Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Kingdomhe

Re: when do you think KH3 will release?

when do you think KH3 will release now?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. when do you think KH3 will release now?

• 2018?
    • 2019?
    • 2020?
    • 2021?
    • 2022?
    • longer than FFXV
    • canceled

Probably 2018, since from the sound of it, since they've promised so much news for the game this year. But knowing Square Enix, it's not too unlikely that they'll back out on those promises. Ultimately, I'm just relieved that Square Enix is giving the team time to complete the game, instead of cutting them off too early. And I'm also glad that they went ahead and announced that it won't come out this year for clarity.

Edited by A Heartless Nobody

they'll shoot for 2018 but it'll get pushed back to 2019 i'm sure.

2017 was just some crazy wishful thinking. 

Was it crazy? 4 years of development is reasonable, but considering they probably restarted from scratch in 2014, I guess an extra year or two is cool  :)

Edited by PrinceNoctis

I remember back when I got a ton of nasty responses for saying that it wouldn't come in 2015... Here we are now. At this point, I'm predicting late 2018-early 2019.

Cancelled, after hearing all the fans bitch and moan about "WHERE'S KH3 I WANT KH3 IT'S BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT FOR 10 YEARS HOW IS THIS HARD" Square Enix decided to pull a Half-Life 3 and just stop working on it entirely without ever announcing it's cancellation.

Don't say that, Half Life-3 is still in development...

76074_6Vlydnuswu_tumblr_mp027iufaq1rdrra

For now, Autumn/Winter 2018 sounds good, maybe early 2019. 2017 was unlikely from the start because even without the interview, we just have to look at how much of 3 we have actually seen. Which wasn't much to begin with. As I mentioned somewhere before, the Big Hero 6 world was announced in August 2015 and we have yet to see anything of that. Additionally, we haven't gotten too much in 2016 and the list goes on. Then the problems with the engine, which have also been more than apparent without interviews confirming them. 2017 never sounded like they would manage it unless they were planning on publishing an unfinished game.

However, anything beyond 2019 would make me wonder what they have been doing all this time. I'm very patient and I rather have quality over quantity, but since 2017 has just started, a release toward the end of 2019 would mean 3 additional years of development. Quality is great, but if it becomes a financial disaster for them... well, not so much. In all accounts, we hardly need another FFXV. Same goes for the remake since it will be episodic.

Another factor would be that Kingdom Hearts is supposed to continue after 3. If they take 7+ years for every game, we'll be sixty by the time the next saga ends.

my guess is 2018. A lot of places are even saying this year, which may not be impossible considering we've seen like nothing for 2 years, but I wouldn't bet on it.

The reason this poll was made was because he spoke with Famitsu today and told them that the game is a while off, and that certain worlds haven't even been made yet. 

Hehe I still think 2017. My guess is November.

Look at the Famitsu interview from today, he said KH3 is a while off.

The reason this poll was made was because he spoke with Famitsu today and told them that the game is a while off, and that certain worlds haven't even been made yet. 

Look at the Famitsu interview from today, he said KH3 is a while off.

We can't read it it is small and in Japanese..

Hm well It should take same time as FFXV.

We can't read it it is small and in Japanese..

Hm well It should take same time as FFXV.

http://www.novacrystallis.com/2017/01/final-fantasy-vii-remake-kingdom-hearts-iii-still-ways-off/

What’s the state of Kingdom Hearts III‘s development?

“While I can’t make a sweeping statement because the development process is different from what we’ve done so far, there are still worlds untouched. Production is progressing on unannounced worlds, in a state that we cannot show them off. In terms of the state of development, there is still some way to go.”