•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

Final Fantasy XV-Official Thread.

• Please log in to reply
290 replies to this topic

Have you been enjoying Final Fantasy XV?(30 members have cast votes)

1. YES! IT'S AMAZING! (22 votes [73.33%])

Percentage of vote: 73.33%

2. I like it, but I am not crazy about it. (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

3. It's okay. Nothing great nor bad about it. (3 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

4. Nope. I don't like it one bit. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. I haven't gotten it yet, but I will soon. (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

6. I won't be getting Final Fantasy XV. (1 votes [3.33%])

Percentage of vote: 3.33%

7. Another option? State below. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

To vote, please sign in or register.

#21 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:21 AM

From seeing the Versus trailer at 7 years old, to having the game come out tomorrow at 16 years and 11 months old. Wow.  

CdtOWw5.png

Here are the review scores so far. It's doing great! Not as good as FF13 did critically which I will leave after this, but the only opinion that matters is your own at the end of the day.

FF13

1UP.com A-

CVG 9.2/10

Edge 5/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Famitsu 39/40

Game Informer 9.25/10

GameSpot 8.5/10

GameSpy 4.5/5 

IGN 8.9/10

OPM (UK) 9/10

Play 7.9/10

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen, 28 November 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#22 KHLegendIII

KHLegendIII
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

From seeing the Versus trailer at 7 years old, to having the game come out tomorrow at 16 years and 11 months old. Wow.  

http://i.imgur.com/CdtOWw5.png...

Here are the review scores so far. It's doing great! Not as good as FF13 did critically which I will leave after this, but the only opinion that matters is your own at the end of the day.

FF13

1UP.com A-

CVG 9.2/10

Edge 5/10

Eurogamer 8/10

Famitsu 39/40

Game Informer 9.25/10

GameSpot 8.5/10

GameSpy 4.5/5 

IGN 8.9/10

OPM (UK) 9/10

Play 7.9/10

These scores are good enough, I can't wait to play the game.

#23 2 quid is good

2 quid is good

Felixx has a big spoon also Quid in KH3 confirmed

• 1,049 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

As a news update-The game is getting its own walkman

YOU SHITTING ME?!

Oyyy, the fact that I won't be able to play this until June at best is ruining me. I'll just watch kingsglaive over and over again.

#24 Kingdomhe

Kingdomhe

Edge of Ultima's master

• 2,378 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:22 PM

Ok, so I've kept this in long enough but here's my problem with the delay, if it was delayed because they were thinking of people that have terrible internet or maybe people who don't even have internet, then why is there going to be multiplayer DLC!! If you where going to put in the day one patch in the game then why not put the DLC in there as well because the same people that were going to have a hard time downloading the patch will have the same amount of trouble downloading the DLC as well. Plus, if they were going to leave out the DLC then they could have just left out the patch as well because ether way your going to have an unfinished game and then FF XV wouldn't have been delayed and the timing and meaning of the event, anime, and movie wouldn't have gone to waste. The Devs. were clearly doing something else besides the "reason" that they gave. It doesn't matter anymore though since the game is out/coming out tomorrow, but it's just something that I wanted to point out.

#25 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

Ok, so I've kept this in long enough but here's my problem with the delay, if it was delayed because they were thinking of people that have terrible internet or maybe people who don't even have internet, then why is there going to be multiplayer DLC!! If you where going to put in the day one patch in the game then why not put the DLC in there as well because the same people that were going to have a hard time downloading the patch will have the same amount of trouble downloading the DLC as well. Plus, if they were going to leave out the DLC then they could have just left out the patch as well because ether way your going to have an unfinished game and then FF XV wouldn't have been delayed and the timing and meaning of the event, anime, and movie wouldn't have gone to waste. The Devs. were clearly doing something else besides the "reason" that they gave. It doesn't matter anymore though since the game is out/coming out tomorrow, but it's just something that I wanted to point out.

The delay was implemented to put the day 1 one patch that the game had on September 30th into the original game.

Over half the world has no internet, 4.2 billion people. The people who don't have internet can miss out on multiplayer since that is completely unnecessary for the full experience whilst the patch was needed to fix issues. In addition, I don't think the timing of the movie and anime went to waste that much since the hype is more alive than ever, not to mention Brotherhood is getting 1 more episode (either today or tomorrow) and they released a new demo on the 11th. 

Overall I think the delay was a very good idea, the frame rate is far more stable than earlier builds according to most people. If they can make a game as good looking as that run at a stable 30fps on an Xbox One for 90% of the time, then that's impressive.

I do see where you are coming from, but 2 months wasn't that bad and it all worked out in the end.

These scores are good enough, I can't wait to play the game.

Same here, looking at those scores for FF13 I was shocked, I expected more 4's 5's and 6's since most people hated the game. 

Expanding on the soda/elixir thing. Showing proof of purchasing the game at a Target store, you will receive 1 bottle of Wiz's Energising Elixir. It's orange and cream soda.

During the last livestream before the game they showed off the Mystery Disc demo which is basically one giant party in Altissia-skip to 2 hours 50 minutes-Noctis is beating fat Prompto with a hammer........ What happened to serious Sasuke Noctis who wanted to kill everyone xD xD xD

At about 2 hours 57 you can see all the fanart done by fans, inside the real game which just blows my mind. They really do care about the fans xD

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen, 28 November 2016 - 02:48 PM.

#26 Yusaku Fujicookie

Yusaku Fujicookie

The Blaster

• 878 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

I appreciate the concern about me for the spoilers :D
Though if only me, Myth and Wakeless are online, feel free to message me. I know that Myth is much more excited for this game than I do.

For the game itself- storywise, Ardyn looks pretty cool. I love villains who joke around. Though I do hope there are lot of references-it will make it feel more lke an FF for me.

Gameplay wise, I played the judgement demo,and it was fun, though I had no idea what I was doing. I really hope there will be a magic variety.

http://i.imgur.com/CdtOWw5.png...

FF13
1UP.com A-
CVG 9.2/10
Edge 5/10
 Eurogamer 8/10
Famitsu 39/40
Game Informer 9.25/10
GameSpot 8.5/10
GameSpy 4.5/5 
IGN 8.9/10
OPM (UK) 9/10
Play 7.9/10

The review itself matters much more than the score, anyway.

#27 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

Though if only me, Myth and Wakeless are online, feel free to message me. I know that Myth is much more excited for this game than I do.

For the game itself- storywise, Ardyn looks pretty cool. I love villains who joke around. Though I do hope there are lot of references-it will make it feel more lke an FF for me.

Gameplay wise, I played the judgement demo,and it was fun, though I had no idea what I was doing. I really hope there will be a magic variety.

The review itself matters much more than the score, anyway.

You finally showed up cookie man! xD.  And yeah agreed.

#28 WakelessDream

WakelessDream

WakelessDerp96

• Moderators Team Leader (+)
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

Same with me actually. I'm playing the game and I'm pumped for it, I'd like to avoid spoilers where I can, but if I run into any it's not a big deal, so yeah feel free to contact me if need be too. :) 

#29 Kingdomhe

Kingdomhe

Edge of Ultima's master

• 2,378 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:08 PM

The delay was implemented to put the day 1 one patch that the game had on September 30th into the original game.

Over half the world has no internet, 4.2 billion people. The people who don't have internet can miss out on multiplayer since that is completely unnecessary for the full experience whilst the patch was needed to fix issues. In addition, I don't think the timing of the movie and anime went to waste that much since the hype is more alive than ever, not to mention Brotherhood is getting 1 more episode (either today or tomorrow) and they released a new demo on the 11th. 

Overall I think the delay was a very good idea, the frame rate is far more stable than earlier builds according to most people. If they can make a game as good looking as that run at a stable 30fps on an Xbox One for 90% of the time, then that's impressive.

I do see where you are coming from, but 2 months wasn't that bad and it all worked out in the end.

Same here, looking at those scores for FF13 I was shocked, I expected more 4's 5's and 6's since most people hated the game. 

Expanding on the soda/elixir thing. Showing proof of purchasing the game at a Target store, you will receive 1 bottle of Wiz's Energising Elixir. It's orange and cream soda.

During the last livestream before the game they showed off the Mystery Disc demo which is basically one giant party in Altissia-skip to 2 hours 50 minutes-Noctis is beating fat Prompto with a hammer........ What happened to serious Sasuke Noctis who wanted to kill everyone xD xD xD

At about 2 hours 57 you can see all the fanart done by fans, inside the real game which just blows my mind. They really do care about the fans xD

I mean the 2 month delay for a day one patch was kind of harsh, usually those things can take hours to download but not days, at max I could see it taking a month to put the patch in the game but not two. If they had already had a day one patch planed then should that have been put into the development schedule before they had a release date? plus if internet was a concern then why make DLC at all and just keep the game as is. It just seems like the reason they gave was a bit unbelievable given the time frame they needed, still the delay wasn't as bad as other games but the reason made it a bit meh. I hope this game doesn't get "another patch" because that would really leave a sour taste in people's mouth. 

#30 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:10 PM

Famous art director Yusuke Naora who left Sqenix last month has made an awesome piece of art for XV. Naora did work on XV as his last project and is now a freelance artist.

CyVZZvtVEAETjNg.jpg

#31 Mystics Apprentice

Mystics Apprentice

Colorfully ecstatic Time Mage

• 2,045 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

I cannot wait to play this!  I've been so psyched after waiting for this game for aeons and being such an avid fan of the series.  Unfortunately I won't be playing Final Fantasy XV upon release because I still need to get myself a PS4, but I look forward to hearing how everyone else is enjoying it and hope it lives up to everyone's expectations!

Maybe I'll luck out and get this for Christmas?

I wanted to add that you can also message me.  I won't be playing the game for quite a while, so chances are I'll forget whatever I'm spoiled with by the time I finally get to playing the game. :P

#32 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

I cannot wait to play this!  I've been so psyched after waiting for this game for aeons and being such an avid fan of the series.  Unfortunately I won't be playing Final Fantasy XV upon release because I still need to get myself a PS4, but I look forward to hearing how everyone else is enjoying it and hope it lives up to everyone's expectations!

Maybe I'll luck out and get this for Christmas?

I wanted to add that you can also message me.  I won't be playing the game for quite a while, so chances are I'll forget whatever I'm spoiled with by the time I finally get to playing the game. :P

I liked your old avatar better!I associated it with your profile.

#33 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Darkness

• 2,488 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:42 PM

I've got my Deluxe Edition uwu

#34 xxClouDxxmoon

xxClouDxxmoon

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• 2,755 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 03:59 AM

Over the years, one of the main topics I have spoke about on here is Final Fantasy vs XIII and Final Fantasy XV. It has been a long time coming. So I hope everybody enjoys themselves and has a great time giving this game a play, finally. Peace!

#35 KH4Real

KH4Real
  • 3,645 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 09:36 AM

Collector's Edition arrived today yeyy.

#36 The 13th Kenpachi

The 13th Kenpachi
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:43 AM

Game has arrived and I'm on my way home now.

Patch is taking 7 minutes for 5GB.
I love fibre optic

Edited by Barry Bacon Allen, 29 November 2016 - 10:56 AM.

#37 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,857 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:31 PM

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 10 years of waiting.

Edited by Tails, 29 November 2016 - 12:53 PM.

#38 Yusaku Fujicookie

Yusaku Fujicookie

The Blaster

• 878 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:52 PM

I do like Tabata as a director though. His games might have some flaws(type-0's free time system and CC's quests repeat themselves with random encounters) but he does care about the fans.

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 20 years of waiting.

Just got back home from GameStop and now I am installing the update file. Boy oh boy am I am excited to finally play this game after 20 years of waiting.

Did you time travel for 10 years or something?

#39 Tails

Tails

Advanced Member

• 7,857 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:53 PM

I do like Tabata as a director though. His games might have some flaws(type-0's free time system and CC's quests repeat themselves with random encounters) but he does care about the fans.

Did you time travel for 10 years or something?

Oops, sorry that was a mis-type. I meant to say 10 years xD. I edited the post.

#40 KingdomHearts3

KingdomHearts3

In the final chapter...

• 4,965 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:30 PM

I haven't gotten the game yet, but I would really like to soon.