•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
Photo

What game do you think deserves Game of the Year?

The Game Awards Uncharted Doom Inside Overwatch Titanfall 2

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

What game do you think deserves Game of the Year?(72 members have cast votes)

1. Doom (3 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

2. Inside (2 votes [2.78%])

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

3. Overwatch (18 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Titanfall 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (23 votes [31.94%])

Percentage of vote: 31.94%

6. All of them (1 votes [1.39%])

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

7. None of them (12 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

8. A different game? Tell us below! (13 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

Vote

To vote, please sign in or register.

#1 Power Jusho

Power Jusho

I am the TRUE Keyblade Master...Not you...

• Social Media Team
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:39 PM

Coming from The Game Awards, what do you think game deserves Game of the Year?

#2 Shulk

Shulk
  • 8,954 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:00 PM

Haven't played any of them so I don't really care that much. So far Dragon Quest VII has my spot for Game of the Year, but tomorrow could easily change that.

#3 Deadpool

Deadpool

I've come up with a new recipe!

• 1,065 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:02 PM

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 5!

#4 WakingDawn96

WakingDawn96

Rabbid Kingdom Mayhem!

• Banned
  • 2,271 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/HMHGgMb

It's not even out yet for me, but it's quite possibly will be one of my all time favorite Pokemon games and it came out this year, so yeah I will go with that.

But to shut up you PlayStation fanboys and fangirls, I shall go with the answer of World of Final Fantasy, cause it's a fun game once you look past some of its flaws. :)

1298982639186712934.gif

#5 HeyMouseSayCheese

HeyMouseSayCheese

With dry, cool wit like that, I could be an action hero

• 1,310 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

If this were a fair and just world, Ratchet & Clank would be a top contender. Since this isn't, Uncharted 4 will probably sweep every kind of award because the industry loves jerking off to Naughty Dog games.

#6 C-World Productions

C-World Productions
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:44 PM

I say Final Fantasy XV should be the game of the year for 2016! <3

Edited by C-World Productions, 17 November 2016 - 09:45 PM.

#7 Green Sparrow

Green Sparrow

tinker tocker

• 807 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

I think we should definitely give games like Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian a shot. Not saying it's a clutch, but they're both definitely at least contenders.

#8 MythrilMagician

MythrilMagician

Darkness

• 2,488 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

At this point, either Doom or World of Final Fantasy.

#9 Geralt

Geralt

Professional Monster Hunter

• 2,809 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

I've only played Overwatch, but that's not really a full on game that could compare to the others.

But I believe Uncharted is going to win this one. I've only watched it being played like twice, and it really feels like it's the winner.

Edited by Geralt, 17 November 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#10 Clouded Sun

Clouded Sun

Just, don't expect me to go easy on you.

• 1,614 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

If Final Fantasy XV doesn't count as 2016, then Overwatch

Edited by Clouded Sun, 17 November 2016 - 10:53 PM.

#11 Hero of Light XIV

Hero of Light XIV
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:21 PM

Uncharted 4. That game was epic.

#12 Isaix

Isaix

The Luna Diviner

• 2,701 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:40 AM

I think the only 2016 game I played is Star Fox Zero and that was ok,nothing more.Final Fantasy XV seems like its going to be the best 2016 game.

#13 Alpha Baymax

Alpha Baymax
  • 2,975 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 05:17 AM

I honestly think it's going to be Overwatch simply because of it's cross-platform status and cultural phenomenon it's created.

#14 Trece the Xam ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

Trece the Xam ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀)

Chatroom and hedgehog ultimate overlord ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) and 8th mod

• 1,854 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:22 AM

Xammification obviouslea

#15 JTD95

JTD95

Hello, Zuko here.

• 2,002 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:35 AM

I've only played Inside and thought it was quite good due to the whole story being only told through visuals and that it had very engaging and effective gameplay.

Well, FFXV isn't out yet so no one can really judge whether it's good or not. It might be total shit.

#16 Headphone Jack

Headphone Jack
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:10 AM

Ratchet and Clank definitely deserves some recognition this year. It was a great game with fun gameplay, beautiful graphics, and it was only 40 bucks. I place it up there with Bloodborne as one of my favorite games this gen. 

i had so much fun with the game i played through it three times back to back. the gameplay got more and more enjoyable with each New Game+. here's hoping Insomniac goes back to Ratchet and Clank sometime this gen. the new Ratchet and Clank game proved the series is still going strong and that the core gameplay is just as fun as ever. 

only issue i had with it was the story, but that was because they made the game and movie tie into one another. i would imagine that if they made a new R&C game without having to consider a movie, the story would be a lot stronger.

#17 ajddavid452

ajddavid452

the ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)lord of KH13

• 79 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:13 AM

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X

#18 Chozé Freedom Svoboda

Chozé Freedom Svoboda

May our hearts be our guiding key!

• 426 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:31 AM

Yeah. If it doesn't count, I'll go for Uncharted 4. Haven't played it but looks really great.

#19 A Heartless Nobody

A Heartless Nobody
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

FFXV. I've played forty very enjoyable hours of the game and I don't even own it yet. Now allow me to leave so I can play some more.

#20 HeyMouseSayCheese

HeyMouseSayCheese

With dry, cool wit like that, I could be an action hero

• 1,310 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

Ratchet and Clank definitely deserves some recognition this year. It was a great game with fun gameplay, beautiful graphics, and it was only 40 bucks. I place it up there with Bloodborne as one of my favorite games this gen. 

i had so much fun with the game i played through it three times back to back. the gameplay got more and more enjoyable with each New Game+. here's hoping Insomniac goes back to Ratchet and Clank sometime this gen. the new Ratchet and Clank game proved the series is still going strong and that the core gameplay is just as fun as ever. 

only issue i had with it was the story, but that was because they made the game and movie tie into one another. i would imagine that if they made a new R&C game without having to consider a movie, the story would be a lot stronger.

Couldn't agree more. It's one of two games I got the platinum trophy on (the other one being the OG Ratchet & Clank- go figure), and I've loved all of it. Super tight controls, plenty to do and collect, and some of the most gorgeous graphics in any video game, like, ever (plus a perfectly consistent frame rate, which for all the crazy shit that happens on screen sometimes is really impressive). One of the best in a great series and one of the best PS4 games available, especially since it's down to $20 at most places by now.

I have no doubt the story would be stronger if it weren't technically a movie tie-in game, Insomniac specifically said that the game wasn't going to focus on the story since the movie was going to cover that. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) the movie bombed hard in theaters so there likely won't be another one, so the next game will almost certainly have a stronger narrative.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Game Awards, Uncharted, Doom, Inside, Overwatch, Titanfall 2