Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

2145czr.jpg

Fire Force (also known by its original title En En no Shōbōtai ("Fire Brigade of Flames")) is the newest manga series by Soul Eater creator Atsushi Okubo currently published by Kodansha and serialized in Weekly Shonen Magazine.

In a nutshell: "... set in a world where humans spontaneously ignite and turn into flaming demon-like creatures, a disease most feared and known by the name "Human Body Ignition Phenomenon". Enter Shinra Kusakabe, a boy with the ability to ignite at his own will, who joins the 8th Special Fire Brigade of Tokyo to fight the Flame Humans, achieve his goal of becoming a hero, and to uncover the truth behind his family's death."

And before you ask, no, I just don't like this manga because it involves fire powers, you f*cking racist.

Now I've been reading this since it first came out sometime in 2015, and personally, so far it hasn't grabbed me as much as Soul Eater did, but you know what, it's still Okubo, so if you like his style, this manga will interest you.

It's got fun characters, well drawn fight scenes, and it's even got a little bit of that dark, gothic/horror-ish element that Soul Eater, though not quite as much. There's also more of a focus on religion too, which is a little ironic for me given I'm agnostic, but hey, it doesn't really hamper my experience, and if you're into that, it'll just make yours even better. Hopefully.

So yeah, if you've read it, cool, let's get to discussin', if not, then I don't blame you because I feel like I'm the only one who's even heard of this outside the people that responded to the thread I made about it way way way back when.

Butseriouslypleaseletpeoplereadthiscuzidon'twannabeignoredandendupmakingthisthreadallfornaughtcomeonhumormealittleDX

Edited by Firaga Sensei

Oh, I remember that thread you made way back when!  That was back when Ohkubo was about to start work on this manga!  Wow, so Fire Force has been happening since 2015, huh? Wow, time flies!  So, you say it's pretty good, eh?  The premise definitely sounds intriguing!  Do you think there'll be an anime adaption with Bones studio taking the helm of animation, as they did with Soul Eater? (Bones did animate Soul Eater, right?)

Do you think there'll be an anime adaption with Bones studio taking the helm of animation, as they did with Soul Eater? (Bones did animate Soul Eater, right?)

(Yes they did)

I don't think so but as of now, the manga doesn't seem like its too popular to warrant any animation from any studio.