Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Shard the Gentleman

Shattered - Steven Universe RP Sign-Ups and Discussion

steven_universe_rp_by_calebjhughes-dafeq
steven_universe_rp_2_by_calebjhughes-daf
steven_universe_rp_3_by_calebjhughes-daf

[background Images belong to the Steven Universe Crewniverse, I take no credit)
(RP will contain spoilers for Seasons 1-4)
(Information may be repeated for clarification, and also for those who cannot watch videos)

- THE BASICS –

Quick Lore:

-Gems

VIDEO EXPLANATION (suggested as I have difficulty explaining myself):

Text Explanation (Please refer to the video if possible forehand.):

What are Gems? Gems are an extraterrestrial, invasive, asexual  form of life consisting of a single Gemstone at the core, and a hard-light holographic form surrounding the Gem. When a Gem takes too much damage, the hard-light form retreats into its Gem , in order to repair itself (referred to as a “poofed Gem.”) This can take for as long as a few hours to a few weeks. Once the Gem reforms, there is usually a visual difference to the hard-light form. When the hard-light is retreated into the Gem, the Gem itself is open to damage. When a Gem is cracked, many abilities are not usable, and they may not be able to reform until healed by a specific Gem with healing powers, or specific fountains. If their Gem is cracked while formed, their physical body will not manifest correctly, causing loose limbs, speech ailments, and other issues. If a Gem is shattered, they’re destroyed forever, and are deceased. There is no return from being Shattered. All Gems have a set of abilities. Some of them are unique to that Gem, others all Gems share. Shared properties are as follows:

-Fusion (Read Below)

-Shape Shifting – This can range from full body transformations to simple and small changes. Shape Shifting is limited, as staying in a shifted shape for an extended period of time can cause exhaustion and may damage their physical form, causing they to retreat to their Gem to reform. Speech is still understandable while shifted.

-Strength – Some Gems are stronger than others, but all Gems are typically stronger than the average human.

-Jumping – Many Gems have the ability to jump higher than would appear possible to average life-forms. Some have ordinary jumping, however, such as Gems designed for technological purposes.

-Speed – Gems are faster than humans, but the majority does not have super speed. There are a few Gems that do, however, like Sapphires.

-Weapons – Every Gem has a weapon they can summon from the Gem at their core that is unique to them, although some weapons can be similar. These weapons can be summoned at will (unless cracked.)

-Storage – Gems can store small items inside their gem, although its limited to small items and usually only up to one item. Similarly, Gems can use their Gems as flashlights.

-Bubbling  - This ability allows a Gem to preserve an item in the exact shape it is in at the time of bubbling. This is commonly used to teleport cracked/poofed Gems to a safe area. Bubbles, when tapped on the top, automatically are stored safely in a place that Gem deems so.

-Other abilities such as using a Gem as a flashlight, automatic planet adaption, agelessness, immunity to disease, and increased physical endurance are shared by all gems. Gems don’t need to eat or sleep, but can still do so if desired.

- Fusion
VIDEO EXPLANATION:

One thing that is unique to the Gem species is Fusion. All Gems have the capability to fuse. When two or more Gems fuse, their personalities and physical forms clash together to create a new Gem, many times with greater Strength (and occasionally extra limbs.) In order to keep a Fusion stable, the Gems involved must have a close relationship, or a common goal. It is easier for Gems of the same type to stabilize a fusion. When Gems of the same type fuse, they become a larger form of themselves, with extra strength and combined consciousness. Fusions can use all weapons of the participating Gems, and combine their weapons to form new ones. A new ability is usually born with the fusion as well.

It is usually confusing for the Fusion Gem to identify themselves at first, confusing themselves for the Gems that fused to create them. Eventually, the Fusion Gem adapts to its individuality.

Perma-Fusions are Fusion Gems that stay fused for as long as possible, usually due to the close relationship the fused Gems have with each other.

-Gem Creation

VIDEO EXPLANATION:

How are Gems made? Gems from Homeworld share a goal: Venture the universe and create more Gems, and expand their empire. New Gems are created using machines called Injectors. These Injectiors are placed on other planets, and use the life surrounding the area of choice to force a Gem creation. This drains life from the planet and ruins the environment in the area. Gems are naturally occurring on Homeworld, although they take longer to form without the use of Injectors, and the only natural Gems are the Diamonds. Since then, no other Gems have emerged naturally. Injectors are not used on Homeworld. Gems come out of the ground when ready to take on the world, leaving exit holes. When they emerge, they already know who they are and what purpose they were created for. Most Gems are created for specific reasons. Militia expansion, Servant needs, technical needs, etc . The areas these Injectors are placed determine what Gems will be created, and are called Kindergartens.

-Diamond Authority and Homeworld

The Great Diamond Authority is a group of Elite Gems that reign supreme over the Gem species. These four Elite are Yellow Diamond, Blue Diamond, White Diamond, and Pink Diamond. While most of these Diamonds rule a large selection of planets, Pink Diamond only has control over Earth and it’s Moon. The other Diamonds do not have specified planets canonically, but they do each own a specific amount. For this RP, however, I will allow any amount of planets for any Diamond, aside from Pink Diamond.

Homeworld is the origin of the Gem species. The Gems that live on Homeworld are typically Gems of Aristocracy. They do not participate in Wars or expansion.

-The Crystal Gems and other Rebellions

The Crystal Gems are a rebellion spurred by Rose Quartz. They fight on Planet Earth to keep the life here preserved, and keep the Gem species aside from them from inhabiting the planet in order to allow the Earth to live. There are sub-sections of The Crystal Gems that rebel on other planetoids to preserve the life and environment on those planets. These are referred to Divisions specifically in place to protect that planet. There are also wandering Crystal Gems that travel planet to planet to do what they can where they can.

-Liberation

Some Gems, not associated with the Crystal Gems, are also present. They live their own lifestyle and typically enjoy their peace, either alone or with other Gems. These Gems are persecuted by The Diamond Authority for liberating themselves, a sign of rebellion.

-Planet Earth

Earth is the latest attempt of Homeworld to expand their empire and create more Gems. This is where the Rebellion originated, and the idea that Gems could form their own identities spurred.

-Militia

Homeworld Militia is run by Yellow Diamond. The militia is typically made of Quartz gems and Rubies, but there are many many more Gems involved that are unknown. The Diamond Authority has the ability to borrow the Militia should Yellow Diamond allow. This is never an issue.

PLANETS

So, since there are a huge number of planets, I'm going to set a list of premade ones, but if you want, you can create your own for you and other RPers to play in!

Laona - Water based planet, Gem-Controlled. Small islands throughout the planet, many of which have never been touched by Homeworld. Blue Diamond.
Zai - Once a grassy planet, now a barren mountainous desert. Gem-Controlled, however, most have moved on, as there is only a select small area left worth draining. White Diamond
Parcelle - Great forests and plains, abundant with rivers and lakes. Not Gem Controlled. Full of Life. Yellow Diamond is seeking this planet out.
Earth - You guys know the earth :P Keep in mind though that this takes place thousands of years in the past. Pink Diamond.

PHEW! Sorry for that long intro. Just wanted to clarify as much as possible so that everyone knows what they're in for!
And yes, THIS IS ME, ANNOUNCING MY RETURN TO RP!!

Character Sheet

Gem:
Nickname:
Skills:
Morality:
Diamond/Liberation:
Bio:
Personality:

I won't post much, but please enjoy this RP to the greatest extent! This RP will mostly be controlled by you, the players! I will post a bit myself eventually, and will post my character sheets in a few minutes.

Character Sheet

Gem: Blue Lace Agate 
Nickname: (~I haven't figured this out yet-- just call her Blue Lace or Lacey) 
Appearance:

tumblr_of3s55147u1upl7uxo1_1280.jpg

I feel like everyone is gonna use Gemsona Maker lol-- she is about Pearl's height

Skills: Able to float/drift when falling so she does not land hard...able to manipulate metal, handy with two rapier swords, able to heal gems but not as well as other Gems can heal....plus all basic gem skills.
Morality: Gem-- able to be shattered. (I guess that's what I should put lol) 
Diamond/Liberation: Previously associated with Blue Diamond-- currently apart of the Liberation. 
Bio: ~This will probably go into greater detail as the roleplay progresses~ 

Blue Lace Agate was once a member of the Aristocracy of Blue Diamond, however rebelled against her diamond for unspecified reasons. Fled to Earth where she hides with other gems for the Liberation. 
Personality: 

-Cares for smaller Gems

-Graceful 

-Makes sure her voice is heard

-She will punch you if you mess with her or her friends though

I guess that is it lol

Edited by Madam Ciel Nekohive

Character Sheet

Gem: Blue Lace Agate 

Nickname: (~I haven't figured this out yet-- just call her Blue Lace or Lacey) 

Appearance:

tumblr_of3s55147u1upl7uxo1_1280.jpg

I feel like everyone is gonna use Gemsona Maker lol-- she is about Pearl's height

Skills: Able to float/drift when falling so she does not land hard...able to manipulate metal, handy with two rapier swords, able to heal gems but not as well as other Gems can heal....plus all basic gem skills.

Morality: Gem-- able to be shattered. (I guess that's what I should put lol) 

Diamond/Liberation: Previously associated with Blue Diamond-- currently apart of the Liberation. 

Bio: ~This will probably go into greater detail as the roleplay progresses~ 

Blue Lace Agate was once a member of the Aristocracy of Blue Diamond, however rebelled against her diamond for unspecified reasons. Fled to Earth where she hides with other gems for the Liberation. 

Personality: 

-Cares for smaller Gems

-Graceful 

-Makes sure her voice is heard

-She will punch you if you mess with her or her friends though

I guess that is it lol

I would've accepted this if this RP had had more sign ups. I may rewrite it though, make it a bit more simple.