Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aqua7KH

Birth by Sleep sucks? Draining negativity.

Someone hating a game you love shouldn't affect you, especially if said person is just forcing himself to play that game from the beginning.

It's IMO weird that BBS, and by extension DDD, is suddenly getting more criticism from the fanbase now than when it came out, and I feel as if that has to do with 2.5's release and big speedrunners like Bizkit doing analysis videos on it.

Anyways, just don't let it get to you and keep loving what you love.

Immerse yourself in what you love about BBS.  Replay/watch it, and whenever you get so you can't stop thinking about other people's nastiness, pause the game, deep breaths and remember your thoughts when your first played it.  Narrate it outloud :D  I forget their names, but there are a couple of guys on youtube who just get SUPER EXCITED about anything KH, and you probably know who they are, so maybe watch them too?

If you're feeling down, just about anything can feel worse than it would be if you were not down, and there isn't anything wrong with that.  Especially this time of year when people are experiencing the onset of Seasonal Affective Disorder.

It always sucks when people don't agree with our opinions, and constant negativity can make a person question whether they have a right to even like it.  There's times where I love a certain game, but then all of my co-workers bash the game and make fun of it, and here I am standing in the corner because I actually love it but don't want to say anything because then I'd be stupid in liking it.  It does sort of hurt, but with people on the Internet--and the world in general--you have to take them with a grain of salt.  He probably thought that he was cool in saying that he hates it so much and made fun of it.  It's his opinion, but it doesn't change what the game is for other people.

Birth by Sleep is one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts titles.  Sure, it may be inconsistent with the overall story sometimes, and may be lacking in a few areas, but I adore Terra, Aqua, and Ven, and I found all of it to be very interesting.  For everyone it's going to be different.  I hate some things that other people love, but I respect other people who like it and think that, for some, it could actually be a good game.  We are all made differently and naturally we all like different things.  It bugs me when people get so negative in particular about anything, unless they are in company that also hates it and they can have a hay day. :P

I haven't really felt the way you're describing about a game, but I have felt this way when it has come to religion.  If I hear someone constantly bashing my own views and calling them stupid, or trying to rip away concepts that I'm trying to grasp it sort of upsets me inside.  I guess for me if I'm already feeling on edge or confused about something it doesn't help when you hear constant negativity, because it then just shakes my faith and makes me upset all over again.  Of course, it's a different topic entirely, but what I mean to say is that I can understand why some people's opinions can seem like so much more than opinions, even though they should just be regarded as such.

I would try to distract yourself with something else for now, if you can.  Try playing a new game of interest, or get invested in a TV show or a positive Let's Play on another topic.  In time this will begin to fade, and I think the best thing you can do is try to shake off what he said as being his own opinion that is not true for everyone.  It's sort of easy to feel that there's a grain of truth in something a person says just because they say it with such confidence, but really that doesn't make the topic at hand any more legit.  You are perfectly entitled to love Birth by Sleep and be proud of it, just as many of us here on the site. ; )  (And it's okay if people hate it, too!  Everyone's going to be different.)

Trust me, all of that is just a bunch of hot air. If you love BbS, then just focus on the fact that YOU like it. Just don't care about what other people think, because trust me, they don't care what others think either, that's why they're being such jerks about it. If they are entitled to ranting about how much they don't like the game, then you are equally entitled to rant about how much you DO like the game. Everybody's got opinions and some will express them in nice, considerate, constructive manners, and then others will just belch them in an unrefined and insensitive manner that makes anybody with an opposite opinion feel terrible. If they can't express their opinion in a way that doesn't resort to shouting, name-calling, or just using cookie-cutter phrases like "it sucks" or "it's no believable" or "it doesn't make sense" and don't bother to really elaborate on what they don't care for, then they just aren't worth giving the time of day to, let alone any thought whatsoever from you.

People do have some legitimate concerns about BbS, the physics are slightly different from that of KH2, these are brand new characters we've never been introduced to before, and because it's three stories in one game they have to be much more condensed than the other stories where it's just Sora. Those might turn people off. However, I have no problem with any of these things that other people do. So BbS's gameplay is floatier than KH2's? Well so was KH1 and you don't see nearly as many people trying to kick that game off it's throne. I'm pretty sure these games are all allowed to be presented differently in their own ways, where was the rulebook that said that each game was meant to feel the same as the last? Three new characters we didn't initially know anything about? It honestly would have been exhausting for me to keep constantly focusing on Sora when we've clearly seen that the scope of the series can be expanded so much already. Plus, I felt like the backstory they did present to us was an adequate amount, though of course I still would have liked to have had a little more (like how Terra and Aqua came to be Eraqus' pupils or to see more of Vanitas' angst-ridden backstory as depicted in the novel). And while I understand that the depth of each story has to kind of be compromised in order to make up for fitting 3 of them in there, when you step back and take the whole game in as a whole, the entire story by itself is still pretty strong and compelling. We're just too used to having entries that tend to focus primarily on just one protagonist from start to finish (or near-start to finish) is what I feel the problem is. Again, I would have had no problem if they put the same amount of depth into each story as a Sora-solo story, even if it meant that the game playtime was longer as a result (though whether or not the PSP could handle that is up for debate), but I feel that what they gave us was enough and it still works.

It's just a hard fact that not everyone is going to like what you like, and even harder that not all of them are going to express their differing opinions in a considerate and constructive manner. But what SHOULD matter to you is how YOU feel about the game and how your feelings towards it are much more important than their feelings towards it. They aren't playing it alongside you, it's not a shared experience like an MMO, it's a singular experience, they're in their own world and you are in yours. And if they aren't even going to make the effort to meet you half way and compromise how to look at it, then you don't have to bother with them at all. Just keep calm, carry on, and keep loving BbS.

Birth By Sleep will always remain my favourite game and I wont let even people I know personally sway my decision. We are as entitled to their opinion as they are their wrong one. B]

I was gonna say this too but you beat me to it xD 

Don't worry, I completely understand what you mean, but honestly, my love for BBS outweighs the flying squirrels I give about the hate for the game lol. I just love the bbs trio too much~ Everyone is be entitled to their own opinions, but then you have people who feel that their opinion matters so much that they force their views onto other people. But you shouldn't let people like that get to you. Just remember that there are a lot of other people who like BBS too! Like me! :D

He does. xD I'm not saying he's a bad person, he just doesn't really do well when he's angry. If you ever saw him you know what I mean.

It doesn't help that people fight with him back too. So that just makes it even worse. But he has said that it's a fact that Birth by Sleep is the worst game, and anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy.

I feel sorry for him to because people in the comments make it worse for him, making him hate the game even more. He has gotten into really bad personal arguments with people. The whole thing has gotten personal for him and those who argue. Luckily I myself have been just staying away from it, but I still think about it.

He reminds me of DSPgaming. IF you know who that is then you know what I mean, if you don't know, then please don't search for him.

Here's the thing though, he played KH1 first, and he disliked it. Why did he keep playing the rest of the games? Well, because KH currently gives him the most views on his channel, that's why.

Well human, this sounds very serious!  Whoever that human you were talking about is, he sounds like a real jerk! I mean, it's ridiculous for him to bicker with other humans and make them feel bad simply because he doesn't like the game!  But don't sweat it!  Remember, humans are despicable scum, and they also self-destruct by causing wars and chaos among each other! Believe me, I've traveled through dimensions, it goes the same way for all other living species!

Transcendent ranks Birth By Sleep on his top three favorite Kingdom Hearts games, alongside Kingdom Hearts II and Dream Drop Distance, and you don't see him getting affected by what people say about the ones that are lesser liked! Just don't let some random human's comments get to you!

Words of encouragement, eh...? Hmm, I'm not really good with those! I'm a dream demon, my words are usually to deceive and hurt and enslave the mind! BUT! I'll make an exception! My words of encouragement to you: "Don't let stupid humans get to you! Just imagine that they're nincompoops that'll be squashed by a giant foot in the near future, and that'll make you laugh!" My point being, enjoy what you love, and don't let what other humans say get to you!

I can't believe I gave words of encouragement...to a human! What's happening to you, Bill!? You're a dream demon, you're better than this! X_X

I did stop. It's just that the let's player I was really enjoying playing through the games (he loved Days) it's just that he is the type of person who just constantly goes on about how much he hates it. While he was playing Days he still rants about how terrible KH1 was to him. Opinions never really bothered me, it's just that after a while the toxicity of it all just gets to you.

I don't care if he doesn't like the game, it's his opinion it's just that he keeps going on about it, and he actually said that if you like BBS you're crazy. I'm not watching him anymore, although I'd like to see if he enjoys the other KH games but I know he's going to keep going back to before.

Look, I don't want to seem like I'm butt hurt or whatever, which I guess I kinda am, and I never been one to care about other people's opinions. It's just being in that toxic situation just sucked. Even though it's over, you tend to see the same things elsewhere and it starts draining you yknow?

I dunno, I've also been kinda down anyway in general, so that could be another thing to. I just wanted to make this thread to see if other people feel the same way

I honestly do want to know which Letsplayer this is as I have a lot I'm subbed to.

It's Version2LP isn't it? I also was watching that Let's Play of his since he was playing through the entire series and i remember he would go on and on and on about how he just dislikes BBS all the time and would mention that the other titles were bad. I understand what you mean, it is pretty toxic at times. I kinda feel bad sometimes when i hear the whole "nomura makes stuff up as he goes along" from other people online and in other forums and those inconsistencies in the series makes me feel bad at times when i hear them say it.

Edited by Roxas_58644

I'd say the overwhelming majority likes Birth By Sleep, and many fans love it. So you're definitely not alone with your love for it.

Us Final Fantasy XIII fans on the other hand....

I'd say the overwhelming majority likes Birth By Sleep, and many fans love it. So you're definitely not alone with your love for it.

Us Final Fantasy XIII fans on the other hand....

Oh yeah LOL I know a lot of people hate that.

I think it's cook

I love the character and what BBS brought to the series, but the gameplay in BBS is almost painful. It's incredibly floaty, while being in countless narrow areas .. it's like a leaf being blown around in a corridor. Though the last game I played was DDD before it so I might just be spoiled by those massive areas with free flow.

I loved BBS too. It was one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts series.

Well, of course it's kind of disappointing when other people have different opinion, especially when it comes to offensive opinion.

Just let it go, I mean, everyone has their own rights to judge the game they're playing, whether it is positive or negative.

Even if it's so offensive, you can just ignore them. For me, it's no use to argue.

I understand if someone would hate BBS. Some may judge it as ' too childish', 'Tired of TERRAism of Ventus', 'Don't like the Gameplay' or even 'Darkness blah blah blah'. Well it's up to their reasons. I also have my own reason to like it despite its flaw. So, don't even care, man. It's just an opinion of some other player.