Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
soraspromise

Nomura hints at customization being a possible element in Kingdom Hearts III during interview with Dengeki

In an extended version of Dengeki PlayStation's interview with Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura, the question was asked of whether or not Kingdom Hearts III would also have customization as a game feature.

Tetsuya Nomura answered that it would be considered depending on the reaction towards the feature in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- as well as the consideration of whether or not they have the time to implement it.

You can find the direct quote from the interview below, with translations thanks to Catherine Mueller (nichiei.translations@gmail.com).

--The character decoration is the first in the series and is a novel component.

I thought that we needed something fun to play around with even in with the game's jam-packed volume, so the staff devised this at the last minute for me. It really changes the character's look, so please gather a lot of items and design your own Aqua.

--Will you use the decoration feature in [KHIII]?

We knew we could insert that feature into the game this time, but whether or not we can with [KHIII]...we have other priorities ahead of us so it depends on time, but we'll look at the reaction with [KH0.2] and consider it.

Would you like to see customization in Kingdom Hearts III? Let us know in the comments!

Click here to view the article

Except, any customization will go right out the window while Sora is in a Drive Form, since they each have their own color palate and design.

Maybe it won't and only the color will change according.

Stop limiting the scale of this game's potential, Kuno

Maybe I'll finally be able to fulfill my dream of making Donald Duck wear pants!

We've had enough censorship in this franchise. Let the duck hang loose.

But we've already seen that it does. Guard Form has diamonds and Power Form has camo

You know, customization goes beyond clothing options. Maybe I want to give Sora Mickey Mouse ears, did you ever think of that?

Yes!!! I've wanted this for ages and now it's got like a 95% chance of happening. If he's putting it in 0.2 he's not going to leave it out of KH3.

GIVE ME MICKEY COSTUME

ORIGINAL LION SORA COSTUME

KH1 OUTFIT

CLOUD FF7 OUTFIT

SQUALL'S ORIGINAL OUTFIT

TIDUS OUTFIT

SEPHIROTH's WINGSSSS

Oh, this could also mean that armour and accessories may show up on Sora's body when equipped!

Anyway, this is hella neat!!!!! I want to run around in a purple outfit with Mickey Mouse Ears AND Sephiroth wings!!!!!!!' Gah this is exciting

We've had enough censorship in this franchise. Let the duck hang loose.

You know, customization goes beyond clothing options. Maybe I want to give Sora Mickey Mouse ears, did you ever think of that?

Yeah that would be great but although I think only change outfits would be better like in FFXV.

Let's keep it simple and clean :).

Edited by KH4Real

From what I gathered, Nomura seems to be saying, "If the reception is good for 0.2 then we'll do it for Kingdom Hearts III". Which basically means, it will happen.

Yes!!! I've wanted this for ages and now it's got like a 95% chance of happening. If he's putting it in 0.2 he's not going to leave it out of KH3.

GIVE ME MICKEY COSTUME

ORIGINAL LION SORA COSTUME

KH1 OUTFIT

CLOUD FF7 OUTFIT

SQUALL'S ORIGINAL OUTFIT

TIDUS OUTFIT

SEPHIROTH's WINGSSSS

Oh, this could also mean that armour and accessories may show up on Sora's body when equipped!

Anyway, this is hella neat!!!!! I want to run around in a purple outfit with Mickey Mouse Ears AND Sephiroth wings!!!!!!!' Gah this is exciting

Give me shirtless Sora 

Give me Sora with swimming trunks

Give me Riku in a Winnie the Pooh costume

GO ALL OUT THE SKY IS THE LIMIT DAMMIT xD

I hope they bring it into KH3, that would be a fun little extra feature to have, though I may just keep Sora and any other characters we might play as in their main outfit for canon events. But yeah, I hope they have time to implement it well, though I'd rather make sure that we're getting multiple playable characters first or not.

I don't think we would be able to customize the Disney characters besides DG and maybe Mickey if they extended it to party members, but having that feature would be fun, even if I wouldn't use it even if I did wind up being able to play the game.