•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo
TV

Star Wars Rebels Season 3 Mid-Season Trailer! :')

TV

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 palizinhas

palizinhas
  • 228 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

There are actually three Rebels references in Rogue One!

Spoiler

It's awesome.

And Rebels is two years away from ANH right now. Season 1 goes from 5 years to 4, season 2 from 4 years to 3, there is a timeskip between seasons 2 and 3 cause season three to start 2 and a half years from ANH, and it's been a bit over half a season since.

Edited by palizinhas, 17 January 2017 - 08:49 PM.

#22 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Lingering Sentiment!"

• 11,550 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

There are actually three Rebels references in Rogue One!

Spoiler

It's awesome.

And Rebels is two years away from ANH right now. Season 1 goes from 5 years to 4, season 2 from 4 years to 3, there is a timeskip between seasons 2 and 3 cause season three to start 2 and a half years from ANH, and it's been a bit over half a season since.

Oh yeah, I heard about two of those three references, but I didn't notice them, sadly, though I did catch the certain name reference! I definitely geeked out at that! It's awesome how Rouge One weaves Rebels into it as well! :3

Ah, so do you think that by the end of Season 3, there'll be another timeskip to fall in place with that of the Battle Of Scarif? Or do you think that will happen in Season 4? :O

#23 VisitJoan

VisitJoan

I don't roll with the punches, I punch back

• 3,745 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 03:48 PM

Actually, Rebels is what turned me into a Star Wars fan. I'm not a huge fan of movies - I usually tend to think they are too short - so I watched all the SW ones once back when I was younger because I loved TCW, but I never felt such a huge connection between TCW and the movies. They shared characters, but the characters in the show were so much more nuanced than in the movies (never let anyone believe I don't like Jar Jar, for one. He's great and he has saved everyone multiple times) that the experiences were very different for me.

But when season 1 of Rebels ended, it just tied so much to me in terms of enjoyment of the movies. Like, the whole season did this, but the final episode of season 1 in particular, with Tarkin, and teasing Vader, made me want to watch the movies again, so when I did that, it surprised me how much more I enjoyed them (especially TPM and ANH, because they are basically everything I like in a TV show wrapped in about two hours. TFA is the same. I guess I just REALLY like the first movie in each trilogy) after all my years of TCW (as opposed to a season when I saw the movies for the first time) and now Rebels.

So I'm just SO much more interested in how everything connects to each other, and it helps that Rebels FEELS like it's part of both the TCW universe and the movies universe, while I always felt TCW and the movies were a bit more separate? Everything is so tied together now.

Which to say. Rebels is great and I can't wait to see the big Rebellion attack later this season, even if I think it's gonna be foiled by Thrawn.

This. It's pretty much the same for me. I've seen the Movies and enjoyed watching them, but I never really got super into to them. I should probably try watching them again and see how much better I pay attention. Anyway, I think it's probably because I like the characters better in Rebels than in the main movies. And FINALLY someone else who likes Jar Jar!! I can't dislike someone who made me laugh as much as he did.

#24 palizinhas

palizinhas
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

Oh yeah, I heard about two of those three references, but I didn't notice them, sadly, though I did catch the certain name reference! I definitely geeked out at that! It's awesome how Rouge One weaves Rebels into it as well! :3

Ah, so do you think that by the end of Season 3, there'll be another timeskip to fall in place with that of the Battle Of Scarif? Or do you think that will happen in Season 4? :O

This season has the Mandalore thing, thr Lothal attack and the Kenobi-Maul stuff to go through. I'd expect Scarif next season, honestly.

Also, Trials of the Darksaber is one of the best things I have ever watched. What a masterpiece of storytelling.

#25 The Transcendent Key

The Transcendent Key

"The Lingering Sentiment!"

• 11,550 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:45 PM

This. It's pretty much the same for me. I've seen the Movies and enjoyed watching them, but I never really got super into to them. I should probably try watching them again and see how much better I pay attention. Anyway, I think it's probably because I like the characters better in Rebels than in the main movies. And FINALLY someone else who likes Jar Jar!! I can't dislike someone who made me laugh as much as he did.

It's cool that you've had your experience with the Star Wars franchise! The best thing about this Universe is that you can get into it via the movies or the TV shows, or the books! Whatever way you invest yourself in this universe, it pulls you in, ya know?

And lol, Jar Jar is the true Sith lord! xD

This season has the Mandalore thing, thr Lothal attack and the Kenobi-Maul stuff to go through. I'd expect Scarif next season, honestly.

Also, Trials of the Darksaber is one of the best things I have ever watched. What a masterpiece of storytelling.

Hmm, you're right! With that much content to go through, it's logical that Scarif happens next season, then!

Ah, Trials Of The Darksaber! I need to get to watching that Episode! And hearing you say it's such a good Episode will make me want to watch it more! X3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV