Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Copies of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue on shelves before release date in Germany, Italy & U.S.

A retail store in Germany has copies Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue already on the shelves for purchase, a whole week earlier than the worldwide release date set for January 24th, 2017. An image of the early copies out in the shelves has been provided thanks to Merilly and can be found below.

Posted Image

Update: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue was also found for sale early in Italy. Images can be found below thanks to Everglow!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Update: Reddit user Solredux was able to purchase an early copy of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in the United States, located in New York City.

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

Is it a good thing that [square enix] games are being released before their agreed date of sale?

I guess some people would argue that its not fair that japan should get their paws on the game first.

Something similar occured with FFXV too.

Is it a good thing that [square enix] games are being released before their agreed date of sale?

I guess some people would argue that its not fair that japan should get their paws on the game first.

I thought it was technically against the rules or something idk

It's a bad thing. The stores intentionally gone against the scheduled release. This basically means that Europe are bound to get delays for future Kingdom Hearts release akin to the Pokemon Sun and Moon releases.

This shouldn't happen.  Product displays are fine because you're letting consumers know of the new products releasing soon.  But, putting copies of the game on your shelves and selling them a full week before scheduled release is not a good idea.  

I don't mind the wait for all of this, despite how exciting all of the content is.  I STILL have to finish Aqua's story in BBS, the Final Episode, and the Secret Episode (if I can unlock it), all before KH 2.8 releases, hopefully.  Oh, and watch Re:Coded, if there's still time :tongue:

Man, I really wish now that I would have been caught up with the series, as far as completing games go.  I'm up to date (mostly) with the story, but finally being able to play KH 3D will really help me understand things better.

If I had known that I would not have used amazon nonetheless I think it wont be playable until the official release, correct me if I am wrong but dont use modern games a blocker that gets first removed on the day of release?

I've never heard of physical copies doing that to be honest. My friend and I are currently playing it and it works fine. The only thing would be if there were any major bugs, the patch would likely not be provided until the official release.

Needless to say, these things shouldn't happen but the retail store where I found it explicitly said that they're not the ones filling the shelves, even if it's their store. And the one who is responsible for that probably doesn't care either way.

I've never heard of physical copies doing that to be honest. My friend I are currently playing it and it works fine. The only thing would be if there were any major bugs, the patch would likely not be provided until the official release.

Needless to say, these things shouldn't happen but the retail store where I found it explicitly said that they're not the ones filling the shelves, even if it's their store. And the one who is responsible for that probably doesn't care either way.

Which store? Today I have gone to the next Saturn & Gamestop but no 2.8 :(

Which store? Today I have gone to the next Saturn & Gamestop but no 2.8 :(

Amazingly, it is real,- who has it in quite a lot of stores apparently. (Despite them usually lagging behind.) I heard from a friend in Langenfeld that they have it and my copy is from Flensburg.

yeah just bought the 2,.8 today and finished 0.2 10minutes ago.... well i dont want to spoiler so i wont say anything.
it was awesome at one side somehow  sobering at the other side.
Well u will see soon enough.