Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Exiblade7

Sonic 06 is having its 10th anniversary today

Over time, general opinion to this game have mellowed dramatically. It could have been good if it wasn't rushed for Christmas. It's still enjoyable enough if you play it to take the mick. Walking on loops never gets old xD

Whatever you think of the game itself you have to admit, the soundtrack is BANGING

https://twitter.com/Gameiversary/status/798144278945873920

I know it's one of the most hated games of all time, but when I was a kid, I actually loved the game to bits despite it being glitchy and rushed. The fact that it was glitchy made it more interesting to play in my opinion. :)

Same here, I was way too young to notice the glitches and bugs so I thought it was my fault. Silver was really cool in this game!

I have yet to actually play it, but I do enjoy watching playthroughs of it. ESPECIALLY speedruns. I'm always so interested in the speedruns of this game, especially if the player explains game mechanics and the glitches and holes they've found (credits especially to DarkspinesSonic and those in GamesDoneQuick). I find 06 to be more of a fun time game in just breaking it than having to follow scripts and whatnots.

And I seem to be one of the few that vocally likes Silver. Besides his tryhard seriousness, I find his naivety is cute xD

And that 06 soundtrack is just <3

(I'm loving the positivity here)

https://twitter.com/Gameiversary/status/798144278945873920

I know it's one of the most hated games of all time, but when I was a kid, I actually loved the game to bits despite it being glitchy and rushed. The fact that it was glitchy made it more interesting to play in my opinion. :)

Same here, though actually I wasn't even aware of the glitches at all. It was actually my first proper Sonic game ever (unless you count Shadow or Sonic Advance 2), so I really didn't really have an idea in my head about how Sonic games were supposed to play. I just thought that it was really really hard, since I kept dying so many times. xD

So even though now I know how bad it truly is, I still love it the same way I've always had. I have a decent appreciation for the story, even though it probably could have been much improved, and I liked a lot of the ideas they were trying to introduce to the gameplay, which I feel ultimately ended up being refined in Sonic Unleashed, my most favorite Sonic game ever.

I have yet to actually play it, but I do enjoy watching playthroughs of it. ESPECIALLY speedruns. I'm always so interested in the speedruns of this game, especially if the player explains game mechanics and the glitches and holes they've found (credits especially to DarkspinesSonic and those in GamesDoneQuick). I find 06 to be more of a fun time game in just breaking it than having to follow scripts and whatnots.

And I seem to be one of the few that vocally likes Silver. Besides his tryhard seriousness, I find his naivety is cute xD

And that 06 soundtrack is just <3

(I'm loving the positivity here)

Same here, Silver is one of my favorite characters, and I loved his story arc in this game! Actually he might have had the best character development out of anyone else, and his friendship...ship....ship....ship... (my feels T3T) with Blaze is just so awesome and cute at the same time. I really hope he gets better exposure in future games, particularly any that involve time travel because, ahem, kind of his thing. I also hope to see him get paired up with Blaze in a future game, the duo needs to be reunited! <3

Sonic 2006 may have been a failure as a successful celebration of Sonic's first 15 years as an icon and attempt to reshape his series going forward, but at the very least it's impact did spark an awareness and drive within Sonic Team to push for more quality in their games, as well as looking to the classic era for inspiration going forward. While Rise of Lyric may have been comparable (or even worse, since you can still play 2006 half the time), it has a similar result as well I believe, with Sonic Team and Sega pledging to fans that they're going to focus more on quality control going forward. I think the fact that their anniversary games aren't coming out till 2017, one year after the proper 25th anniversary in 2016, speaks for that goal. As long as the festivities are kept up and the games are solid, the 25th anniversary will truly go on until that last game is released and settled in the public's mind.

Thanks for the memories Sonic 2006, and I hope I can get back to continuing you for my Sonic marathon soon! :D<3

*Oh yeah, and of course, the soundtrack is AWESOME!*

Edited by Hero of Light XIV

Sonic '06 serves, along with Rise of Lyric, as a reminder to Sonic Team that they have to keep their promise to strive for high quality. The mistakes they made with the game should never be forgotten and yet, not in the negative light it was when the wounds were still fresh.

Hell, the official Sonic Twitter is looking back and having a laugh, as they should. xD

The game had it's good parts, for one I quite liked Mephiles, Silver had his good moments especially towards the end of his story line and the soundtrack is absolutely amazing. Plus, Shadow's story is the best out of all of them. It had potential! So much so that, well, if it were ever fully remade, I'd be willing to see what they could do with the idea nowadays.

Same here, Silver is one of my favorite characters, and I loved his story arc in this game! Actually he might have had the best character development out of anyone else, and his friendship...ship....ship....ship... (my feels T3T) with Blaze is just so awesome and cute at the same time. I really hope he gets better exposure in future games, particularly any that involve time travel because, ahem, kind of his thing. I also hope to see him get paired up with Blaze in a future game, the duo needs to be reunited! <3

Sonic 2006 may have been a failure as a successful celebration of Sonic's first 15 years as an icon and attempt to reshape his series going forward, but at the very least it's impact did spark an awareness and drive within Sonic Team to push for more quality in their games, as well as looking to the classic era for inspiration going forward. While Rise of Lyric may have been comparable (or even worse, since you can still play 2006 half the time), it has a similar result as well I believe, with Sonic Team and Sega pledging to fans that they're going to focus more on quality control going forward. I think the fact that their anniversary games aren't coming out till 2017, one year after the proper 25th anniversary in 2016, speaks for that goal. As long as the festivities are kept up and the games are solid, the 25th anniversary will truly go on until that last game is released and settled in the public's mind.

Thanks for the memories Sonic 2006, and I hope I can get back to continuing you for my Sonic marathon soon! :D<3

*Oh yeah, and of course, the soundtrack is AWESOME!*

Aye! I'm a proud shipper of the Silvaze (and the Sonamy) and wish for him to return to a bigger role in a future game. Generations was him being a bonus, but it was nice to see him anyways (and lovely lovely Quinton Flynn being his new VA). Oooh, though it may not be canon to the video games uiniverse, the Archie comics has some awesome Silver arcs <3 Such lovely and makes me love him more lol

And I'm loving this direction Aaron Webber and the rest of the Sonic PR team are taking this icon. Bringing back that 90s attitude and mixing it nicely with the more humor filled memes of today. Can't wait to watch that Boom season2, so much fun, and heard that Fire&Ice was successful (not the best, but definitely better than previous Boom game titles). Also can't wait for a little more info of Project 2017, but hopefully not too much like how the Pokemon Company is handling Sun&Moon (seriously, tmi so close to release).

And of course, Mania is going to be SWEET <3

The game gave us what is probably the best Game Grumps playthrough ever, so, uh... it has that going for it at least?

"RUNNING AROUND AT THE SPEED OF DIAGONAL" -Arin

Also there was the time when Jirard basically died trying to 100% the game

So yeah, fun times

He was standing though xD