Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hmm, I can definitely notice the improvements over the two models! The humans working on these games know their craft! Blue eyes, sexy chick is looking radiant, and that little mouse king is looking happy!  A little too happy, if you ask me! >.<

But yes, one can definitely look at the comparisons and notice the difference!

Loving the comparison there, one thing that I do have to stress is that, they're the PS3 HD models that you've used. The original PSP/PS2 SD models are best representative of the comparisons.

Loving the comparison there, one thing that I do have to stress is that, they're the PS3 HD models that you've used. The original PSP/PS2 SD models are best representative of the comparisons.

I agree that they definitely are, however there weren't too many good quality pictures I could find of those that matched these ones, so I just sort of went with the promotional images from when those games were originally released.

Actually that's just from promotional material from way before the PS3 upgrade. Seriously, they used this stuff to promote the original BBS and Re:CoM, they've always done this, having renders of the characters that look way better than their in-game models. You can tell whenever they show promotional images for Sora, his sleeves are always so round, smooth, and perfect, but then his in-game model has rather geometric looking sleeves instead. This is nothing new, they've started doing this since as early as KH2 I believe. Really what you want is just a comparison between in-game models, including the PS4 models, that's enirely different from a rendered piece of art like this.

Anyway, this comparison really shows how far away they've come with the engine. I can't wait to see how beautiful the rest of the models look with this graphical upgrade (Riku and Kairi were already starting to look a bit better last time we saw them in a trailer).

Actually that's just from promotional material from way before the PS3 upgrade. Seriously, they used this stuff to promote the original BBS and Re:CoM, they've always done this, having renders of the characters that look way better than their in-game models. You can tell whenever they show promotional images for Sora, his sleeves are always so round, smooth, and perfect, but then his in-game model has rather geometric looking sleeves instead. This is nothing new, they've started doing this since as early as KH2 I believe. Really what you want is just a comparison between in-game models, including the PS4 models, that's entirely different from a rendered piece of art like this.

That's fair enough. I never really considered that but it makes total sense. Form a general standpoint, this is a fantastic means of showing the graphical differences!