Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
thatkingdomheartsguy

KH1.5 Review from a first time player

What a very insightful review coming from a first time player. New fans are always welcomed (especially the ones who dabble with the "side games"). I personally would recommend you getting Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix for the PS4 so that all the Kingdom Hearts game are on a singular console, however, if you want to play Kingdom Hearts 2.5 then by all means, go for it.

Quick warning about 2.5, because it has far more content than 1.5, it's more likely to load slower and glitch on you quicker. Take note of that before playing the game.

Re:CoM was apparently highly controversial on whether it's good or bad, and I can see why; it's so vastly different from the very first game that I was taken by surprise at first. What are all these cards doing here? What's with Sora's voice? wtf is happening man

HAHAHAHA Best part of the review 

anyways great review, super interesting to see how a first time player feels about kh!

Edited by LostArtis

What a very insightful review coming from a first time player. New fans are always welcomed (especially the ones who dabble with the "side games"). I personally would recommend you getting Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix for the PS4 so that all the Kingdom Hearts game are on a singular console, however, if you want to play Kingdom Hearts 2.5 then by all means, go for it.

Quick warning about 2.5, because it has far more content than 1.5, it's more likely to load slower and glitch on you quicker. Take note of that before playing the game.

Yeah, I've been told I'm a very "analytical" gamer by others too. I  dunno, I tend to pay attention to small gameplay elements that add to the overall experience. Also yeah, I've heard about the 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 Remix, but considering I don't have a PS4 (yet), I wanted to play these games first :P

I've heard about 2.5's glitchiness and load times, so I won't put that against the game since I'm playing it for the original KH2 experience, except with better graphics. If it does affect me at all though, I might mention it in a review later :)

Yeah, I've been told I'm a very "analytical" gamer by others too. I  dunno, I tend to pay attention to small gameplay elements that add to the overall experience. Also yeah, I've heard about the 1.5 and 2.5 PS4 Remix, but considering I don't have a PS4 (yet), I wanted to play these games first :P

I've heard about 2.5's glitchiness and load times, so I won't put that against the game since I'm playing it for the original KH2 experience, except with better graphics. If it does affect me at all though, I might mention it in a review later :)

I'm genuinely looking forward to the review. Honestly, seeing a newcomer delve into the Kingdom Hearts franchise is always fascinating to me, because, the franchise changes direction every year. Keep being analytical, it means that you're making the most of out of the content you're consuming.

From a gameplay and content perspective, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix is the more favourable one because Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep are often the most praised entries. Without going into spoiler territory, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is a prequel to Kingdom Hearts that features three original characters to play, Aqua, Terra and Ventus. They all have their own stories and the Disney worlds in Birth by Sleep are new entries.

If you're going to play Birth by Sleep, select Terra then Ventus then Aqua if you want the canon order of events (though it isn't a detriment if you don't go with that order).  :wink:

I think that the 1.5 Collection was handled really well overall, considering that one of the games is from so long ago (2002).  I do not remember encountering any major issues in either of the games or the "movie", though the camera in KH1 Final Mix did act wonky from time to time.

If anything, I was so thrilled to FINALLY be able to play the Final Mix version, as I had never had the opportunity to play that on PS2.  Some great, quality content was added to the first game, especially those new combat abilities.  The entirely new "mini-boss" Heartless were really cool, too, although some were just recolors.