Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Riku21Terr

TV Shadowhunters Season 2

Season 2 has so far really gotten into the Parabati bond and it’s both pretty interesting and poignant. Especially in “Parabati Lost,” which is one of my favorite episodes of the series so far; it was really well done with its storytelling and execution, and as such worked very well as both a stand-alone story and as a piece of a larger over story.  This Season has also done a really good job with intertwining storylines and bringing them all together into a resolving conclusion that overall connects them, like what they did with

the ending of Season 2’s premiere, “This Guilty Blood”, with Clary and Simon coming across Jace while looking for Jocelyn, only to have Jocelyn show up and attempt to kill Jace

. It too was really well structured and executed, including its intercutting with

the rest of the Institute looking for Jace

So far, I see vast improvements over Season 1. Aside from being overall better structured, the show's exposition has gotten easier to follow, despite it and the structure and pacing still being a bit clunky at times. The special effects have become the best that I have ever seen in a TV show, at times being just as good or better than some that I have seen in movies or elsewhere, such as

Magnus’ Fire-Breathing Cobra from “A Door Into the Dark”

, which at times looked not only pretty realistic, but more believable than I would expect from a TV Show.

The acting has also overall gotten a lot better; I can tell that the actors are more confident in what they are doing and with that are more natural in their portrayals. Even some like Maxim Roy (Jocelyn) who are still a bit off at times have gotten better with each episode.