Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Toominator

Kingdom Hearts website undergoes major changes to focus on PlayStation 4 titles

Update: The Xbox One logo has been added back to the Kingdom Hearts III website.

xboxone

As of January 23rd, 2017 the official Kingdom Hearts website went through a massive overhaul. The website now includes various links that seek to explain some of the lore of the series, as well as characters' roles and the many worlds that can be explored throughout the series. However, among these changes is the notable removal of the Xbox One icon on the Kingdom Hearts III section of the website. In the Worlds section of the website, it is also interesting to note that the logo used for Port Royal is the upcoming movie, Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. The area seen towards the end of Kingdom Hearts II and in the secret ending of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep has also been named "End of Sea". Thank you to Nathan Hatton for the tip!

xboxone

Port Royal

End Of Sea

Click here to view the article

This would be the second time this happened,it really can't just be a coincidence can it?

Well anyway not gonna say much more till more time passes as this could easily be a mistake again.

Edited by GroovingOnUp

Didn't this happend before a couple of months ago?

EDIT: it was once removed from the xbox store, but couple of days ago it returned.

Edited by Connected

That why should it be for Playstation only Microsoft doesn't deserve kingdom Hearts on there system like for real it's was born a ps2 two game now keep it on the Playstation platforms

The second game was a Nintendo exclusive for 3 years. Days is technically still a Nintendo exclusive, as is the definitive version of coded (the cutscene movies don't really count as games. No gameplay). The idea that KH SHOULD be on PlayStation only makes no sense to me.

That why should it be for Playstation only Microsoft doesn't deserve kingdom Hearts on there system like for real it's was born a ps2 two game now keep it on the Playstation platforms

It lost exclusivity to PlayStation with the second game ever released, though. It's not a PS-only series, ever since it really became a "series" it stopped being exclusive. Limiting the playerbase is completely pointless, letting more people play it is the ideal situation both for players and Square.

That's like saying that Final Fantasy should stay on Nintendo consoles because that's the console it was born on. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Anyway, if the XBONE version was scrapped, we will find out soon. Otherwise, it's a mistake.

Just a few moments ago, I looked at the KH website to see the lack of "Xbox One" for myself and took a moment to glance at the "worlds" section of the site. Note that this is not under Kingdom hearts 3 and is a generic section with worlds from all the games. The layout is as follows: Disney Movie logo if applicable, below that is the artwork for the world, and below that is the in-game name of the world (i.e. Little Mermaid, artwork, Atlantica)

While scrolling through, I noticed the Port Royal logo was different than expected. While port Royal in KH2 is loosely based off Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, the logo shown is actually for the 2017 movie, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales. It even uses the exact same logo print as the poster for the upcoming movie. While this is unlikely as the movies have not been as popular since the heyday back during KH2, the fact that it specifically shows the new logo can't be a coincidence, can it? Below are screenshots of the site and the logo, see it for yourself

Thoughts????

(I checked by the way, thats not the name of the theme park ride, those are simply called "Pirates of the Caribbean".)

post-37937-0-58759900-1485226202_thumb.png

post-37937-0-58839500-1485226237_thumb.png

If you didn't know, "End of Sea" is a world that's half in the Realm Between and half in the Realm of Darkness. The Dark Margin is a part of this world. According to the Director's Secret Report XIII, the Dark Margin is the tip of End of Sea. The ocean that's a part of End of Sea is the border between the Realm Between and the Realm of Darkness.

End of Sea has never been officially named "End of Sea", that's just what it was called in the KH2 game files, but the Kingdom Hearts website was just updated and has a new "worlds" section, and in this worlds section, End of Sea is listed as a world. It's nice to finally see End of Sea being recognized as an official world. It even has it's own world icon.

Edited by Elfdemon_

I may a having slight obsession with organizing things in a proper order, but I noticed that the SRK trio isn't aligned together like the TAV and MDG trios are. Like, Riku's away from Sora and Kairi and is squeezed in between MDG and TAV.

Edited by GGDude00

Ok with the whole Xbox thing people need to calm down first of all the website isn't even finished some of the worlds don't have what movie they are from on the top whole others do (from when I have seen the site I haven't seen it since I went back to work and can't see it again until I'm off) so te Xbox thing was a mistake just like it was when it happened months ago. If they were gonna cancel the Xbox version they would've announced it and not have be announced by not having the logo on a website it was just a small mistake nothing more no need to jump the gun right away.

THANK YOU TOOMINATOR, FOR THIS AWESOME BIT OF NEWS!!!!

PEOPLE, AREN'T YOU NOTICING SOMETHING!? PUT ASIDE YOUR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT THE XBOX ONE PORT, AND LOOK AT THE PORT ROYAL LOGO!!! THE FRICKIN FRACKIN PORT ROYAL LOGO!? WHY WOULD SQUARE AND DISNEY PUT THAT IN THERE IF PORT ROYAL HASN'T BEEN CONFIRMED YET!? DOES THIS MEAN THAT PORT ROYAL WILL RETURN IN KINGDOM HEARTS III!!!!???? I'VE DESPERATELY WANTED PIRATES BACK IN KH, AND THIS SEEMS TO BE EVIDENCE THAT WE MIGHT GET TO PARTNER UP WITH JACK SPARROW AGAIN! :D

SO MUCH HYPE!!!!!! X_X

So Port Royal returns?

My thoughts exactly! :')

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Oh wow, this is very interesting! I always thought the Dark Margin was strictly a part of the Realm Of Darkness, but it turns out it serves as the border for the Realm Between and the Realm Of Darkness!? That's so awesome! It's awesome that it's its own world! Gahhh, the hype continues to grow! :')