Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Remember Back When We Thought This Was Kingdom Hearts III? :)

Hey everyone, how's it going? So then, earlier today, I was listening to some Kingdom Hearts music, when I decided to look up Fate Of The Unknown! When I started hearing the song, I decided to watch Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix's secret movie, you know, the Birth By Sleep one?  And well, when I sat down to watch it, seeing that video really took me back! :D

It's amazing just how many years it's been since Birth By Sleep came out, huh? More nostalgic, though, is that way back when, at the time of this secret movie, we thought that this was going to be Kingdom Hearts III, and many fans thought it'd be called Kingdom Hearts III: The Keyblade Wars! I remember watching this video so many times, and it never got old for me, and it still never gets old!  And to think that this secret movie is 9 years old! The CG at work in this secret movie still holds up to this very day! Ah, memories!

What about all of you? Did you all also think that Birth By Sleep was Kingdom Hearts III? :)

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Back when I thought, Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) grew old and Sora Riku and Kairi grew up.

But then I saw Ventus, thinking that was Roxas, Aqua calling her "Blue haired lady", and Terra I was like: "WHO ARE THEY?! THEY AREN'T SORA, RIKU AND KAIRI?! WHO ARE THEY?!"

I got really confused. xD 

Then Birth By Sleep came, and it made perfect sense. xD

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

I didn't.

Mostly because I was never good enough to beat KH2 despite it's not-so-marginal difficulty gaps between modes because screw you, I was a kid and games were still really hard for me. ;_;

But even when I looked it up on the internet, I never thought that it was KHIII. By that point since it was easy to see that "Another Side, Another Story" wasn't necessarily KH2, just at the time a part of KH2 and then apart of the shortly canonized 358 Days, so the same should apply to this.

Plus, what's the idea of how this even fits into a hypothetical KH3? Who are these three Keyblade users? Who's the old guy? Who's the guy in black? Why are they fighting? Why does the short one look like Roxas? Why does the one with brown hair have Thriller eyes at the end?

I guarantee if this was KHIII and all of this was shoved in there as newly fabricated lore in the span of a single game, the amount of whining people have even now about lore placement and configuration would triple in size. That would indeed be the worst timeline.

Yea I remember seeing the original game's secret ending and thinking, kh3? riku sora kairi ?? then around the time fm came out and the secret ending, my brother found it on youtube (it was pretty bad quality lol, and it only had the song with the video, no sound effects). I was so confused and got a bit teary eyed lol, cause I was like 5th grade, I thought the roxas character died cause I couldn't see eye movement very well with the quality of the vid, and my god shimomura's music!!! I think I still thought of it as kh3 until all these screenshots of 358 and bbs came out/ and all these jump fiesta/tgs trailers were 'leaked.' 

Edited by LostArtis

yes, truly those were simpler times, indeed.

And back then, we thought this game would be for the PS2, or at the latest, for the PS3! Haha, simpler times indeed! But I love how much Kingdom Hearts has grown, and I can't wait to see just how much more it grows! :D

Back when I thought, Ansem (Xehanort's Heartless) grew old and Sora Riku and Kairi grew up.

But then I saw Ventus, thinking that was Roxas, Aqua calling her "Blue haired lady", and Terra I was like: "WHO ARE THEY?! THEY AREN'T SORA, RIKU AND KAIRI?! WHO ARE THEY?!"

I got really confused. xD 

Then Birth By Sleep came, and it made perfect sense. xD

Lmao, yeah, it was all really confusing at the time, and with all the cryptic messages and the dark tone of the secret ending, we were definitely left for quite a mystery with this secret movie! And well, when Birth By Sleep came, I loved it, and to this day, it remains one of my favorite entries in the KH series! :D

I remember getting into the series right around BBS's release and thinking how dark this looked compared to all the other entries.

I know, right? And I do believe Birth By Sleep is pretty dark, especially towards the ending!  Oh wow, so you've been a fan of the series since 2010, huh? That's pretty cool!

I didn't.

Mostly because I was never good enough to beat KH2 despite it's not-so-marginal difficulty gaps between modes because screw you, I was a kid and games were still really hard for me. ;_;

But even when I looked it up on the internet, I never thought that it was KHIII. By that point since it was easy to see that "Another Side, Another Story" wasn't necessarily KH2, just at the time a part of KH2 and then apart of the shortly canonized 358 Days, so the same should apply to this.

Plus, what's the idea of how this even fits into a hypothetical KH3? Who are these three Keyblade users? Who's the old guy? Who's the guy in black? Why are they fighting? Why does the short one look like Roxas? Why does the one with brown hair have Thriller eyes at the end?

I guarantee if this was KHIII and all of this was shoved in there as newly fabricated lore in the span of a single game, the amount of whining people have even now about lore placement and configuration would triple in size. That would indeed be the worst timeline.

Well, fortunately, Nomura worked out the kinks and designed Birth By Sleep as a prequel, which made more sense and provided some more world building for the Kingdom Hearts Universe as a whole!  Lol, I remember having unlocked the regular secret movie, and I was sad I couldn't unlock this one cuz I didn't have the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts II! But then, 2.5 came along, and I was finally able to unlock the secret movie on my own! :3

But yeah, Birth By Sleep! Such a good game! X_X

Oh my, yes I do and it seemed like no one got that until BbS came out.

And boy, am I glad Nomura released it, cuz it was such a great game! X_X

I remember watching it on G4's X-Play believing it was KHIII.

Haha, back in the day, we were all hungrily jumping at anything Kingdom Hearts, hoping it'd be Kingdom Hearts III! Ah, the memories! :')

Yea I remember seeing the original game's secret ending and thinking, kh3? riku sora kairi ?? then around the time fm came out and the secret ending, my brother found it on youtube (it was pretty bad quality lol, and it only had the song with the video, no sound effects). I was so confused and got a bit teary eyed lol, cause I was like 5th grade, I thought the roxas character died cause I couldn't see eye movement very well with the quality of the vid, and my god shimomura's music!!! I think I still thought of it as kh3 until all these screenshots of 358 and bbs came out/ and all these jump fiesta/tgs trailers were 'leaked.' 

Yeah, Yoko Shimomura definitely delivers power with her music, and it made the secret movie all the more enthralling!  Haha, yeah, I can imagine the confusion you had with the characters! I was also pretty confused myself! But hey, at least we got clarity when Nomura announced what was going to go down with the Kingdom Hearts series!

I also thought the same thing back then . But at that time I also believed that Xehanort's heartless was the real Ansem . Weird times .

Haha, weird, but nostalgic, eh? :)

I remember seeing this but I don't remember thinking it was KH3. It got me hella hyped tho

Haha, well, the hype paid off, I'm sure! Cuz it did for me! :D

Well Mickey is close for KH3 to what we see here.

Yeah, I know what you mean! The only difference is that the lighting and texturing for Mickey's CG model in 2.8 looks much more realistic! But yeah, I see what you mean!

Oh my goodness the memories!

I remember when my cousin and I saw this together and we were so confused xD

My cousin thought that Terra was and older Sora for a sec lol

I actually mistakened Aqua to be Riku but it's because I didn't see her chest lol KILL ME

And then we see Ven and we're both like "wHOA WHAT? ROXAS????"

And then Kingdom Hearts (the moon) appeared and we were just speechless xD

It was funny! I actually argued with my cousin on who their identities were!

But then BBS came and it cleared it all up :D

Oh my goodness the memories!

I remember when my cousin and I saw this together and we were so confused xD

My cousin thought that Terra was and older Sora for a sec lol

I actually mistakened Aqua to be Riku but it's because I didn't see her chest lol KILL ME

And then we see Ven and we're both like "wHOA WHAT? ROXAS????"

And then Kingdom Hearts (the moon) appeared and we were just speechless xD

It was funny! I actually argued with my cousin on who their identities were!

But then BBS came and it cleared it all up :D

Haha, yeah, that secret movie really did the job in terms of providing mystery and intrigue regarding where the Kingdom Hearts series was going next, and I really loved the tone of the secret movie in general!  Haha, and well, afterward, when Birth By Sleep came out, we were treated to a tragic tale which was infused with so many feels! X_X

Haha, yeah, that secret movie really did the job in terms of providing mystery and intrigue regarding where the Kingdom Hearts series was going next, and I really loved the tone of the secret movie in general!  Haha, and well, afterward, when Birth By Sleep came out, we were treated to a tragic tale which was infused with so many feels! X_X

Hooooyea the tone really kept you on the edge of your seat!

But yea when it came out it had no happy ending ; _______ ;

I remember this the first time I saw it 10 years ago I was kinda confused and remember seeing Roxas face and thought it was Kingdom Hearts 3 like everybody else I even thought that Terra was Zack from Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core for a moment but I had some doubt. Still miss those days when KH was more simple and clean and we didn't had time travel as a main plot

Hooooyea the tone really kept you on the edge of your seat!

But yea when it came out it had no happy ending ; _______ ;

Indeed, and that's why I love the game so much! Happy endings are too common! It's the dark and sad endings that get to you, and they're rare, ya know? The Kingdom Hearts series has had some pretty good dark endings, with I think Kingdom Hearts II actually being the only one to this day to have a happy-ish ending! :3

I remember this the first time I saw it 10 years ago I was kinda confused and remember seeing Roxas face and thought it was Kingdom Hearts 3 like everybody else I even thought that Terra was Zack from Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core for a moment but I had some doubt. Still miss those days when KH was more simple and clean and we didn't had time travel as a main plot

Lol, yeah, that was the big question back in the day!  Why is Roxas with those two other people?  Why is he being killed?  I bet a lot of questions like these circulated through our minds a lot!  And yeah, well, the KH series has come a long way! It's gotten so amazing! X3

Nah i didn't thought it was KH3. I did got so hyped because it looked so goddamn good. 

In the end is was so disappointing.

Hmm, I see! Lol, so you didn't like the game in the end, eh? That's okay, though! :3

Edited by The Transcendent Key

Indeed, and that's why I love the game so much! Happy endings are too common! It's the dark and sad endings that get to you, and they're rare, ya know? The Kingdom Hearts series has had some pretty good dark endings, with I think Kingdom Hearts II actually being the only one to this day to have a happy-ish ending! :3

Sweaaaar!! KH2 was the closest to a happy ending we've ever gotten :O 

It still makes me cry til this day xD

Hopefully by KH3, the ending is nothing else but lots of friendship hugs, crying, and reunions of everyone! <3

I remember seeing that as a kid. I also remember thinking Ventus was Sora (I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the hairstyle looked nothing like Sora's), Aqua was Riku, and for some reason I thought Terra was Leon. Nowadays I look back at that and think "wow, I was pretty stupid back then".

Sweaaaar!! KH2 was the closest to a happy ending we've ever gotten :O

It still makes me cry til this day xD

Hopefully by KH3, the ending is nothing else but lots of friendship hugs, crying, and reunions of everyone! <3

Lol, indeed. It is definitely feels worthy!  And I'm sure that Kingdom Hearts III will have a happy ending, since it is the end of the Xehanort Saga, after all! :3

I remember seeing that as a kid. I also remember thinking Ventus was Sora (I wasn't paying attention to the fact that the hairstyle looked nothing like Sora's), Aqua was Riku, and for some reason I thought Terra was Leon. Nowadays I look back at that and think "wow, I was pretty stupid back then".

Eraqueez! Oh, you poor soul, you've been the victim of IGN's mistaken spelling! xD

Lol, but seriously though, there's no need to say that, man! All of us were pretty clueless when that secret movie was revealed to us! Many questions were left, but we got them answered in time! :3