Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KingdomHearts3

Creepiest scene in the KH series

There are plenty of scenes in the series that give you the chills and leave images in your head after you stopped watching. What scene in the whole series do you find the creepiest to you?

I find the opening scene in 0.2 the creepiest of all. Every time I see it, I get chills.

It kinda weirded me out that Sora and Donald and some others would keep talking to Goofy even after he had already died at Hollow Bastion.

But then for a moment you'd see something that was like Goofy... but with something off about it... And then it would be gone...

Not exactly a scene, but going through Ursula's lair in KHI Atlantica always creeps me out because it literally looks like you're traveling into the maw of Satan. Not helping is the fact that the imagery is all dark and gnarly in comparison to the more tranquil setting design of the rest of the world.

Also there's the fact that the bottom of the crossroads lane leading to the save point as well as Ursula's main lair are all those little... things that Triton gets turned into in the movie and second game. They're just... moving around... watching you... silently praying that you will end their suffering even though even after you beat her in the main story, they're still there post-story wiggling around. It's just... ech.

There are plenty of scenes in the series that give you the chills and leave images in your head after you stopped watching. What scene in the whole series do you find the creepiest to you?

I find the opening scene in 0.2 the creepiest of all. Every time I see it, I get chills.

Wha....HOW? It shows messages of hope and symbolism in the BBS timeline. Yes, I know it's in the same timeline as DDD, but still.

To add onto my point: 

I found this page from the KH manga and even though I'm still not too big on the manga itself, I'll give it credit in that it added in this particular scene to the Atlantica story arc with... this...

25po64j.jpg

Seriously, for a young first time player at least, nightmare fuel.

Basically any CoM scene with Axel in it, simply because they jar so badly with my (admittedly biased) interpretation of him (KH2-onward) that I'm often of half a mind to split each incarnation as separate characters, even though I know that's not true. I hope they deal with this in KH3 tbh.

When the Master of Masters reveals his plan to Luxu and that creppy piano music plays .

I know, right? That was the moment I realized the Master wasn't just eccentric, he was downright insane

Basically any CoM scene with Axel in it, simply because they jar so badly with my (admittedly biased) interpretation of him (KH2-onward) that I'm often of half a mind to split each incarnation as separate characters, even though I know that's not true. I hope they deal with this in KH3 tbh.

They already dealt with it in Days, that game explains his shift in personality. Edited by Isamu Kuno

I have always chills when The cloaked figure shows up at Destiny Islands in the cave. gsdx_20110726203242.jpg

Frollo in DDD.

The phantom in Neverland is pretty creepy.

There's a lot of disturbing moments in Days

But the cloaked figure in the cave will always be a nightmare fuel of mine.

Edited by IwasBornAsVentus

I know, right? That was the moment I realized the Master wasn't just eccentric, he was downright insane

They already dealt with it in Days, that game explains his shift in personality.

Suffice to say I have issues with Days' handling of it...not that it's necessarily bad, but it just feels off.

Wha....HOW? It shows messages of hope and symbolism in the BBS timeline. Yes, I know it's in the same timeline as DDD, but still.

You must not have seen it because it has nothing to do with hope. Look it up on YouTube if you don't mind spoilers. You should find a video with all of 0.2's cutscenes. Just watch the first one.

For me, it comes down to two things:

1. Going through End of the World in KH1 creeps me out a little with its eerie music and its unsettling environments.
  2. The 6th Day in KH2 when not attacking enemies because there's no music and having all the NPC's gone makes it feel like I'm going through a ghost town.

You must not have seen it because it has nothing to do with hope. Look it up on YouTube if you don't mind spoilers. You should find a video with all of 0.2's cutscenes. Just watch the first one.

I've seen it and yes, it is a message of hope, lots of terrible things happen, but then something really good happens at the very end. That's how hope works, you go through really crappy stuff, but there's something good you can look forward to.

Edited by Isamu Kuno

I've seen it and yes, it is a message of hope, lots of terrible things happen, but then something really good happens at the very end. That's how hope works, you go through really crappy stuff, but there's something good you can look forward to.

Looking at it that way, I see where you're coming from, but looking at it face value, I still say it's one of the creepiest scenes of the entire series.

Seeing all those Keyblades lying around, watching all the hearts float up to Kingdom Hearts knowing those are the hearts of people, and then seeing the Master's eye in the Keyblade looking at the Keyblades lying in the ground just gives me the chills.