey after ten years since time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness and the year between KH1 and 2 would be significantly shorter in the Realm of Darkness

I've said this time and again but it feels like Nomura is just making things up as he goes and forcefully tries to connect every single game and character to each and every plot point no matter how much of a cop out those connection feels or if they serve the plot in a good way.Dream Drop Distance in particular is the worst offender of this with the introduction of time travel cuz of course now Vanilla Ice.....ahem I mean Ansem SoD can just do that which made things way more convoluted than they should,not to mention the whole oh Organization XIII's true purpose the whole time was to form the 13 darknesses to fight the 7 lights to form TRUE X-Blade which was split to 20 pieces even though according to Xehanort Report number VII in Birth by Sleep that the only way to form the X-blade was to fuse to hearts of pure light and darkness together(And if you don't believe me here is the whole script for Report Number 7)

Xehanort's Report VII

" I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different. Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts. It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought. If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought."

More and more retcons and connections are added up on the fly

Oh and Sora's whole "secret" thing is the same thing he did in DDD...........he just went back just to say thanks to the damn Dream Eaters and missed a looooooooong exposition dump that would've helped him in his adventure and on top of that.........He never even mentioned all the hallucinations he saw of Aqua and Terra or his reunion with Roxas or him seeing Namine and Xion again before he was abducted by Xehanort................HEY SORA THIS IS CRUCIAL INFORMATIONS YOU MORON  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL MICKEY AND YEN SID ABOUT IT BUT NOPE HERPADERP MA POKEMANS NEEDED SOME PRAISE DATS MORE IMPORTANT......dumbass

If you remember in the Blank Point secret scene in the original Birth by Sleep,Aqua was surprised to learn that the boy saving the worlds weren't Terra or Ven but actually Sora............which was told to her by Ansem the Wise

But according to 0.2 Aqua did know from Mickey that it's Sora and Riku that have been saving the worlds this whole time(technically Sora only but whatever) so why was she surprised to the point of tearing up in Blank Point if she already knew this from Mickey before she met up with Ansem?

That's...........kind of a plothole that was caused by them adding Aqua to the ending of KH1 saying that she was there the whole time and she's the reason Riku was safe and that Kingdom Key D was hidden in Destiny Island the whole time

It really feels like they forgot Aqua's conversation with Ansem when they were writing 0.2 because if she knew this detail about Sora and Riku from Mickey why was she so surprised when Ansem told her the exact same thing later

Cuz in Blank Point,at the time of the writing of BBS Aqua has no idea what was going on outside the realm of darkness beyond discovering the fallen worlds

And before someone pull a weak excuse off "Oh she stayed too long in the darkness so she didn't knew or forgot".............mind you she remembered Mickey after ten years since time flows differently in the Realm of Darkness and the year between KH1 and 2 would be significantly shorter in the Realm of Darkness

I've said this time and again but it feels like Nomura is just making things up as he goes and forcefully tries to connect every single game and character to each and every plot point no matter how much of a cop out those connection feels or if they serve the plot in a good way.Dream Drop Distance in particular is the worst offender of this with the introduction of time travel cuz of course now Vanilla Ice.....ahem I mean Ansem SoD can just do that which made things way more convoluted than they should,not to mention the whole oh Organization XIII's true purpose the whole time was to form the 13 darknesses to fight the 7 lights to form TRUE X-Blade which was split to 20 pieces even though according to Xehanort Report number VII in Birth by Sleep that the only way to form the X-blade was to fuse to hearts of pure light and darkness together(And if you don't believe me here is the whole script for Report Number 7)

Xehanort's Report VII

" I have uncovered the Keyblade's ultimate mystery. You see, besides the three families of Keyblades, there is another "Key Blade." While it may sound the same when spoken, it is notated uniquely: "χ-blade." And make no mistake, while it resembles a normal Keyblade, it is something altogether different. Keyblades are said to be man-made counterparts to Kingdom Hearts. The χ-blade, however, coexists with Kingdom Hearts. It is only forged when two hearts of equal power intersect--one heart of pure darkness, one heart of pure light. At the time of its forging, Kingdom Hearts appears. It must be noted, though, that this Kingdom Hearts is special. Unlike the Kingdoms brought about forcibly and artificially through the collection of hearts, THIS Kingdom Hearts is a perfect and complete union of ALL the worlds' hearts. Surely it was over this that the ancient Keyblade War was fought. If so, the walls that divide the worlds today are of little consequence. With the χ-blade, all their hearts could be instantly reunited--and the Keyblade War, refought."

Oh and Sora's whole "secret" thing is the same thing he did in DDD...........he just went back just to say thanks to the damn Dream Eaters and missed a looooooooong exposition dump that would've helped him in his adventure and on top of that.........He never even mentioned all the hallucinations he saw of Aqua and Terra or his reunion with Roxas or him seeing Namine and Xion again before he was abducted by Xehanort................HEY SORA THIS IS CRUCIAL INFORMATIONS YOU MORON  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL MICKEY AND YEN SID ABOUT IT BUT NOPE HERPADERP MA POKEMANS NEEDED SOME PRAISE DATS MORE IMPORTANT......dumbass

"

That's...........kind of a plothole that was caused by them adding Aqua to the ending of KH1 saying that she was there the whole time and she's the reason Riku was safe and that Kingdom Key D was hidden in Destiny Island the whole time"

She probably knew of Sora, but didn't know it was him that was , also the realm of darkness seems to take away memories(see Ansem the Wise), not to mention made Mickey didn't make a mention of them saving worlds, in fact I rewatched the cutscene and Japanese dub, and Mickey says that Sora has the Kingdom Key of Light he made no mention of him going out and saving worlds, for all that Aqua knew he was just trying to save his own world, or to get out of a mess, and he was chosen by the Keyblade of Light.

Ansem specifically stated a boy didn't say anything by name, could have been any Keyblade wielder in fact the description was so vague, that Ventus could have fit the description, or Keyblade Wielder #1243 a guy named Foof could have been saving worlds in Sora's stead. Therefore it's not plothole, she was tearing up because he was her hope, he was still doing what he is doing, and considering the realm of darkness messes with memories it's not a stretch to say that a passing detail of someone she barely knows would have slipped under her radar.

Now onto the Xehanort report he's a scientist pretty much what he said was based on theory, doesn't mean he didn't have faults in the report himself, and he himself has said he was way too eager to achieve his goal of getting the X-Blade, him finding another way isn't a plot hole or inconsistency either if anything it ties back to KH1.

Also the hallucinations he doesn't know most of those people, hell out of the people he knew it was only Namine, Roxas, he barely knew Aqua, and she as hell didn't know Terra, so of course he wouldn't feel the need to mention it, he himself didn't know what to make of it, and probably thought his mission would contain the key.

Also on the Destiny Island scene where Mickey asked her the names, she said Sora and Riku, and Mickey stated that both were helping him, Ansem said a singular BOY, why on earth would she get Riku or Sora from that when they were both teamed up with Mickey. Not to mention the last time she saw the two they were kids, and barely saw Riku. So of course she's going to be surprised that Sora is taking charge bringing happiness to worlds, and killing the darkness by himself, and taking charge without Mickey. This isn't a plot hole or an inconsistency if anything I would argue it would be inconsistent if she did know it was Sora, since it wasn't him by himself that was doing this, Ansem said singular boy with friends, the only people that would fit the description in her mind would be Ven or Terra with a few Keyblade wielders, not Sora or Riku when Mickey was obviously in charge.

Not to mention that she didn't know Sora received any training on how to use the Keyblade, where as Ven and Terra did, so of course Sora wouldn't come to her mind.

Xehanort's Report VII

Oh stop with the pessimism. This isn't "caution" or being "realistic". They all say that and then follow it up with something negative. Look, it kind of is a plot hole, but if you think about what Aqua said earlier in 0.2

not even memories are safe from the darkness

so she could have forgotten. Ever think about that? Darkness does squirrelly things with memories and her seeing phantoms of Terra and Ven are a perfect example.

Oh stop with the pessimism. This isn't "caution" or being "realistic". They all say that and then follow it up with something negative. Look, it kind of is a plot hole, but if you think about what Aqua said earlier in 0.2

not even memories are safe from the darkness

so she could have forgotten. Ever think about that? Darkness does squirrelly things with memories and her seeing phantoms of Terra and Ven are a perfect example.

Yeah sure she forgot something Mickey told her a short while ago but doesn't forget two random kids she met 10 years ago in which she spent a total of 5 minutes with

And if her memory wasn't that safe she should've been a total amnesiac by now judging by how long she stayed in the realm of darkness

That's not pessimism,that's a normal question.If you don't like what I say why bother yourself with it if you can easily ignore me ?

Edited by Smash Mega Koopa

Yeah sure she forgot something Mickey told her a short while ago but doesn't forget two random kids she met 10 years ago in which she spent a total of 5 minutes with

And if her memory wasn't that safe she should've been a total amnesiac by now judging by how long she stayed in the realm of darkness

That's not pessimism,that's a normal question.If you don't like what I say why bother yourself with it if you can easily ignore me ?

They all say that. Mind you that time in the Realm of Darkness is much slower so what seemed like just recently in the RoD, was a few years ago in the RoL. I mean, Aqua learned that she had been gone for a decade. It didn't seem like that long ago she fell to darkness. Besides, we don't know what she did or where she was between Destiny Islands being restored and Blank Points. It turned out the time between the two was the span from KH to Re:coded. Heck, I could have forgotten what Mickey told me before after trekking through the RoD. Also, I don't think Aqua knew of the events of Re:CoM, KH2, and Re:coded. She just knew that the worlds fell and she needed to help close the door. That and she didn't know Sora or even Riku would save her until Ansem told her. Edited by KingdomHearts3

They all say that. Mind you that time in the Realm of Darkness is much slower so what seemed like just recently in the RoD, was a few years ago in the RoL. I mean, Aqua learned that she had been gone for a decade. It didn't seem like that long ago she fell to darkness. Besides, we don't know what she did or where she was between Destiny Islands being restored and Blank Points. It turned out the time between the two was the span from KH to Re:coded. Heck, I could have forgotten what Mickey told me before after trekking through the RoD. Also, I don't think Aqua knew of the events of Re:CoM, KH2, and Re:coded. She just knew that the worlds fell and she needed to help close the door. That and she didn't know Sora or even Riku would save her until Ansem told her.

When did I say she knew of what happened in CoM and 2?Stop changing the topic to justify her

What Mickey told her is AN ESSENTIAL DETAIL TO HER SURVIVAL,an important detail on who to help against Xehanort and the way out of the RoD

She knew that Sora is a Keyblade wielders now from Mickey when he talked about Sora and Riku so that shouldn't really have come as much of a surprise to her after receiving the same infos again from Ansem

When did I say she knew of what happened in CoM and 2?Stop changing the topic to justify her

What Mickey told her is AN ESSENTIAL DETAIL TO HER SURVIVAL,an important detail on who to help against Xehanort and the way out of the RoD

She knew that Sora is a Keyblade wielders now from Mickey when he talked about Sora and Riku so that shouldn't really have come as much of a surprise to her after receiving the same infos again from Ansem

I am not changing anything. I am just using data. I didn't say you said anything like that. I don't recall Mickey telling her anything important to her survival and to help her get out of the RoD. He told her what he was after, what he needed to do, and who was helping him. I don't recall him saying anything on Xehanort and how to get out. He in fact said he never thought about how to get out he was so focused on getting in. As for her, she learned from Mickey that Sora is a Keyblade wielder, yes that is true, but as for knowing what happened between her meeting with Mickey and Ansem, that's different.

Xehanort's Report VII

It's not a plothole. Aqua would be surprised and shocked to hear from a man she had never met before that the relm of light was in danger a second time within such a short period of time, and she would of course be hopeful that the boy that Ansem was talking about would be one of her friends who are both boys. The tears on her face was her realizing just how special Sora is. Xehanort said that his theory was wrong and he was reckless and given how he acted in the rest of his report would support this. We...we have already established that Sora is dumb. 

It's not a plothole. Aqua would be surprised and shocked to hear from a man she had never met before that the relm of light was in danger a second time within such a short period of time, and she would of course be hopeful that the boy that Ansem was talking about would be one of her friends who are both boys. The tears on her face was her realizing just how special Sora is. Xehanort said that his theory was wrong and he was reckless and given how he acted in the rest of his report would support this. We...we have already established that Sora is dumb.

This was the point I was trying to get to actually! xD

Well that makes his experiment with Ventus and Vanitas completely pointless if he knew the method all along  and in turn makes Ventus a complete waste of space as he's now just exist to justify Sora wielding a keyblade in KH1 which could've been easily explained in a multiple of ways than making Sora a goddamn human cthulu who can store up to six hearts inside him

The way they handled Sora bothers the shit out of me,in KH1 he felt special but after that he felt like every generic shonen template protagonist of the "dumb with a heart of gold" archtype.Like..........you can be happy-go-lucky and have some common sense and smartness at the same time.

Heck if anything he's dumber than freakin Okuyasu from Jojo Part 4 xD........and I like Okuyasu tho 

Well that makes his experiment with Ventus and Vanitas completely pointless if he knew the method all along  and in turn makes Ventus a complete waste of space as he's now just exist to justify Sora wielding a keyblade in KH1 which could've been easily explained in a multiple of ways than making Sora a goddamn human cthulu who can store up to six hearts inside him

The way they handled Sora bothers the shit out of me,in KH1 he felt special but after that he felt like every generic shonen template protagonist of the "dumb with a heart of gold" archtype.Like..........you can be happy-go-lucky and have some common sense and smartness at the same time.

Heck if anything he's dumber than freakin Okuyasu from Jojo Part 4 xD........and I like Okuyasu tho 

He said he acted rashly and so that is why he used Ventus and Vanitas. He started getting ahead of himself and was doing it wrong. As result of his actions, Ventus sleeps in the Chamber of Waking. Yes, Sora is currently not the... sharpest... knife in the drawer, but come KH3, he'll be forced to become sharper.

I think it makes sense even with the new information from 0.2. Aqua has been in the Realm of Darkness for a while, without the protection from a black coat or any special clothes. Clearly she asks Ansem the Wise if it's Terra or Ven because she wants to know if Mickey, Sora, and Riku found them. They are the biggest parts of her life, she just wants to make sure they are okay and that her sacrifice wasn't in vein. I assume she cries when she finds out Sora and Riku are saving the worlds, as she saw them do it once with Mickey. She probably assumes that they have become Keyblade masters and are stopping all the threats in the Realm of Light, while knowing that they will be the ones to save Terra and Ven (as she probably knows Terra passed the Keyblade down to Riku, and she didn't give it to Sora).

No, Ventus is only the reason he can dual-wield, if it was about the Keyblade in general, they would've left it at *magic*.

Also, Ventus is not a complete waste of space. I agree that Nomura pulls a lot out of his ass, but he does manage to connect some points rather nicely, too. Xehanort said time and time again that he takes a lot of precautions, opens up a lot of paths he may wander upon in case one of his paths closes in front of him. It makes sense for him to try a dozen ways to summon the X-Blade instead of just one and failing with it. Corrupting one person also seems a lot safer than dividing one's heart into 13 peaces to control 12 people, so it figures he would go for that first.

Yes. there are sadly some plot holes with Blank Points, Aqua should've known that something is happening outside because she felt it during 0.2, but her surprise over Sora being the one who saves the worlds (a boy who is around 14-15 years old to her knowledge, just as young as Ven and, also to her knowledge, probably untrained) can be quite genuine. It even makes more sense for her to cry at the mention of his name after 0.2 because she already knows he is a Keyblade wielder and succeeded in closing the door with Mickey.

Sora's hallucinations were exactly that to him. Hallucinations. He was having the weirdest dream, he recalls hearing Riku's voice, but I think he never mentions that he saw something. For all we know he might have forgotten. He might've pushed it away because he was still dealing with Roxas's pain. He just might've forgotten Aqua and Terra (he was 4 after all), he saw their faces for such a short time, he might've forgotten them long before he woke up.

Well actually, Ansem never said Sora's name. Aqua answered her own Question by finishing Ansem's sentence #RelationshipGoals.

The real plothole is. how the heck could Riku NOT have seen Aqua?

Edited by Connected

Well that makes his experiment with Ventus and Vanitas completely pointless if he knew the method all along and in turn makes Ventus a complete waste of space as he's now just exist to justify Sora wielding a keyblade in KH1 which could've been easily explained in a multiple of ways than making Sora a goddamn human cthulu who can store up to six hearts inside him

Xehanort just wanted a short cut to KH without going through all the trouble of starting a cult and agroing 7 goody-two-shoes or murdering 7 princesses. Plus, technically it wasn't a complete waste of time since they did produce a X-blade (although a fake one, but it was still powerful), so if Ven comes back so would Vanitas and then a repeat of BBS would happen, but this time I feel Vanitas would win because he would have help this time and then there would possibly be two X-blades on the battlefield. Edited by Kingdomhe

Well, the long pause where Aqua is sobbing quietly and Ansem is just staring at her implies pretty much that he said the name out loud. Everything else was just to make the scene more dramatic.

In Blank Points, Aqua isn't as surprised as you say she is. When she hears the name Sora, she starts crying. That's not surprise; that's emotion. So, no plot hole here...

He said he acted rashly and so that is why he used Ventus and Vanitas. He started getting ahead of himself and was doing it wrong. As result of his actions, Ventus sleeps in the Chamber of Waking. Yes, Sora is currently not the... sharpest... knife in the drawer, but come KH3, he'll be forced to become sharper.

Well if the reason is that he's getting old....he could've just....start possessing a young body,form Organization XIII and never bother with Ventus as an apprentice in the first place

I hope that in KH3 either Xehanort or the MoM would provide enough threat for Sora and not just die easily cuz they're the bad guys and he's good........I want them to make Sora suffer and have a taste of what the other felt

In Blank Points, Aqua isn't as surprised as you say she is. When she hears the name Sora, she starts crying. That's not surprise; that's emotion. So, no plot hole here...

Emotion for what?She only knew the boy for 5 minutes

Well if the reason is that he's getting old....he could've just....start possessing a young body,form Organization XIII and never bother with Ventus as an apprentice in the first place

I hope that in KH3 either Xehanort or the MoM would provide enough threat for Sora and not just die easily cuz they're the bad guys and he's good........I want them to make Sora suffer and have a taste of what the other felt

Emotion for what?She only knew the boy for 5 minutes

That young body was Terra. Yes, he could have created thirteen darknesses and capture seven lights, but remember, he wanted the X-blade immediately and started acting as he put it "rashly" and "lost sight of the correct way to achieve my goal". That's why he used Ventus and Vanitas instead.

If I were Nomura, I would make the final bosses more difficult than the rest of the games. Not impossible, but forcing us to work for it.

That young body was Terra. Yes, he could have created thirteen darknesses and capture seven lights, but remember, he wanted the X-blade immediately and started acting as he put it "rashly" and "lost sight of the correct way to achieve my goal". That's why he used Ventus and Vanitas instead.

If I were Nomura, I would make the final bosses more difficult than the rest of the games. Not impossible, but forcing us to work for it.

I don't mean as final bosses.....but as enemies

Capture his friends or turn them against him..........anything that a villain would do to mess up with the mind of the protagonist

Not just set there and shout darkness darkness darkness

And the whole acted rashly thing is a really poor excuse for him in terms of writing 

Cuz with a young body he has all the time in the world to do it as shown when he became Ansem's Apprentice

I don't mean as final bosses.....but as enemies

Capture his friends or turn them against him..........anything that a villain would do to mess up with the mind of the protagonist

Not just set there and shout darkness darkness darkness

And the whole acted rashly thing is a really poor excuse for him in terms of writing 

Cuz with a young body he has all the time in the world to do it as shown when he became Ansem's Apprentice

Oh yeah, that would be a good idea. We got a taste of Xehanort's darkness in BbS and what he did in HD3D so he has got to do more dark acts.

Well, wouldn't you start doing things you wouldn't do if there was something you have been obsessed with getting?

Oh yeah, that would be a good idea. We got a taste of Xehanort's darkness in BbS and what he did in HD3D so he has got to do more dark acts.

Well, wouldn't you start doing things you wouldn't do if there was something you have been obsessed with getting?

Well maybe but I'd make sure I get the real thing and not a bootleg nerfed version

And again if he knew the true method all along,why write Report Number VII as if fusing two hearts of light and dark is the only way when he knew the real way from his master(whom I'm assuming is Luxu)

Well maybe but I'd make sure I get the real thing and not a bootleg nerfed version

And again if he knew the true method all along,why write Report Number VII as if fusing two hearts of light and dark is the only way when he knew the real way from his master(whom I'm assuming is Luxu)

Absolutely and KH3 is the perfect title to do it.

Obsessions can be irrational can they not? Remember, even in KH, humans are imperfect there too.

Absolutely and KH3 is the perfect title to do it.

Obsessions can be irrational can they not? Remember, even in KH, humans are imperfect there too.

KH3 better explain firetrucking everything and leave no plot hole unexplained otherwise I'll lose my mind