•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Will KH3 have a worldwide release? (Based on 2.8's release cycle)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 sagman12PC

sagman12PC
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:57 AM

So i was super excited to play 2.8 tomorrow until i found out that the 12th is the JP release date with NA/EU have to wait until the 24th. Why is this still a thing? FFXV released worldwide on the same date so why does KH always have this JP first NA later thing? Will they do this with KH3 too? 2 weeks isn't that bad but still its 2017 worldwide releases for big games like KH2.8 should be mandatory 

#2 Felixx

Felixx

My spoon is too big!

• 1,744 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

I would be more than just happy if it's only 2 weeks for KH3 xD But yeah, hopefully it will be on the same day. If SE wants that then we'll get it.

#3 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

I think the 2.8 delay made the worldwide release too far apart but I'm glad they are learning and slowly making it

But yeah I think KH3 will definitely have one

#4 KingdomHearts3

KingdomHearts3

From the beginning...

• 4,337 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

I would love it if it happened, but I think with HD2.8, it's a step closer toward a worldwide release.

#5 KH4Real

KH4Real
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:09 PM

It is very likely FFXV and 2.8 got both worldwide release.

#6 Isamu Kuno

Isamu Kuno
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:40 PM

It is very likely FFXV and 2.8 got both worldwide release.

He means same-day release, that is not the case with 2.8

But yeah in fact I think they could have done a same-day release but figured that it would be better for KH3 to be the first simultaneous worldwide KH release since it's such a major and much more highly anticipated title.

Edited by Isamu Kuno, 11 January 2017 - 12:42 PM.

#7 KH4Real

KH4Real
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

He means same-day release, that is not the case with 2.8

But yeah in fact I think they could have done a same-day release but figured that it would be better for KH3 to be the first simultaneous worldwide KH release since it's such a major and much more highly anticipated title.

I won't count on it for the same day. KH3 will be very big compared to 2.8.

So we may have lucky if it just a few weeks away.

#8 Isamu Kuno

Isamu Kuno
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:00 PM

I won't count on it for the same day. KH3 will be very big compared to 2.8.

So we may have lucky if it just a few weeks away.

The size of a game is no longer a hindrence to worldwde releases, look at FFXV, granted it was kind of a mess, but it was still a masssive game in terms of data size and was still able to release the same day worldwide. And lojng as they work on the Japanese and international versions side-by-side, which they did for FFXV and which we already know they're doing for KH3, they can make a same-day release.

Edited by Isamu Kuno, 11 January 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#9 KH4Real

KH4Real
  • 3,185 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:11 PM

The size of a game is no longer a hindrence to worldwde releases, look at FFXV, granted it was kind of a mess, but it was still a masssive game in terms of data size and was still able to release the same day worldwide. And lojng as they work on the Japanese and international versions side-by-side, which they did for FFXV and which we already know they're doing for KH3, they can make a same-day release.

Well yeah 2.8 is still a few weeks off. It has todo something with Kingdom Hearts;

#10 Isamu Kuno

Isamu Kuno
  • 4,098 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Well yeah 2.8 is still a few weeks off. It has todo something with Kingdom Hearts;

Like I said, I'm pretty sure they could have released 2.8 worldwide today. They simply chose not to because they know doing it for the first time with KH3 will make a bigger impact. So, yes, I suppose you could say that it has something to do with KH, but only in so far as that 2.8 is not KH3. It wouldn't be the first time marketing affected the release. Hell, it was pretty much confirmed that the only reason 2.8 was deleayed in the first place is because FFXV was deleayed and they wanted to give 2.8 some breathing room.