Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

A Possible 2018 Release Window For Kingdom Hearts III?

I don't understand why March 2018 is being perceived as too soon. Hasn't it already been in production for about two years? And it's barely 2017, it's still freaking January!

I'm pooling for either this December or somewhere between March 2018 and June 2018, possibly December 2018 but no later than that.

2019 is quite a stretch.  

Uh, this is sarcastic right? Because it's absolutely absurd. The game would be a waste of production time and funds if it were released unfinished as it would be a failure.  

Well you have to take into consideration that KH3 is going to be a huge game, possibly even larger than KH2, so it's going to take a while to make sure everything's running and working perfectly. There's already been a few bugs with 2.8, so it'd be best if they took the extra time to sort out any minor glitches or errors

That being said, I'm also hoping for it to be released sometime next year. Early January 2019 is about as far as I'm willing to wait patiently  :P

I don't understand why March 2018 is being perceived as too soon. Hasn't it already been in production for about two years? And it's barely 2017, it's still freaking January!

I'm pooling for either this December or somewhere between March 2018 and June 2018, possibly December 2018 but no later than that.

2019 is quite a stretch.  

Indeed, that's what I think, too! This year will be their year to put in all their resources and finish up the game and polish it to perfection, then revealing a release date for next year! It's quite plausible, ya know?

Correct, the game has been in development for roughly 3-4 years. The engine switch did not do much except a month to do it, and then they went back to it. They can get a lot done from now till March, heck, they can get a lot done this year, as you said, it is only January, this year has not even begun yet. I say we anticipate that Winter News coming soon and then we can go from there. 

Good God, yes!!!! The Winter announcements we've yet to get will probably answer some of our questions, and hopefully, we can get a clearer picture at how things are faring for Kingdom Hearts III's development!

I know the game won't really be perfect. Not a lot can disappoint me, I will enjoy the game regardless.

Nothing is perfect, and hey, even if the game is near perfection, there'll probably be one or two flaws here and there, but I'm gonna enjoy the hell out of the game! Obviously, I don't want an unfinished, rushed project, so I'm hoping Nomura and the gang do their best to make KHIII the best KH of all time! :3

Well untouched worlds could mayby finished in some months;

But yeh I see you're point.

Well, one can hope, but I'm not too sure. So until Nomura gives us more info on how the game's coming along, I'm gonna go with 2018 as the release year for KHIII!

I actually don't see it releasing before late 2018, especially after Nomura's last interview, before that, I would've optimistically said early to mid 2018. But now that we know that they haven't touched some of the worlds and it won't be released for a "while"... yeah I'm leaning towards late 2018. This would realistically leave them heaps of time to work on everything and start dropping new game footage/trailers starting on this year's E3 (hopefully). I know that there are high stakes, especially with some quite impatient fans, but I prefer it if they take a few months more and give us a finished game instead of having to drop patches all the time.

Just like the Venitas thing in the 0.2 trailer. It's no biggie and there's no shame in patching something like that and bugs can ALWAYS happen, but c'mon, Venitas having blue eyes was a major oversight. It happens, but I don't want them to accumulate a lot of little errors and bugs just so they can drop the game 3 months earlier (or even worse, cut parts of the game to rush to the ending so it releases earlier).

Well, whatever happens, let's just hope this year has plentiful Kingdom Hearts III news for us, since it is the 15th Anniversary of the series, after all!

Well you have to take into consideration that KH3 is going to be a huge game, possibly even larger than KH2, so it's going to take a while to make sure everything's running and working perfectly. There's already been a few bugs with 2.8, so it'd be best if they took the extra time to sort out any minor glitches or errors

That being said, I'm also hoping for it to be released sometime next year. Early January 2019 is about as far as I'm willing to wait patiently  :P

2019, I think, would be way too far, but even then, I'd be willing to wait!  Like I said, if I've waited ten years, I can wait an extra two! But I wanna be optimistic and hope 2018 is the year for KHIII! X3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Huger than KHII you say? Intriguing.

That does expand the capacity for bugs and of course, I would prefer a release with zero but I still believe mid-late 2018 is plausible.  

Huger than KHII you say? Intriguing.

That does expand the capacity for bugs and of course, I would prefer a release with zero but I still believe mid-late 2018 is plausible.  

Well, when Nomura said that he cut 0.2 out of Kingdom Hearts III because the game was already chock full of content, that can only mean the game is much longer than KHII, and that's exciting! :3

And well, I just hope they work out all the kinks so that the game comes out as bug free as possible! So let's hope for 2018 to be the release year! :D

Well, when Nomura said that he cut 0.2 out of Kingdom Hearts III because the game was already chock full of content, that can only mean the game is much longer than KHII, and that's exciting! :3

And well, I just hope they work out all the kinks so that the game comes out as bug free as possible! So let's hope for 2018 to be the release year! :D

Indeed, I've already been barely able to wait up to this point, I'd start rioting if it's still not out by 2019!

Sure the more time for me to obtain a PS4 the better but I'll settle for playing it on my stepdad's xbox. I've never played on an xbox before but I could figure it out. 

Indeed, I've already been barely able to wait up to this point, I'd start rioting if it's still not out by 2019!

Sure the more time for me to obtain a PS4 the better but I'll settle for playing it on my stepdad's xbox. I've never played on an xbox before but I could figure it out. 

Well, let's wait and see for what happens! Hopefully, we'll get news updates soon! :)

Don't know if its been mentioned but I'm taking a very optimistic stance on the release of III. Im hoping that it gets released either around the time FFXV was released last year or at the latest around when 2.8 was released this year. Again I'm actually hoping that its the Holiday season game of this year, but we'll have to wait and see sadly.

Honestly think about what needs to be covered in KH3

Cover most of the plot holes

Leave new questions

More worlds than KH2-open areas with NPCS to some degree, parkour elements, animations, boss battles, heartless

Saving Ventus

Saving Aqua

Saving Terra

Defeating all 13 darknesses

Bringing Roxas and Xion back 

Gummi ship levels

Customisation possibly

mission structuring

plot of every world

tying the KH3 story to Back Cover and UX

Final showdown in keyblade graveyard

providing closure 

secret ending

extra content, difficulty scaling for critical mode

AI will be more advanced

No assets to borrow from, KH3 is being made from scratch on an unfamiliar engine.

Voice acting and lip syncing

Adding more FF characters

original music

Osaka team have never made a mainline KH game

Nomura also working on FF7 remake

Sometime in 2019, March maybe. Late next year seems too early, but this list^ is based off of what was not in the 2015 footage and we haven't seen anything since December 2015, so wait until E3 for some type of new footage hopefully and then we can all make a better decision.

Edited by The 13th Kenpachi

Don't know if its been mentioned but I'm taking a very optimistic stance on the release of III. Im hoping that it gets released either around the time FFXV was released last year or at the latest around when 2.8 was released this year. Again I'm actually hoping that its the Holiday season game of this year, but we'll have to wait and see sadly.

Well, nothing is set in stone yet, friend! My eye's a little fuzzy, but I believe all of us will get to see the final chapter of my book play out soon! Probably by next year, is my best bet! We could be surprised, though! 

Honestly think about what needs to be covered in KH3

Cover most of the plot holes

Leave new questions

More worlds than KH2-open areas with NPCS to some degree, parkour elements, animations, boss battles, heartless

Saving Ventus

Saving Aqua

Saving Terra

Defeating all 13 darknesses

Bringing Roxas and Xion back 

Gummi ship levels

Customisation possibly

mission structuring

plot of every world

tying the KH3 story to Back Cover and UX

Final showdown in keyblade graveyard

providing closure 

secret ending

extra content, difficulty scaling for critical mode

AI will be more advanced

No assets to borrow from, KH3 is being made from scratch on an unfamiliar engine.

Voice acting and lip syncing

Adding more FF characters

original music

Osaka team have never made a mainline KH game

Nomura also working on FF7 remake

Sometime in 2019, March maybe. Late next year seems too early, but this list^ is based off of what was not in the 2015 footage and we haven't seen anything since December 2015, so wait until E3 for some type of new footage hopefully and then we can all make a better decision.

Hmm, that is a lot of ground to cover, Master Kenpachi!  So it's reasonable to assume that work on all of this will take some time still!  But, I'm hoping next year ushers in the final bit of my prophecy!  But hey, we'll see what happens this year! 

I think we will get a release window end March. This actually need to be happen at an event.

It may be even announced to release end this year.

Well, one can only hope, friend! We just have to remain vigilant and be on the lookout for whatever whispers emerge about the final chapter's release!

I think we will get a release window end March. This actually need to be happen at an event.

It may be even announced to release end this year.

Man, wouldn't that be grand? The next trailer we get, if it is in March, has a juicy release date. Bonus would be for it to release the end of this year.

Well, we'll just have to see. If anything, I just want the release date announced, haha.

Man, wouldn't that be grand? The next trailer we get, if it is in March, has a juicy release date. Bonus would be for it to release the end of this year.

Well, we'll just have to see. If anything, I just want the release date announced, haha.

Ah, to dream and be excited doesn't cost us anything, eh? So yes, I'm with you! It would be grand for this to happen! :)

God help me if it's a 2019 release.

By then, my prophecy would have already come to pass, but no one would have witnessed it yet! xD

If KH3 does come out in 2018, I hope its on July 13; to make it all symbolic ya know? It would also be on a Friday, so that would be perfect since its on the weekend!  Although, it would be unlucky Friday 13th... maybe that would be even more symbolic!

Actually, what week days do video games usually come out on?

If KH3 does come out in 2018, I hope its on July 13; to make it all symbolic ya know? It would also be on a Friday, so that would be perfect since its on the weekend!  Although, it would be unlucky Friday 13th... maybe that would be even more symbolic!

Actually, what week days do video games usually come out on?

Yes, I'm all up for symbolism, fellow Keyblade Wielder! Symbolism can be pretty clever when implemented well!

And to answer your question, I believe Tuesdays are the days that most games come out. At least, from what I've observed!

Yes, I'm all up for symbolism, fellow Keyblade Wielder! Symbolism can be pretty clever when implemented well!

And to answer your question, I believe Tuesdays are the days that most games come out. At least, from what I've observed!

Most KH games releases on Tuesday. If it comes this year I would give it those dates:

7/11/17

5/12/17

In 2018:

7/03/18

28/03/18