Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The 13th Kenpachi

Rumour-Dissidia Versus to launch March 2017 on console

https://rashbandicoot.com/2016/12/28/report-final-fantasy-dissidia-versus-launching-in-march-on-consoles/

The arcade version barely has any characters compared to the original two. Unless they start making you pay for characters and maps this is fake. The arcade version is barebones as hell, no way this is coming to console in two months for full price.

If they do release it this year, I doubt it's the arcade content alone. If it is, they probably won't release it at full price.

EDIT: I said next year when I meant this year. Mind's still stuck in 2016 I guess xD

Edited by MythrilMagician

Dissidia Versus seems like a really boring name for the game... Might as well make a "Street Fighter Versus" or something like that. It's a fighting game, "Versus" just seems kind of redundant. It's also too simple for a name by Square. The lack of anything in the arcade version still and the super short notice on this (3 months to go and no proper announcement?) also make it seem fake.

https://rashbandicoot.com/2016/12/28/report-final-fantasy-dissidia-versus-launching-in-march-on-consoles/

The arcade version barely has any characters compared to the original two. Unless they start making you pay for characters and maps this is fake. The arcade version is barebones as hell, no way this is coming to console in two months for full price.

They probably won't do a console version until at least a substantial amount of characters and stages are released to justify the 60$ purchase

I highly doubt this is true.

If the FF15 leaks have taught me anything, it's to never discount potential leaks entirely. You've every right to be suspicious, but always entertain the possibility that they might be true.

Yeah, it's probably not true. I read the article's source and there was a part that said, and I quote, "All the Mario McDonalds Toys in Japan will come to the USA in March for the Nintendo Switch launch in NA. They will also have a sweepstakes at McDonalds where you can win a Nintendo Switch and select games."

Edited by A Heartless Nobody

They probably won't do a console version until at least a substantial amount of characters and stages are released to justify the 60$ purchase

So at this rate, we'll be waiting until the PS5 is out... They're really taking their time adding new content to this game.

So at this rate, we'll be waiting until the PS5 is out... They're really taking their time adding new content to this game.

Well it's either that,or have the same situation as Street Fighter 5 or end up with the exact same roster as the first two games

Well it's either that,or have the same situation as Street Fighter 5 or end up with the exact same roster as the first two games

I know, but it's kind of hard for them to keep hype up for this game when every few months, we just get a trailer for a character who's been in for the start. This was announced what, two years ago now? I absolutely understand that game development takes a lot of time, but a game like Smash 4 had very frequent updates on new characters and features from its announcement all the way up through its release. It's tough to remember this game exists when new characters are rarely ever shown (and, if I remember correctly, there have only been three new characters shown in total). This seems to be a trend with a lot of Square's major releases lately: do one big reveal, and then go silent for a really long time before releasing a short trailer. It's really starting to get tiring at this point.

I know, but it's kind of hard for them to keep hype up for this game when every few months, we just get a trailer for a character who's been in for the start. This was announced what, two years ago now? I absolutely understand that game development takes a lot of time, but a game like Smash 4 had very frequent updates on new characters and features from its announcement all the way up through its release. It's tough to remember this game exists when new characters are rarely ever shown (and, if I remember correctly, there have only been three new characters shown in total). This seems to be a trend with a lot of Square's major releases lately: do one big reveal, and then go silent for a really long time before releasing a short trailer. It's really starting to get tiring at this point.

Well unlike Smash this project doesn't feel like it had a long term plan for a console release

Which is why I feel this Dissidia might stay Arcade exclusive for a long time cuz otherwise,if you release the game in the state it's in now it'll flop so hard

I love Street Fighter 5 but my god that game was so barebone on launch.

Well unlike Smash this project doesn't feel like it had a long term plan for a console release

Which is why I feel this Dissidia might stay Arcade exclusive for a long time cuz otherwise,if you release the game in the state it's in now it'll flop so hard

I love Street Fighter 5 but my god that game was so barebone on launch.

That's true. Even then, it'd be nice to see new characters even if it's just for arcade. That way, a console announcement would be even more exciting. They said they wanted at least 50 characters, but we've only seen 3 new characters and not even the full lineup of the original game. I think they could have spent more time working on the game before they announced it, that way it could at least have everyone from the first Dissidia at launch.

Well, I'm all in for another Dissidia game, but I want the game to be a total package, not an incomplete shell! The first two Dissidia games, particularly Dissidia 012, were crammed with content, and that's what made the games so entertaining!  They had an awesome roster of fighters, a story mode, multiplayer, and lots of other side goodies! So if Square hopes to make money with this new Dissidia on consoles, they should definitely add more characters and stages and modes and whatnot, otherwise, the game will not sell well! :O

Edited by The Transcendent Key

That's true. Even then, it'd be nice to see new characters even if it's just for arcade. That way, a console announcement would be even more exciting. They said they wanted at least 50 characters, but we've only seen 3 new characters and not even the full lineup of the original game. I think they could have spent more time working on the game before they announced it, that way it could at least have everyone from the first Dissidia at launch.

The game is a reboot. It's not a sequel to the others or a new entry. You may get Noctis but that's probably it.

The game is a reboot. It's not a sequel to the others or a new entry. You may get Noctis but that's probably it.

Even if it's a reboot, its a game built on similar hardware to the PS4 while the original two were on the PSP. They also said that the full game would have at least 50 characters. Being a reboot isn't an excuse to have less content than a PSP game released years ago.