Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Connected

[Spoilers] My thoughts about X Back Cover

So today I received my copy of 2.8. After i finished 0.2, I immediately started watching X Back Cover.

I was pretty excited about it because I really didn't understand the whole story of X. This was because I didn't follow the X website game and Unchained X didn't make it easier to understand it.

After I saw the credit roll, I was like. What !? This is it? I still don't know anything? Who is the Traitor? Why does Master of Master has te same Keyblade as Xehanort (And later passing it on to Luxu).

I still have the same questions after watching it. 

There was never really a traitor, it was all schemed up by MoM so that the events in the future can occur. MoM is the original wielder of the Keyblade Xehanort has, and he passes it down because he wants Luxu to go out and allow MoM (through the eye) to watch the future and see what occurs (and it looks like he succeeds as the book has all the events of the future). I think it was pretty straightforward from what I was able to watch.

There was never really a traitor, it was all schemed up by MoM so that the events in the future can occur. MoM is the original wielder of the Keyblade Xehanort has, and he passes it down because he wants Luxu to go out and allow MoM (through the eye) to watch the future and see what occurs (and it looks like he succeeds as the book has all the events of the future). I think it was pretty straightforward from what I was able to watch.

But there was the Nightmare. Wasn't explained whose Chirithy that was. So maybe there is a traitor...

But there was the Nightmare. Wasn't explained whose Chirithy that was. So maybe there is a traitor...

Yeah, that was MoM's doing.

He explained what a nightmare was and that whoever had one is bad an that they needed to be eliminated, so when he showed them the nightmare, they'd automatically assume it was one of them and that one of them was the traitor, like he planned to do.

Edited by Jake

He explained what a nightmare was and that whoever had one is bad an that they needed to be eliminated, so when he showed them the nightmare, they'd automatically assume it was one of them and that one of them was the traitor, like he planned to do.

But that means the Lost Page is fake. Also Gula mentions the traitor has the sigil. What sigil?

I also thought there is no traitor, I mean who got betrayed in the first place and how? They never mentioned that. But it's still a bit fishy xD

Maybe it's me but it felt that there is so much more to know of  the story. And what exactly has been betrayed?

Maybe it's me but it felt that there is so much more to know of  the story. And what exactly has been betrayed?

There wasn't really any betrayal . But if you wanna call somebody a traitor it was the MoM but not for the reasons that the Foretellers mention . And I guess the betrayed ones are the Foretellers themselves .

So today I received my copy of 2.8. After i finished 0.2, I immediately started watching X Back Cover.

I was pretty excited about it because I really didn't understand the whole story of X. This was because I didn't follow the X website game and Unchained X didn't make it easier to understand it.

After I saw the credit roll, I was like. What !? This is it? I still don't know anything? Who is the Traitor? Why does Master of Master has te same Keyblade as Xehanort (And later passing it on to Luxu).

I still have the same questions after watching it.

And this is why you should play or watch the games, no one said it would explain or show everything that happens in KHX or KHUX.

It's talked about in KHX, but KHUX hasn't caught up yet.

And this is why you should play or watch the games, no one said it would explain or show everything that happens in KHX or KHUX.

It's talked about in KHX, but KHUX hasn't caught up yet.

Oh right, completely forgot about that! But that still doesn't explain why the Lost Page exists... You also think there is no traitor?

While I certainly understand that Square doesn't want to spoil their entire UX storylines in just a movie, I, too, am kind of disappointed in the movie because it explains so little. I really hope we get some kind of a wrap up bundled with KH3 because otherwise, to hell with all compilations for the PS4 if another part of the story is still missing because it is only available for yet another console.

That being said, it could've at least really caught up with X/UX's story. Compared to Days and Coded, this was a really short glimpse and I think it's really kind of hard to follow without any knowledge about X at all (and again, this was the initial idea of the game compilations - to give everybody an idea of what is actually happening in the games). Ephemer seemed really out of place, you don't even understand who he is, why he's talking to Ava. They didn't even explain the context of Lux and bangles (? spelling?) and all that, something you truly can only understand if you played/watched the other games until a certain point. And that is unacceptable in my opinion. I know that this is called Back Cover and intends to explain what is happening behind the screens - but it should at least mention what is happening on the outside to give everything context.

The movie was great, enjoyable, but it lacks so, so much - as seen with the confusion here.

This is the final chapter prologue, it's meant to leave questions so that they can be answered in KH3. The story was very straightforward and really well written imo. Nomura did great here and this is coming from a so called 'KH hater'. If they answered everything then Unchained Chi season two would be pointless. It did end quite oddly but that's the point.

Oh right, completely forgot about that! But that still doesn't explain why the Lost Page exists... You also think there is no traitor?

The lost page says something about "the one who bears the sigil". So it would be the one who has that, but it could mean anything because remember MoM eye has seen everything up to a point, so he/the book could be talking about something that happens in their time or something that happens in the current time. KHUX will probably explain this in season 2 or it will be reviled in KH3.

While I certainly understand that Square doesn't want to spoil their entire UX storylines in just a movie, I, too, am kind of disappointed in the movie because it explains so little. I really hope we get some kind of a wrap up bundled with KH3 because otherwise, to hell with all compilations for the PS4 if another part of the story is still missing because it is only available for yet another console.

That being said, it could've at least really caught up with X/UX's story. Compared to Days and Coded, this was a really short glimpse and I think it's really kind of hard to follow without any knowledge about X at all (and again, this was the initial idea of the game compilations - to give everybody an idea of what is actually happening in the games). Ephemer seemed really out of place, you don't even understand who he is, why he's talking to Ava. They didn't even explain the context of Lux and bangles (? spelling?) and all that, something you truly can only understand if you played/watched the other games until a certain point. And that is unacceptable in my opinion. I know that this is called Back Cover and intends to explain what is happening behind the screens - but it should at least mention what is happening on the outside to give everything context.

The movie was great, enjoyable, but it lacks so, so much - as seen with the confusion here.

This is the problem that I saw when this was announced, people started thinking that all they would have to do is watch to movie and they would be good, but Nomura said over and over that this just shows what happened behind to scenes when your not around, so that basically means anything that happened when you were there won't be shown. They did explain the bangles and they gave the reason why everybody was so Lux thirsty at the end of KHX, because Gula wanted to summon KH and everybody else was trying to keep up. The gave a reason why all the Foretellers were acting how they were and that they were so unprepared and scared, which   lead to in-house fighting, which lead to the Keyblade war (And that the MoM left them hanging intentionally or not). The only reason that they showed scenes that you were shown before (Ava & Ephemer, Aced vs. Invi, etc.) was so you would have a time stamp of when this happened in correlation to what happened in KHX. Again, a lot of this stuff will be explain in KHUX or maybe even KH3 because if they showed you everything there would literally be no reason to play KHUX. 

I understand that they don't want to spoil anything that will happen in UX's season 2 or even KH3, that is not really my problem at all.

But this compilation is called "Final Chapter Prologue" and if they already went through the trouble to produce a movie to explain the background of the Foretellers (something they could have very well done in X and UX tbh), I don't understand why they can't explain a little more. Like I said, I don't expect a thorough report on UX, but I kind of expect the movie to be understandable on its own. Like the scene with Ephemer you mentioned, they could've given other, short scenes to give the whole movie more context, glimpses into the actual Keyblade war (like a few seconds showing all wielders fighting each other), stuff like that. Maybe they refrained from doing that because the actual Keyblade war has only been shown officially in Japan and not outside of it and they deem that to be too spoilery for UX, but it would've given the entire movie a more wholesome feeling.

As it is now, I would've actually preferred they finish UX beforehand and then make a good compilation movie out of it for the PS4, to intentionally leave it out so people can enjoy the game first and don't have to feel all over the place once again.

The thing is though, who bears the sigil? That is what it says in the Book of Prophecies that the traitor will bear the sigil. Also don't forget that the identity of the traitor is "the one unable to forgive this distastefulness, who thought of fate with pessimism and lost true strength... the one who will misread the truth and step into secrecy...". What about this? Edited by KingdomHearts3

When I heard it is the "one who bears the sigil" I thought of the recusant's sigil. The "x" the Organization members had in their names so Xemnas could keep an eye on them, and how Sora's 3D outfit had the X on his chest (allowing Xehanort to follow him). So I thought they were trying to say the Luxu was the traitor, as he has the X in his name. I assume he eventually did betray the MoM by opening the box, or doing something that went against the Book. 

But then again, the MoM praises Luxu because the mere existence of the Book of Prophecies shows that Luxu followed his mission, so I'm having a hard time picturing him as the traitor... :/ The X in his name is a possibility though.

I've watched all x and x back cover scenes and I'm still very confused. I have like a billion questions. Why is the MoM doing what he's doing? Whats in the box? Is there even a traitor or did the MoM set them up? What does Ephemer and Skuld have to do with the story? Who's chirithy was that nightmare chirithy? Where did the MoM disappear to? Also how does all this connect to kh3 aside from Luxu's keyblade? Wasn't x back cover supposed to answer more questions then create more? I hope these get answered by kh3.