•    Sign In   
  • Create Account

You are viewing the forum as a guest. For a better experience, please sign in or create an account.

Forum Search New Content Forum Rules Boards Status Updates Fan-made Images Fan-made Videos Livestreams Chatroom
  1. Yoshirai's Content

Yoshirai's Content

There have been 26 items by Yoshirai (Search limited from 19 September 2017)

Sort by                Order  
  1. New Square Enix App released for Japanese users

Square Enix recently announced the release of a new company application, which will go under the name of Square Enix App, on September 7th. This smartphone application can collect and use information and services offered at different Square Enix's websites, like Square Enix e-STORE, on one app. The company assures that users will be provided many different and useful functions.

You can check below the translated information:

What is Square Enix App?

You can enjoy news feeds from SQUARE ENIX's work information as quickly as possible, ticket functions that allow you to enter events and coupons stores usable just by holding your smartphone, but also customizable membership cards etc. We will provide functions that will make our customers' daily life more enjoyable and convenient.

iOS (App Store): https://itunes.apple...1358622983?mt=8

Android (Google Play): https://play.google....lay.PortalAppjp

Official site: https://www.jp.squar...ix.com/sqexapp/

News Function

Topics of Square Enix's official website, you can list and read the information of Square members.You can clip the news you care abou and check them later. You can also use the ranking and search functions to find the exact news you are looking for.

Tickets · Coupons

It is a function that you can use right at the entrance of the selected event. using the purchased ticket as an electronic one. By doing so, the entrance will be ticketless/paperless. When using it, put your smartphone over OK! You do not need to worry about printing trouble or forgetting or losing your tickets.

Membership card

You can use the membership card function in the application if you are registered with Square members. By presenting the QR code displayed on the membership card at a place such as a large event or a related store, you will be able to get benefits such as members' points and coupons.
    The card face also has a design change function, and you can enjoy the design of the latest release work if you set automatic updates.

Application list

This feature delivers information on game application for smartphone directly provided by SQUARE ENIX. It is easy to install and start the game application.

More information on Tokyo Game Show app-entrance have also been shared:

Tokyo Game Show 2018 Exhibition Information

We will exhibit at the Square Enix booth of "Tokyo Game Show 2018", which is going to be held this month. By installing the Square Enix application and reading the QR code of the membership card at the dedicated terminal of the Square Enix booth, you can download the QR code of the membership card at the official shop "ARTNIA" and our official concept cafe store "TOKYO / OSAKA". We will give you free drink coupons!

For more details, please check "Tokyo Game Show 2018" at the venue.

Square Enix "Tokyo Game Show 2018" Special Site: https://www.jp.square-enix.com/tgs18/

2. [UPDATE] Kingdom Hearts III to appear at EGX 2018 in Birmingham

Kingdom Hearts III has been showing up in some capacity at all the big gaming conventions recently, usually the highlight of which is the playable Kingdom Hearts III demo, along with new merchandise etc.

EGX 2018 will be receiving the same treatment - showcasing all the latest and greatest there is to see from Kingdom Hearts III!

EGX 2018 will take place at The NEC in Birmingham, UK on from September 20 - 23. It will run from 10am - 6pm on Thursday and Sunday and will run from 10am - 7pm on Friday and Saturday.

You can purchase tickets here.

UPDATE [Sunday 9th Sept.]:
    A demo for Kingdom Hearts III has been officially announced to contain a battle against the Rock Titan in Olympus Coliseum and the opportunity to explore the Toy Box alongside Woody and Buzz.

Also available at EGX is the chance to feel like a toy with a photo op in Andy's room, as well as a huge metal Kingdom Key being on display.

3. Limited quantities of PlayStation 4 Pro Kingdom Hearts III Limited Edition still available for pre-order at some Japanese retailers

PlayStation 4 Pro Kingdom Hearts III Limited Edition was announced back in E3, and although initially available through a lottery system, it became available for preorder through numerous Japanese online retailers soon after.

You can check here below the list of Japanese retailers that are still taking online preorders:

ITEM IMAGE2

Please notice that although you might be able to place your order, some of the listed retailers may not offer a shipping service outside Japan (e.g. Amazon.jp) or to your country of residence.

Are you going to pre-order one of those Limited Edition PS4 Pro? Let us know in the comment section below!

4. Kingdom Hearts III will be present at Comic Con Nordics in Stockholm with two playable demos

Kingdom Hearts III is going to be present at Comic Con Nordics. The convention will be hosted in Stockholm (Sweden) from September 14th to 16th.

Comic Con Nordics attendees will be able to access to two playable demos, although it is still unclear if they are actually going to feature the already seen settings of Toy Box and the Rock Titan battle as in the previously shared demos. You can check here the announcement tweet done by Koch Media Nordic.

Will you be able to attend Comic Con Nordics and try the Kingdom Hearts III demo yourself? Let us know in the comments!

5. Kingdom Hearts III demo is going to be playable at Lucca Comics & Games

Kingdom Hearts III is going to be part of Lucca Comics & Games entertainment lineup. The convention will be hosted in Lucca (Italy) from October 31th to November 4th.

Lucca Comics & Games attendees will be able to access to two playable demos on a floor space located in Villa Bottini, which already featured the presence of other Square Enix showcases in the past editions, featuring a boss battle against the Rock Titan from Hercules and the Toy Box world from Toy Story alongside Woody and Buzz.

Visitors can also take part in multiple activities in the surrounding park, including picture opportunities with a giant Keyblade, although it is still not confirmed if it will feature the same Andy's room (Toy Story) setting, which will be intstead available at Gamescom 2018.

Will you be able to attend Lucca Comics & Games and try the Kingdom Hearts III demo yourself? Let us know in the comments!

6. Kingdom Hearts: My Friends Are Ear With Me Earring Set is now available for preorder

The Kingdom Hearts: My Friends Are Ear With Me Earring Set is an officially licensed Disney merchandise which is now available for pre-order. The set will cost $21.99 (USD), and will feature 5 kind of differently shaped earrings, resembling some of the most known symbols from the Kingdom Hearts saga. The estimated shipping time is set for September 2018.

The stocks are limited, and only 6 are available to pre-order.

large 16

Are you going to preorder this Earring Set? Let us know in the comment section below!

7. Kingdom Hearts III is going to be present at Gamescom 2018

Kingdom Hearts III is going to be part of Square Enix's Lineup for Gamescom 2018, which will be hosted in Cologne (Germany) from August 21th to 25th.

Gamescom attendees will be able to access to two playable demos on a huge floor space of over 1.500 square meters in hall 9.1 (booths B31/41 and C30/40), featuring a boss battle against the Rock Titan from Hercules and the Toy Box world from Toy Story alongside Woody and Buzz. Visitors can also take part in prime picture opportunities including a giant Keyblade and becoming a real life toy in a replica of Andy’s room from the Disney-Pixar classic Toy Story.

Will you be able to attend Gamescom and try the Kingdom Hearts III demo yourself? Let us know in the comments!

8. Banpresto's monthly lottery Ichiban Kuji to feature Kingdom Hearts themed prizes

The toy company Banpresto, also known for releasing various figures and merchandising for Bandai Namco, hosts a monthly lottery called Ichiban Kuji. People can partecipate to the lottery purchasing tickets, and the prizes lineup coming for December will feature Kingdom Hearts themed ones. The cost of each ticket is of 680¥ (yen). You can see the released and translated lineup down below:

A: Sora&King Mickey statue

B: King Mickey plushie

C: Blanket with hood

D: Keyblade pen

E: Hand towel

F: Glass cup

G: Charm collection

Last Award: King Mickey plushie (III ver.)

Double chance prize: Sora&King Mickey statue

Will you be able to buy a ticket and try your luck in this Japanese lottery? Let us know in the comment section below!

9. Kingdom Hearts III featured in the lastest PlayStation Magazine UK issue

Kingdom Hearts III has recently been featured in the last PlayStation Magazine UK, showing different screenshots from the previous E3 Trailers. You can check these images down below:

Image from IOS (1) Image from IOS (2) Image from IOS (3) Image from IOS (4) Image from IOS Image from IOS (1) Image from IOS (3) Image from IOS (4)

Kingdom Hearts III releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer, Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer, and Pirates of the Caribbean trailer!

10. PopCurated hints to new Kingdom Hearts Funko Keychains and POP! Vinyls

According to Popcurated's tweets, Funko is going to release more Kingdom Hearts merchandise, specifically some new Keychains and POP! Vinyls Kingdom Hearts III inspired. The keychains in questions of Sora and Sora Monster Inc. will be released by the end of the year. For the POP! Vinyls of Sora, Donald and Goofy Monster form, however, there are no release date information.

Posted ImagePosted Image

This reinforces and almost confirms the previous rumors concerning Kingdom Hearts III Mickey, Riku, Soldier Heartless, and Vanitas and also Kingdom Hearts III versions of Sora, Donald, Goofy, and “Sora Mons” (most likely being Sora’s Monster’s Inc. form).

Are you going to buy any of this merchandise as soon as it's available? Let us know in the comments!

11. USgamer interviews Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III development, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gummi Ship system and much more

Tetsuya Nomura, director and creator of the Kingdom Hearts saga, recently got interviewed by USgamer.neton Kingdom Hearts III development, the choosing of Pirates of the Caribbeans as a Kingdom Hearts III world, and the comeback of the Gummi Ship system. Nomura also offered some insights and personal hints on how the relationship between Square Enix and Disney went on in the previous years, just like his recent statements in the last Multiplayer.it interview. The interview is completely available, and you can read it down below:

Kingdom Hearts 3 finally brings the Dark Seeker Saga to a close after more than 15 years. Tell me what it means to you to finally finish this story. Are you happy? Are you a little sad that it's finally coming to an end?

Nomura: Yes. It does come to an end, but I'm not fully swayed to one emotion. I'm not really happy, I'm not really sad. Although I do feel a little sad when I think some characters will probably never appear ever again. Once I think about that, it makes me a little sad. But other than that I'm just more relieved that I was able to tell the full story.

Pixar films feature prominently in Kingdom Hearts 3. I'm curious to know why they get more emphasis here, but not as much emphasis in, for example, Kingdom Hearts 2. Was it because the PS2 wasn't powerful enough to give you the results you wanted?

Nomura: I've always wanted to have a Pixar world within Kingdom Hearts, it's just that Disney has always returned to me and said that it will be difficult to make it happen. I assume that there were some reasons within Disney that did not allow us to do this, but I don't know what they were. But I do think that that situation probably changed this time and that we are allowed to do it. It just so happened that we were able to negotiate with Disney and Pixar to have it in on our title this time.

Seeing Goofy in the Monsters Inc. world, he has a very interesting design. I'm curious what were your intentions were in that regard? Can you tell me a little about that?

Nomura: For Pixar world, the desires that [the Monsters Inc. and Toy Story teams] had for their titles were really strong. We had a lot of guidelines to abide by in terms of how they appear. Comparing the two worlds, Monster's Inc. had more guidelines that we had to follow, and were a little more clear cut in the details. The coloration, for example, or whether a character only had one eye. When we took a look at those guidelines and figured out what we had to do, we felt that Donald should look this way and then Goofy should look this way. We also had a lot of input from the Pixar team that worked on Monsters Inc. We did pretty much follow their guidelines as well as their feedback for those characters.

The Gummi Ship is returning in Kingdom Hearts 3, which I think is interesting. I'm curious why you decided to bring it back? What you think it can add to Kingdom Hearts 3. Is it to tie it more into the previous games?

Nomura: In Kingdom Hearts numbered titles, the Gummi Ship has always been there to travel between the worlds. Gummi Ships are part of the basics of Kingdom Hearts, and as a numbered title in the series, I thought it was necessary to have it in there to complete the package. This is something that [Hironobu Sakaguchi] told me once, which is that Final Fantasy is a title that just has everything in it.
    I wanted to bring that to Kingdom Hearts. In Kingdom Hearts there's the shooting game, there's the RPG, there's the adventure game. It has action, command battles, and everything. There's customization with Gummi Ships, and they bring with them the shooter aspect and the travel aspect. It's just a part of Kingdom Hearts. That's why I thought it was necessary to have it in the title.

At the end of one of the Kingdom Hearts trailer, Aqua definitely has Xehanort's eyes. We think that signifies that she was corrupted by the realm of darkness since the events of Birth by Sleep. Could you elaborate on that and can you speak a little bit on what we can expect from Aqua in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Nomura: I do know that she is a popular character among her fans. I'm sure many are shocked to see [her eyes]. People were more shocked than I expected that they would be. I can't really go into much detail about her because I will just spoil everything, but something does happen in Kingdom Hearts 3 that make her seem like how she is right now in the trailer. I think all I can say is that the player is the only one that can save her from him.

I think it's interesting that you brought back Pirates of the Caribbean, especially since it contrasts sharply with the animated characters. Like, you have Johnny Depp, then you have all the other characters. Why did you bring back Pirates, and why did you choose Pirates Of The Caribbean 3 in particular? Is it because that game is end of the trilogy much like this one?

Nomura: For Kingdom Hearts, it's been a while since we released on a console. Now a lot of developers are creating photorealistic games, and I think that's more mainstream nowadays. I wanted to prove Kingdom Hearts is able to do a more realistic game as well. I also was very interested to see how realistic we could get it. That's why I wanted to have some live action film-based world.
    I also thought that the matchup between a very photorealistic character and Sora, Donald, and Goofy would be very interesting to see, which is why we decided to have that world. As for why we selected The World's End, it was because of its story line.

The second and the third movie are connected and the second movie doesn't really have an ending because it takes you to the third movie. It didn't really make sense to go with that one because it doesn't really have a clear ending with that film. We decided to go with the third film which had a clear ending. You mentioned skipping the previous generation of consoles. Was it always your intention to finish Kingdom Hearts 2, explore some side stories, look at different things, and then finally return to the final story much further down the line?

Nomura: It's not like I had a specific order in mind. It was more like we released it in order of conception or idea. Also because it took us a long time to prepare for Kingdom Hearts 3. If you can take a look at what we have already revealed, you can tell that it is a pretty crazy title that we have created. We did have to have a lot of prep time for it. That just a bit longer than our other spin-off titles.
    Disney has changed tremendously since 2006. Obviously Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, totally different style of animation. How your relationship with Disney and its properties evolved over the past 10 years or so in the context of Kingdom Hearts?

Nomura: I can say that it has actually been increasingly difficult to get approvals from Disney. That's mainly because in the past Kingdom Hearts titles, the creator wasn't around anymore or the team that used to create those titles wasn't there anymore. There was just this one person that we would just have to go to and they would approve it and we'd be fine and good to go. But because we've been featuring recent titles, they still have existing teams for existing creators that are still working in Disney and still working on a certain title.
    That feedback process just has been a little bit more difficult than before. And each team would have a different set of rules and guidelines and they would say different things, or they would look at different things. It's just been a little different that how it used to be because Kingdom Hearts is a bigger title than it was before. I think that whenever we would bring our previous titles, a lot of people at Disney, and this is my assumption, but I do assume that they probably didn't know what Kingdom Hearts was. They'd go, "What's Kingdom Hearts? I have no idea." But now that it's become a bigger title, a lot more people have been involved in than before. In that sense the relationship with Disney has changed quite a bit. Emotional changes I don't really know if there has been any changes emotionally for me. But at least physically I can say those were the changes that we had with Disney.

You mentioned that Monsters Inc. had many more guidelines than Toy Story. Was that the one that had perhaps the most guidelines or was there one that had even more?

Nomura: Frozen had the most.

I imagine if you want part of a level to be behind the Monsters Inc. factory, you could ask them what they think that would look like. You could ask them to try and provide some suggestions or fill in some of their vision. Whereas for Aladdin, for instance, that's not possible anymore. Being able to quiz those people. So is that also helpful in some respects?

Nomura: Since you mention Aladdin, I'll just use Aladdin as an example. Since there isn't anyone that we could ask about adding more areas to Aladdin, it was actually easier because we could just create them on our own. But speaking of advantages, because all these films were made in CG, we weren't able to use the character models as is. But we were able to receive a lot of different assets that we could actually base references on them to create, and I think we were able do it a bit easier than we were able to do with our past titles, as well as create something with higher quality because the original title was in CG.

Final Fantasy characters have always been a big part of Kingdom Hearts, but it was always fun to watch them interact with Disney characters in interesting ways and of course it brought together Disney fans and Square fans. But it appears Kingdom Hearts 3 won't be using Final Fantasy. I'm curious to know why you went in that direction? Is it because you wanted to focus on the core cast, because it's their final game?
    Nomura: I can't disclose too much about the Final Fantasy characters or whether or not they'll be in Kingdom Hearts 3, because I can only speak to what's been shown. But the reason you haven't been shown any Final Fantasy characters is that there are so many original characters that need to resolve their own problems and issues. And because their issues and problems are very difficult, there just hasn't been that much space to fit Final Fantasy characters so far." When you look back on the first Kingdom Hearts, Sora was still a new character, so we kind of had the Final Fantasy characters as supporting characters. But now that it's been 15 years, the original characters are more polished than they were before, so I don't think think they need the Final Fantasy characters help as much as they did before. [...] Also, when we first released Kingdom Hearts, there weren't that many other titles that brought together the Final Fantasy characters. I actually think that Kingdom Hearts may have been the first to do that. But nowadays, there are an abundance of titles that do that, so I don't see the value of having that kind of feature in the game anymore. But that doesn't mean that I'm saying that there won't be any Final Fantasy characters. Please look forward to future information.

Kingdom Hearts III releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer, Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer, and Pirates of the Caribbean trailer!

What do you think about Nomura's statements on Final Fantasy characters into Kingdom Hearts III? Do you think they will be likely to appear or not? Let us know in the comments!

12. Exclusive Kingdom Hearts Symbols Ice Tray releasing September 2018

Square Enix will be releasing a special Kingdom Hearts themed silicone ice tray featuring various iconic symbols from the series! This will release in Japan in September 2018.

It can be pre-ordered from Milestone for 1,380 yen, as well as from AitaiKuji for $12.00.

You can check below for further images:

0012415 kingdom hearts square enix exclusive symbols Ice tray 0012416 kingdom hearts square enix exclusive symbols Ice tray 0012417 kingdom hearts square enix exclusive symbols Ice tray

UPDATE [June 30, 2018]: The ice tray is now available for pre-order on the Square Enix North America Store. The tray will cost $13.99 but has a pre-order price of $12.59 and will release in September 2018.

Thanks to @churroz for the tip!

13. Multiplayer.it interviews Tetsuya Nomura on Kingdom Hearts III development, team, Pixar worlds announcements and new more

Multiplayer.it, an Italian press magazine about videogames, had the chance to interview Tetsuya Nomura, director and creator of the Kingdom Hearts saga. Nomura not only gave some personal insights on the working procedures of the development team behind Kingdom Hearts III, but also some information on his personal and professional career in Square (and Square Enix). The interview also includes some observations on the lastest Kingdom Hearts III stuff released and on the E3 trailers. The interview has been fully translated by the KH13 News Team Stuff @Yoshirai, and you can check it here below:

——Kingdom Hearts is a series that talks about light and darkness, friendship and rivalry. But most of all, represents a journey into the hearts of its protagonists. How’s your and your team’s heart now that the development is almost over?
    Nomura: We're getting near to the end of the works, so I can't deny that it was a very busy and tense period. Even today, regardless of the E3's events, I keep receiving requests to revisionate some in-game elements. There is no break time: despite the daytime, the team keeps sending me things to check and approve, messages to answer, and feedback requests. Now that we announced the release date we absolutely need to fulfill things for that day without trespassing it. That's why everyone is doing their best pushing themselves to the limit, with the goal to both respect the timelines and the premise of creating a great game. However, at this development stage, I try to avoid giving so much feedbacks that would require many changes, because I'm convinced those would create more stress and anxiousness in the whole team. I try myself to stay as calm as possible.

——What is your first memory of the Disney Universe?

Nomura: I'm not that sure, however, I think that the first time I got in touch with the Disney Universe, was with "The Little Mermaid". When I was a young boy, I lived in small countryside town, in a house where the TV only broadcasted two channels. One of those was showing The Little Mermaid: I think it was the first Disney film I ever saw, and, as you may know, it is featured in the Kingdom Hearts series.

——It is well known the story of how the collaboration between Square and Disney started in an elevator, during a conversation between Shinji Hashimoto and a Disney Staffer. What brought you to propose for getting in charge of that project?

Nomura: It happened between the development of Final Fantasy VII and VIII. It was after Super Mario 64 came out, when the videogame industry was shifting from 2D sprites to the polygon graphic. When I played Super Mario 64 I was astonished by its world and by the fact that you were able to freely move among this openworld. Working to Final Fantasy, I thought that our battle system would have worked perfectly in a similar setting. So during that period I started thinking about the possibility of creating and action, but in 3D. I talked with my colleagues about my idea, but there was a problem: Mario was an icon/symbol, recognized all over the world, and to realize an as much recognizable videogame I was supposed to create one with Disney characters. When I heard that the directors of both Square and Disney were taking into consideration the possibility of doing something together, I seized the opportunity. I knew I should have, otherwise I would had no other occasions. There is no complex reasoning behind it.

——Did Hironobu Sakaguchi give you any advice in that period?

Nomura: When I started working on the first Kingdom Hearts, Sakaguchi asked me for an advice. He asked what kind of videogame I was intended to create, and I told him that I wanted to realize a simple adventure, at the end of which the main character would have to defeat a witch. He told me it wasn’t a good idea, and that I had to create which also Final Fantasy fans would have loved, so it shouldn’t have been supposed to be that simple. That was the only advice he ever gave to me, and after game’s release I had no feedback from him. Before the release, he only told me: “I don’t need to play your game, because I know it will be well done and funny. You don’t need any suggestion from me”. Sakaguchi is the father of Final Fantasy, the one who built the saga. In our offices there are few who got to know him, and many of the people who today work on Final Fantasy, had no chance to collaborate with him. My generation is probably the last one which had the chance to work with Sakaguchi. Maybe I wasn’t even that sympathetic to him, and I think I was someone difficult to work with, for him. He had many students, and among everyone I was “the weird one”, but I guess I also was the one the only one who inherited his way of doing videogames. Today, although, we’re not in touch anymore, and they might have passed years since we last met.

——Toy Story finally arrived in Kingdom Hearts 3, but elements related to the film of Pixar were already founded in both Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II code. Can you tell us why they weren’t inserted in those games, in the end?

Nomura: I always wanted Toy Story in Kingdom Hearts, and I already hoped to insert a world based on it in the first chapter. For this reason, I asked our staff to create something related to Toy Story, in case we were able to get the OK from the Disney. Sadly no possibility were given to us and so the idea never entered in the development stage.

——Was this connected to the old divergences between Disney and Pixar?

Nomura: We didn’t looked deeper into the motivations related to the licences. We were never given a proper explanation: they simply told us we couldn’t use that material. People thought that the idea of a Toy Story world was an end-stage thing because of the stuff found in the code. However, it is not like that: we prepared those assets just to show them to Disney, in case something could have been made, but we were soon given a no answer, without further motivations.

——The combat system is one of the most characterized elements of Kingdom Hearts, and any chapter introduces different innovations. How difficult was finding the right balance?

Nomura: The combat system is something on which we work until the last development weeks, and the balance is a seriously difficult procedure. We’re there, trying to fix the game at our best. Even the demo which was available weeks ago at the launch event has been modified: after the press had the chance to try the demo, we kept testing and analyzing it. Is something we’ll keep on doing until the very end, but there’s no real correct answer on which is the best battle-system or the best balance: it’s a matter of finding a merging point between what we want to create as developers, and gamers/players wishes.

——In Kingdom Hearts III we are going to see new Pixar-based worlds. How do you choose the settings to insert in the game?

Nomura: By now the series has been going on by a long time, and the fans would be annoyed by visiting the same world each time. So, in Kingdom Hearts III, despite the strictly necessary worlds in terms of lore, we tried to introduce whole new worlds. As I said before for Toy Story, I always desired to put Pixar films in Kingdom Hearts, an this was the best occasion to do so. Regarding the method that we use to select worlds to feature, the procedure is quite linear: I ask my staff to submit new world ideas, as well as related settings and contents. Afterwards, they create design documents and then they show me, so that I can choose the ones which I like the most. There would have been many other Disney and Pixar films that I would like to have in game, but considering the prefixed release date, we have to reduce the worlds to a limited number. In general, the team found easier to search for new ideas working on newer and popular films.

——In each Kingdom Hearts chapter, characters have unique outfits. Is there any particular process behind it?

Nomura: For Sora’s main costume I always had pretty clear ideas on how I want him to appear. I usually arrive to the office with some clothes or accessories photos, or even I directly bring clothes which I bought, saying then to the team “i want this jacket” or “I want this part for the trousers”. Relying on those requests, the team realizes different character designs, then I might fix or directly approve them. For Kingdom Hearts 3, since Sora’s outfit frequently changes based on that specific world, I firstly create a draft about how I would like him to appear in those worlds, then I present the draft to Disney and Pixar’s art directors, acquire their feedback, I apply those and then I propose new drafts. The thing goes on until we’re satisfied.

——Many publishers prefer to announce their projects when the development is in an advanced stage, but games like Kingdom Hearts III and the remake of Final Fantasy VII have been revealed with huge anticipation, creating much expectations by the fans: wouldn’t you prefer to work without having fans pressure from the beginning?

Nomura: Announcing your game to the public is always a difficult choice to take. I understand why some companies awaits longer times and I think it is a good thing for them. However, in our case we receive pressures from fans even when we don’t announce anything. They continuously ask us “are you working on this?”, “why don’t you make a new chapter for this one?”. After the announcement the situation doesn’t change, because they start asking “when will it be available?” or “when will you show a new trailer?”. People are awaiting for new information regardless the game was announced or not. It’s fantastic when we keep it secret as long as possible, but today many important projects are affected by rumors and leaks. I honestly prefer that we officially announce a game of ours despite seeing a leak or a rumor spreading online. Especially when part of the development is given to third part companies, there’s always the risk that external people spreads information and images online. And it is even worse when, during the development, a false rumor spreads online and people start believing to it, and you need to decide about confirming or denying it. Also with Final Fantasy VII remake it happened the same thing: I’m aware of the fact that we announced it very soon, but in the videogame industry the voice about us working to it was spreading already, so we decided to stop keeping it secret and so announcing it.

——With the new E3 trailers you shown in few days a great amount of characters and worlds. A dark version of Aqua, Riku Replica, Frozen and Port Royale worlds but also Ratatouille’s minigames. Aren’t you afraid of showing too much before the game comes out?

Nomura: I assure you there are still a ton of surprises which awaits the fans, and I’m not only referring to the worlds we still haven’t shown. In E3 trailers, there have been some small samples concerning what players will encounter during the adventure: to be fair, we haven’t deepened any of those characters or worlds, but what we revealed is enough to shake fans imagination and curiosity. We will go in deeper details with the next announcements, while there will be things which we’ll keep secret until the end, so to leave players the possibility of discovering them by themselves. I can tell you, however, that many of the characters appeared in the previous chapters will make their return, and there are still many which we still haven’t shown. We kept secret also some characters that will leave fans mouth opened. I’m sure that many people will be even surprised by the trailers which we’re going to show in the next months compared to the ones which we have shown so far.

What are your thoughts on Nomura's reveals on the hidden sides of his team work and their procedures? Be sure to let us know in the comments!

14. Nomura talks about Minigames, Tangled and Frozen worlds in the lastest Famitsu issue

The lastest Famitsu issue of July 21 featured an interview with the director and creator of the Kingdom Hearts saga, Tetsuya Nomura. Nomura had the chance to share new information concerning the Kingdom Hearts III minigames, as well as Tangled and Frozen World. The interview is now fully translated thanks to our member Mio-Chan, and you can check it down below:

Golden frame: Xemnas strongly encourages Sora to resurrect Roxas. Even if Sora knows that the True Organization XIII is trying to use him to bring Roxas back, Sora still want to resurrect him.

White bold text: In order to put some light on the decision regarding the release date, we look deeper into the contents of this announcement and directly asked Mr Tetsuya Nomura [about this]. We also asked about the facts heard at the Media Preview Event held in May.

Small golden text: What is the story behind this change?

——Several announcements have been made at E3, but first about the release date, please tell us the reason why it is deferred.

Nomura: Because KHIII is a big title, we have continued to adjust various parts with their respective departments. Among this, New Year's Holidays restrictions would likely occur in terms of distribution and production, so it was hard to prepare a sufficient organization to release it worldwide. Plus, we would like to have the same timing with affiliates and overseas branch offices, almost releasing at the same time as Japan, so January was preferable and intentional. 
On the other hand, in terms of development progress, it was never a situation that I could afford. Based on these various circumstances, it eventually became a company decision. (Note: You can read Nomura's comments on this matter in the Mobile01, The Verge, and GNN interviews as well.)

——A complex decision indeed. Well then, we will ask now about the trailer and the new information it revealed. Frozen was presented as a new world at last, right?

Nomura: Here, this scene in progress that you see occur at the same time as the movie’s events. The Let It Go segment will appear too. In terms of battle, although Anna and Elsa do not join the party, the creature that Elsa has created with her magic, Marshmallow, will lend you its strength. In the snowy mountains, there is some exploration in the ice labyrinth prepared by Larxene.

——A Pirate of the Caribbean world appeared too, such a surprising announcement!!

Nomura: About the world of Pirate of the Caribbean, we used the movie "At World’s End" as a base. KHIII sets the stage during the third movie of the series, events of the second movie will be summarized. In the second movie “Dead Man’s Chest”, the “box” is a key element to the story as the title mentions it (Note: He is referring to the “Chest”], this time it is linked to the “Black box” that Maleficent and the True Organization XIII are looking for.

—— Is the “Remy’s Delicious Restaurant” scene we saw in the trailer a mini-game?

Nomura: Following Remy’s instructions, you cut the ingredients, you cook them and create a dish, and if you succeed it can give you a status effect. If you fail, it shrivels and burns (laughs).You can play it in Twilight Town, you will to need to gather ingredients you can find in various worlds to make dishes.

—— In the Tangled world, it seems there is a dance mini-game during the dance sequence.

Nomura: It’s a “rhythm” mini-game. Cooking with Remy is one thing, but the staff also wanted to “do this kind of things” for the mini-games. Alternatively, should I leave Mr Yasue (Tai Yasue, Co-director) doing it under the pressure? (laughs). When it comes to our working place, things are basically put in place without stopping.

——Putting 20 different mini-games in the Classic Kingdom surely was your plan Mr Nomura?

Nomura: That’s right. I wanted to put as much as possible (laughs). Even though there are recoils that are handling a lot of titles’ high spec, I had a fondness for this kind of thing from the beginning. Actually, I wanted to make it for each LSI on devices. But since it’s difficult to currently do it, I have implemented it in the game. Each game of the Classic Kingdom are hidden in various worlds, and it’s possible to play them on Sora’s Mobile Portal device.

Very small text at the bottom:
    (In blue) Interview on the Theme Song “Oath”
    (In white) When Mr. Nomura asked about Hikaru Utada's impression of the theme song Chikai, she answered, “For example we can take my first work Hikari which has a very straight forward meaning, but in comparison Chikai doesn’t come as a strong “boom” that sets loose - it’s a complicated composition, I’ve got the feeling of really getting into it when I listen to Chikai repeatedly. It’s such a lovely song.”
    Golden text: Aiming for battles with a wide range of strategies

What are your impressions on those new minigames, and on this new Mobile Portal device? Be sure to let us know in the comments!

15. Kingdom Hearts Recap videos are now avaiable on Square Enix's Japanese YouTube channel

During yesterday, Square Enix published on their japanese YouTube channel the already announced recap videos for the entire Kingdom Hearts saga. The 5 released videos feature a narration by Chirity, which briefly explains the different chapters of the saga, using both Japanese dub and subtitles. No information about any English translations are known at the moment. These videos are each approximately 3 minutes long. However, when speaking to GNN at E3, Nomura had said these recap videos "might last several hours". You can check below for the full list of videos and the related description:

This video shows the departure of Sora for his journey, and recaps Kingdom Hearts story

This video shows the journey of Sora into Castle Oblivion, and recaps Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories story

This video shows the days of Roxas inside the Organization XIII, and recaps Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

This video shows Riku's side of the story, going through the Reverse side of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories

This video goes through Master Xehanorth's plan for the 13 Seeker of Darkness as well as part of Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance

A special promotional campaign will be also take place in Shinjuku. The campaign will continue from June 25th to 1st of July, on the expo area of Marunouchi Subway. You can check here for more details.

Square Enix also announced the the release of those videos through its Twitter account. You can check below for further images released on the official Square Enix website:

book1 book2 book3 book5 book4

16. Exclusive Fabric Poster pre-order bonus available at GameStop

GameStop recently announced its preorder bonus for Kingdom Hearts III, which includes an exclusive Fabric Poster!

KH3 GSPoster bonusLG

Supplies are limited, so be sure to pre-order it soon if you're interested in this exclusive Fabric Poster! We take the chance to remember you that Kingdom Hearts III releases on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer, Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer, and Pirates of the Caribbean trailer!

17. Nomura confirms a recap video is going to be both released this month and in Kingdom Hearts III

During Nomura's interview at E3 2018 with GNN.com, a recap video for the previous Kingdom Hearts saga chapters has been confirmed to be both released this month and in game. You can check below the interview extract thankfully translated by @Protoplasm_png.

Q: For players who haven't played the previous games, will it be difficult to understand the plot?

Nomura: We already made a recap video for players who have not played the game, in order to allow them to know the general plot before playing the game. The Japanese voice recording has been finished and it's going to be released this month. Not only the video will be released on the official website, but it will be included in the game as well. Because there are many games and plot to cover, despite it's going to be a recap video, it might last for several hours.

Q: Are there any possibilities for a chinese version/localization?

Nomura: We are still actively discussing about the possibility of a chinese localization.

Nomura also confirmed in a Famitsu interview that the video will also feature Chirity's narration (thanks to @keytotruth for the translations):

Nomura: Well, there are a lot of characters and relationships. If we stopped explaining everything in the game, the story wouldn't move forward. So, we're making preparations in our official website for people who want to catch up with the lore. We're condensing all of the story into 5 "episodes" that will have Chirithy narrating the events, also to make it easier to understand. We will make it public shortly after E3 is done. After watching these movies, I hope you get the time to play the HD ReMIXes.

What do you think about an official recap video to be released for the first time? Are you going to watch it? Don't forget that Kingdom Hearts III releases on both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer, Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer, and Pirates of the Caribbean trailer!

18. Nomura hints to Aqua's possible rescue and Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III; talks about original worlds' playability and the new Princesses of Heart

During E3 2018, Tetsuya Nomura, the Kingdom Hearts saga director and creator, had the chance to be interviewed by GNN.com on the new chapter of the saga, Kingdom Hearts III.

You can check below for the fully translated interview (thanks greatly to @Protoplasm_png, and our KHUχ Team Leader faemarch):

Q: The Kingdom Hearts series had already reached its third main instalment; will Sora's story end here?

Nomura: Sora's story will not end here; however, this part of the story that lasted 15 years since the first instalment (KH1) that involves the fight against Xehanort will be wrapped up in KH3.
    Q: Kingdom Hearts III had been in production for a very long time. May I know the reason behind it?

Nomura: There are two main reasons. After the production had begun for about a year, the officials requested a change of the game engine, hence we had to start from scratch. That is one of the reasons. Another reason being there were some internal changes with the team working on the game, therefore we were unable to meet the original [intended] date of release for KH3. (Note: You can read Nomura's comments on this matter in this interview as well.)

Q: Towards the end of the new trailer, Aqua had appeared. Does that mean the other two characters from ‘Birth By Sleep’, Terra and Ventus, will make their appearance as well?

Nomura: Generally speaking, in KH3 most of the main characters from all previous instalments will make their appearance.

Q: In the trailer it appears that Aqua has signs of being affected by the darkness. Fans are very concerned about it.

Nomura: As of now we cannot reveal the reason why Aqua is now in that state. However, that does not mean there are no chances of rescuing her, for that part it depends on the hard work of the players.

Q: There are many vehicles in the new trailer, will there be more in the game?

Nomura: In KH3, Sora has many special attacks, and the transport systems are one of them. It’s just like games with theme park setting, they will always have that element. The transports are mainly for ‘attacking’ and not ‘transporting’. Different worlds will have different transport systems, for example in ‘Toy Story’ world there are robots for the player to ride on. However, in ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’, the pirate ship’s sole function is just transporting the player. (Note: This seems to contradict our traslations of Nomura's previous statement about the Black Pearl; also, in the trailer you can use the ship during ship battles.)

Q: Until now only a lot of Disney characters had showed up- Will there be any appearance of new ‘Final Fantasy’ characters?

Nomura: About the characters that have not showed up in the trailer, for now I cannot answer... The characters from ‘Final Fantasy’ require special care, as the characters are very unique. Hence it is difficult to portray how FF characters will communicate with the other characters in the game. However, please look forward to how the FF characters show up in the game.

Q: ‘Star Wars’ and ‘Marvel’ are under Disney branding now, so will the characters from those franchise appear in KH3?

Nomura: They are under Disney, but they are not Disney’s original work, therefore they will not make any appearances.

Q: Characters from ‘Frozen’ were announced in the recent trailer. What kind of role will they play?

Nomura: I believe that the appearance of ‘Frozen’ in KH3 had mad many fans happy as ‘Frozen’ is quite demanded among the fans. However, due to the popularity of ‘Frozen’, there are many factors/details which we have to take extra care of. The plot will be roughly the same as the movie as adding original KH elements into the ‘Frozen’ world would be difficult. We will be using the original world/story in ‘Frozen’, and add a little element from KH. Although we cannot talk about the gameplay, but basically the original parts could be in some mini-games, such as stepping on a high-flying shield and sledding across the snow [with it], etc.
    Q: In KH3 how many original worlds will show up?

Nomura: There are two categories for original worlds, which are ‘those that players can go to’ and ‘those that players cannot visit’. In this trailer, the place where Axel (Note: Lea...?) and Kairi spoke is a place where the players cannot go/explore. For original worlds... There are places where it will only appear for a while... Actually, there are many that will be showing up. Seems like I cannot reveal too much now.

Q: In the trailer, ‘Wreck it Ralph’ is being shown as a summon, are there any chances of it having its own world?

Nomura: For the worlds that have not been revealed so far, I cannot provide a solid answer.

Q: In the previous games, the seven princesses that represents light have a big role in the plot. In this trailer, the ‘New Seven Hearts’ is being mentioned, but no gender is specified. Is it possible that there will be any male characters?

Nomura: ...There isn’t. Because there are many factors to considerate, there are no males.

What were your impressions of this interview?

19. Tetsuya Nomura is putting equal efforts in both Kingdom Hearts III and FFVII Remake

Tetsuya Nomura, the game director of the Kingdom Hearts saga, recently confirmed, during an interview at the E3 with The Verge that he and the whole team are putting "equal efforts" into both Final Fantasy VII Remake and Kingdom Hearts III, as both projects are being developed in parallel.

“We are developing [Final Fantasy VII] in parallel, and it’s not just in the early concept stages, we are actually in development"

He precises:

"So right now, it’s like I’ve been putting in 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts, 100 percent into Final Fantasy VII, 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts... just going back and forth, it’s just like [working on] two titles is just going to be one [after Kingdom Hearts III’s launch]. That’s pretty much how I see it"

Concerning the release date issue that recently came out, according to Nomura the game wasn't delayed because it needed more time:

“We were told by many people, including hardware manufacturers, sales teams, marketing teams, that it just wasn’t good timing in the year," - and when Square Enix pondered the “very tail end” of 2018, the holiday season became another possible problem - “For Kingdom Hearts III, the Western offices requested to release the game as simultaneously as possible between Japan and America, so we no longer were able to just think about Japanese issues and retail situations,”

The company then had to factor possibilities of retailers in specific regions closing early or offering limited sales hours:

“When we looked toward that, we were told that the best timing after all of that would be the tail end of January,” Nomura says. “We of course considered maybe speeding up the development to release earlier than we were told that it wasn’t good, but the development team said, no, we can’t do that. We could delay it, but we can’t make it any sooner. If we are to also potentially delay the release date, then we could have that extra time to work on the game a little more. It kind of just all worked together for us to decide on this date.”

Last but not least, he says that he owes a lot to his fans, which keeps him motivated to keep on going creating:

“I actually don’t like human relationships more than just work, so I just want to focus on work and creating things, if I don’t have to deal with human relationships. It’s actually a little bit easier for me to do than not working.” - also - “I do need fans to play my games, to be able to create it, and so fans are definitely a factor to motivate me to keep on going.”

We want to remember you that Kingdom Hearts III is going to be released in January 25th 2019 in Japan and Worldwide in January 29th 2019. Be sure to keep following our E3 2018 coverage on our site and on all our social medias (Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr)!

20. Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures have been announced

Two Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition and Bring Arts Figures have been announced via press release!

You can pre-order it from the North America store here.

You can pre-order it from the Europe store here.
    Read the press release for this product below.

KINGDOM HEARTS III COMING TO XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION®4 ON JANUARY 29

New E3 2018 Cinematic Trailer Reveals Beloved Disney World of Frozen

LOS ANGELES (June 11, 2018) – In advance of the E3 2018, at the KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra - World Tour -, SQUARE ENIX® and Disney announced that the highly anticipated action RPG, KINGDOM HEARTS IIIwill launch on January 29, 2019.

“With the release set for next January, I apologize for having to ask for a little more time than what was previously announced” said Director, Tetsuya Nomura. “The entire development team is pouring their love for the franchise into KINGDOM HEARTS III and is striving to create a game that all players will enjoy. We are currently at the last stages of development but will work tirelessly until the end to deliver the very best KINGDOM HEARTS game to date.”

In addition, SQUARE ENIX showcased the enchanted world of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen at the Xbox E3 briefing. The new trailer transports viewers through the familiar frosty landscapes of Arendelle alongside Queen Elsa.

“I have been so impressed working with the KINGDOM HEARTS’ team. Their artistic commitment and attention to detail creating the world of our films is truly extraordinary. It's been a great partnership,” said Roy Conli, Academy Award®-winning producer, Walt Disney Animation Studios.

“In KINGDOM HEARTS III, we are excited that players will have a chance to explore an entirely new adventure set in the world of Frozen,” said Peter Del Vecho, Academy Award®-winning producer, Walt Disney Animation Studios. “It has been such a pleasure to work alongside their creative team to painstakingly recreate the look and feel of our world and watch them bring our beloved Frozen characters to life.”

In addition to the Frozen announcement trailer, Square Enix released an additional gameplay video, showcasing new footage from the previously released Toy Story, Hercules and Tangled areas: https://youtu.be/GWlKEM3m2EE.

KINGDOM HEARTS III will be available for digital pre-order on Microsoft Store and PlayStation®Store. SQUARE ENIX also revealed the special editions including:

• Deluxe Edition - $79.99
    • Exclusive steelbook packaging
    • Mini art book with concept artwork by Tetsuya Nomura
    • Collectible KINGDOM HEARTS III pin

• Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures - The KINGDOM HEARTS III Deluxe Edition and Bring Arts Sora, Donald, and Goofy Set bundled separately will be available in limited quantities for $229.99. Fans can now preorder the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 system versions exclusively from the SQUARE ENIX Online Store.

[UPDATE] June 11: The Square Enix Products Facebook has unveiled new images for the Bring Arts Figures.

Bring Arts promo 1 Bring Arts promo 2 FREE ITEM117 FREE ITEM118 FREE ITEM119 FREE ITEM120 bring 1 bring 2 bring 3

What do you think of those two deluxe editions? Will you buy one of them? Let us know in the comments below!

Kingdom Hearts III releases on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 25, 2019 in Japan, and January 29, 2019 to the rest of the world. You can now watch the latest Frozen trailer and Square Enix E3 Showcase trailer!

Be sure to follow our continuing coverage on the E3 2018 and our live updates on Twitter!

21. Coverage: Kingdom Hearts III at E3 2018

Welcome to our live coverage for E3 2018! The conferences will be held during the business days and will be open to the public from June 12th to the 14th.

Square Enix will host their showcase on Monday, June 11th at 10:00 AM PDT [1:00 PM EDT/6:00 PM GMT], and will be shown exclusively online on Square Enix's Youtube, Twitch, Mixer, Twitter, and Facebook. Also, our news team members Raxaimus and Toominator will be present at the event!

This will be more likely the chance for a release date announcement and a whole lot of other stuff to come out, so don’t forget to keep following our Coverage Article here on KH13.com and on our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr). Stay tuned!

Twitter| Facebook | Tumblr

Kingdom Hearts III Release Date

<3 <3 <3

Japan: January 25, 2019

Worldwide: January 29, 2019

Kingdom Hearts III - E3 2018 Frozen Trailer (English)

<3 <3 <3

Kingdom Hearts III - Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018 Trailer

<3 <3 <3

Kingdom Hearts III - E3 2018 Trailer Vol. 1 (Japanese)

<3 <3 <3

Kingdom Hearts III - E3 2018 Trailer Vol. 2 (Japanese)

<3 <3 <3

Kingdom Hearts III - E3 Pirates of the Caribbean Trailer (English)

<3 <3 <3

Kingdom Hearts III - E3 2018 Trailer Vol. 3 (Japanese)

<3 <3 <3

Articles

<3 <3 <3

- Frozen confirmed as a world for Kingdom Hearts III

- New Kingdom Hearts III trailer at Microsoft’s E3 2018 Presentation featuring new worlds, characters, summons, and more

- New Kingdom Hearts III trailer shown at the Square Enix E3 Showcase

- Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures have been announced

- Promotional pictures including Sora, Donald, and Goofy's recent renders shown off on Microsoft, PlayStation, and Kingdom Hearts websites

- Square Enix Presents 2018 Confirmed. Three Day Livestream To Have Kingdom Hearts Content

- New Kingdom Hearts III Trailer at the Sony E3 Showcase 2018

- Limited Kingdom Hearts III Playstation 4 Pro Revealed at Sony E3 Showcase

- Kairi's Kingdom Hearts III Design Revealed

- Kingdom Hearts All-In-One Package digital bundle available for pre-order at the Japan and US PlayStation Store for $99.99

- Kingdom Hearts III will be featured on Playstation Live at E3 2018 on Tuesday

- Pirates of the Caribbean returning for Kingdom Hearts III

- New Kingdom Hearts III renders revealed, including Sora, Donald, and Goofy in their pirate outfits

- Game Informer interviews Nomura about DLC, Ratatouille, and big reveals

- All-in-One Kingdom Hearts Bundle Announced at the Sony Press Conference 2018

- Nomura says Kingdom Hearts III's delay was an attempt to release the game "as simultaneously as possible"

- Gameplay of Big Hero 6 in Kingdom Hearts III is complete; cutscenes are not completed yet

- No DLC planned after Kingdom Hearts III's release yet, but outfit customization could be considered; Microsoft not yet approached about Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 on Xbox One

- Nomura says Kingdom Hearts doesn't need as much from Final Fantasy characters as it did before

- Kingdom Hearts III might release with only Japanese and English dubs according to IGN France

- Nomura talks vertical gameplay, Disney Attractions, and Roxas in Kingdom Hearts III

- Kingdom Hearts III Now Available for Digital Pre-order on the PS4 and Xbox Store

- Star Wars and Marvel characters unlikely to appear in Kingdom Hearts III as they are not Disney originals

- Tetsuya Nomura's take on whether Kingdom Hearts III is the End of Sora's Story

- Tetsuya Nomura is putting equal efforts in both Kingdom Hearts III and FFVII Remake

- Nomura hints to Aqua's possible rescue and Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts III; talks about original worlds' playability and the new Princesses of Heart

- Nomura confirms a recap video is going to be both released this month and in Kingdom Hearts III

- Analysis: Kingdom Hearts III E3 2018 Pirates of the Caribbean Trailer

- Nomura empathizes more with Xehanort than Sora and has difficulty keeping track of the many characters, but is confident that Kingdom Hearts III "is a good game"

- Nomura talks about "Let It Go", the gameplay of Arendelle and The Caribbean, the new Princesses of Heart and Situation Commands in Kingdom Hearts III

- Kingdom Hearts III demo is not planned for public release, but will be available at Tokyo Game Show 2018

- Amazon Japan exclusive PS4 theme available for pre-order

- Exclusive Fabric Poster pre-order bonus available at GameStop

- Famitsu to feature Kingdom Hearts III: Nomura comments on secret movie, capacity storage, Final Mix, and more

Updates

<3 <3 <3

Pre-E3
    May 25th: Kingdom Hearts III Demo to be available at E3 2018!
    June 11th - 02:40 PM PDT: Josh Gad has confirmed he will be reprising his role as Olaf in Kingdom Hearts III!

Sunday: Microsoft Conference
    June 10th - 2:30 PM PDT: Kingdom Hearts III Trailer released!
    June 10th - 2:35 PM PDT: Frozen has been confirmed as a world for Kingdom Hearts III!

Sunday: Youtube Live at E3
    June 10th - 4:00 PM PDT: The section of Youtube Live at E3 featuring Kingdom Hearts III will be starting at 4:00 PM PDT!
    June 10th - 4:01 PM PDT: Senior Marketing Manager for Kingdom Hearts speaking with Geoff Keighley!
    June 10th - 4:03 PM PDT: There could... potentially... be more Kingdom Hearts III news at tomorrow's conference!
    June 10th - 4:05 PM PDT: Nomura is very methodical on how he wants to deliver the worlds announcements, he just knows a 6th senseon giving the audience what they want.
    June 10th - 4:07 PM PDT The English voice acting is incredible Geoff Keigley says. Brendan: Haley Joel Osment is continuing his journey with Sora.
    June 10th - 4:08 PM PDT Nomura is coming to E3! He will be "popping around"!
    June 10th - 4:10 PM PDT They discussed recent trailers, and the Toy Box and Olympus Coliseum demos that will be playable at the SE booth at E3!
    June 10th - 4:10 PM PDT This concludes Kingdom Hearts III at Youtube Live at E3. We will see you Monday for continued live coverage of Kingdom Hearts III during the Square Enix Press Conference starting at 10:00 AM PDT!

Monday: Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018
    June 11th - 10:00 AM PDT: The Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018 just begun!
    June 11th - 10:02 AM PDT: The SE Showcase has begun with Matsuda introducing!
    June 11th - 10:25 AM PDT: Kingdom Hearts III has finally appeared!
    June 11th - 10:29 AM PDT: More gameplay footage and cutscenes have been released!
    June 11th - 10:31 AM PDT: Kairi, Axel, and the Twilight Gang appear in the Showcase Trailer!
    June 11th - 10:36 AM PDT: The Showcase Trailer has been uploaded to Youtube!
    June 11th - 10:53 AM PDT: The Showcase Trailer is a mash-up of the Orchestra and first E3 trailer
    June 11th - 11:19 AM PDT: Remy from Ratatouille appears in the Showcase Trailer!
    June 11th - 11:31 AM PDT: Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Edition + Bring Arts Figures have been announced!
    June 11th - 12:08 PM PDT: Square Enix gets ready for IGN Live E3 2018
    June 11th - 12:10 PM PDT: Square Enix and IGN discuss KH3 on IGN Live E3 2018
    June 11th - 12:11 PM PDT: Square Enix trying to engage new fans via Xbox One release
    June 11th - 12:13 PM PDT: Sora is now more dynamic and agile due to experimentation from the handhelds!
    June 11th - 12:16 PM PDT: The Kingdom Hearts III segment of IGN Live E3 2018 has concluded!
    June 11th - 12:48 PM PDT: Ratatouille segment of the Showcase Trailer confirmed to be a mini-game
    June 11th - 1:00 PM PDT: Square Enix Store NA has opened pre-orders for keychains of Sora's and Riku's new Keyblades!
    June 11th - 1:12 PM PDT: New promotional pictures featuring Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Riku uploaded to Microsoft and Playstation websites!
    June 11th - 1:23 PM PDT: The Kingdom Hearts has uploaded the Showcase Trailer!
    June 11th - 1:25 PM PDT: Famitsu confirms Ratatouille mini-game!
    June 11th - 1:48 PM PDT: The Kingdom Hearts website has updated their header with new renders of Sora, Donald, and Goofy
    June 11th - 1:55 PM PDT: Roy Conli from Disney Animation praises the KH Team on their work!
    June 11th - 2:03 PM PDT: Peter Del Vecho (Frozen Producer) talks about Kingdom Hearts III
    June 11th - 3:02 PM PDT: Square Enix Presents schedule released. Kingdom Hearts to be talked about on Day 3
    June 11th - 3:19 PM PDT: Additional photos of the Bring Arts Figures in the Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition released!

Monday: Sony Playstation Showcase 2018
    June 11 - 6:00 PM PDT: Sony Playstation Showcase has begun!
    June 11 - 6:57 PM PDT: Pirates of the Caribbean shown as a new world in KH3!
    June 11 - 7:00 PM PDT: Kingdom Hearts All-in-One Package Announced!
    June 11 - 7:01 PM PDT: A limited edition Kingdom Hearts III PS4 Pro announced!
    June 11 - 7:05 PM PDT: E3 2018 Pirates of the Caribbean Trailer uploaded onto Youtube!
    June 11 - 7:13 PM PDT: The Playstation E3 Showcase concluded!

Tuesday: Nintendo Direct at E3 2018
    June 11 - 9:00 AM PDT: @Churroz found a Kingdom Hearts III banner at E3!
    June 11 - 9:00 AM PDT: Nintendo Direct at E3 2018 should be starting!

Tuesday: E3 Show Floor Day 1
    June 11 - 9:11 AM PDT: KH13 Staff Raximus and Toominator entered the show floor!
    June 11 - 12:14 PM PDT: E3 Demo shows noticeable improvements over the Premier Event Demo
    June 11 - 12:18 PM PDT: The KH3 Demo area has an amazing theme!
    June 11 - 12:23 PM PDT: Attractions and Transformations appear less often in the E3 Demo!
    June 11 - 12:32 PM PDT: KH13 Staff Raximus and Toominator tweet about KH3's presence in E3!
    June 11 - 12:33 PM PDT: Young Xehanort comparisons from D23 2017 to E3 2018!

Tuesday: PlayStation Live at E3 2018
    June 11 - 2:15 PM PDT: The Kingdom Hearts III feature at PlayStation Live should be starting!
    June 11 - 2:19 PM PDT: The KH3 Developer Interview at PlayStation Live has started!
    June 11 - 2:20 PM PDT: KH3's title is considered the epilogue of the Dark Seeker Saga!
    June 11 - 2:21 PM PDT: Olympus gameplay is being shown!
    June 11 - 2:22 PM PDT: The All-in-One Package is being talked, as well as its pre-order bonuses!
    June 11 - 2:23 PM PDT: The new worlds are being discussed!
    June 11 - 2:25 PM PDT: Attractions and how to use them in KH3 are discussed!
    June 11 - 2:25 PM PDT: Press left and right to switch between three Keyblades!
    June 11 - 2:27 PM PDT: Donald and Goofy's AI has been improved!
    June 11 - 2:27 PM PDT: A quote on how Toybox looks the Toy Story movies!
    June 11 - 2:29 PM PDT: The passionate Kingdom Hearts fanbase is acknowledged!
    June 11 - 2:29 PM PDT: The KH3 booth at E3 has a photo op with a real Kingdom Key!
    June 11 - 2:30 PM PDT: The KH3 section of Playstation Live has ended!

Tuesday: E3 Show Floor Day 1 (Cont.)
    June 13 - 2:36 PM PDT: KH3 has already won Momocon E3 Choice 2018 Game Award, and nominated by IGN for Best of E3 and is also a candidate for Unreal E3 Awards 2018!
    June 13 - 2:56 PM PDT: Takeo Kujiraoka (Dissidia Final Fantasy director) and Ichirou Hazama (producer) have stated: “KH3 is terrific!"
    June 13 - 8:17 PM PDT: GameInformer interviewed Nomura about potential DLC in KH3
    June 13: More features are coming to gummi ships in Kingdom Hearts III!

Thursday: E3 Show Floor Day 2
    June 14: The Kingdom Hearts III Live Demo has begun!
    June 14: Right now, they are replaying the Frozen Trailer shown at Xbox's Press Conference
    June 14: Strawberry17 is one of the guests on stage
    June 14: They are talking about the release date, which was announced during the KHO and the Xbox conference.
    June 14: Right now they are talking about how the Kingdom Hearts team read and watch the reactions from the fans.
    June 14: The Kingdom Hearts III Premium Demo is being shown now. They are showing off the Tox Box. Cutscenes are also being shown.
    June 14: The opening scene of the Toy Box is now being shown.
    June 14: Rex is obviously the fanboy of the group.
    June 14: The demo is continuing outside of Andy's house.
    June 14: Young Xehanort has appeared in Galaxy Toys.
    June 14: They are now showing off the Gigas battle with instructions.
    June 14: The Olympus section is now being shown.
    June 14: Meow Wow summon is now being shown.
    June 14: "Look out!" Big Magic Mountain Attraction Flow being shown now.
    June 14: Some of the questions that were being asked in the Twitch comments were informations about the PS4 Pro Limited Edition and a public edition. Sadly, none could be answered at this time.
    June 14: When asked about a soundtrack: "It's a secret."
    June 14: The Kingdom Hearts III Live Demo has ended.

Gallery

<3 <3 <3

2 12 13 44 KH3 990x477 22 Senza titolo 1 122 145 14 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.37.52 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.38.46 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.38.51 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.38.52 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.38.53 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.06 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.15 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.28 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.30 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.32 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.33 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.35 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.37 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.39.38 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.10 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.14 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.20 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.22 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.30 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.32 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.39 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 18.40.52 4 Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.21.30 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.22.52 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.23.44 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.28.46 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.29.31 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.30.08 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.30.24 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.30.47 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.31.01 PM Screen Shot 2018 06 11 At 7.31.12 PM

image (1)

444 333

Shooting Star Keychain 1 Shooting Star Keychain 2 Braveheart Keychain 1 Braveheart Keychain 2

tres header

KH3 E32018 Character Ana KH3 E32018 Character Barbosa KH3 E32018 Character Caribbean Donald KH3 E32018 Character Caribbean Goofy KH3 E32018 Character Caribbean Sora KH3 E32018 Character Elizabeth KH3 E32018 Character Elsa KH3 E32018 Character Jack KH3 E32018 Character Kairi KH3 E32018 Character Olaf KH3 E32018 Character Will

KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle01 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle02 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle03 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle04 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle05 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle06 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle07 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle08 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle09 KH3 E32018 Screenshot battle10 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event01 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event02 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event03 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event04 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event05 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event06 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event07 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event08 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event09 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event10 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event11 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event12 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event13 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event14 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event15 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event16 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event17 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event18 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event19 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event20 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event21 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event22 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event23 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event24 KH3 E32018 Screenshot event25 KH3 E32018 Screenshot gumi01 KH3 E32018 Screenshot gumi02 KH3_E32018_Screenshot_minigame01.jpg

1 ITEM IMAGE2 Dfdac tU8AEgsPL 20180612 ps4pro 02 20180612 ps4pro 03

ITEM IMAGE2 FREE ITEM114 FREE ITEM115 FREE ITEM116 FREE ITEM117

Bring Arts promo 1 Bring Arts promo 2 FREE ITEM117 FREE ITEM118 FREE ITEM119 FREE ITEM120 bring 1 bring 2 bring 3

img1 Bg Sp Bg Pc Bg Sp (1) Bg sp(2) Bg Pc (1) Bg Sp (2) Bg Sp (3) Bg Pc (2) Bg Sp (5) Bg Sp (6) Bg Sp (7) Bg Sp (4) Bg Sp

18D97600 FD56 4A68 A9F2 60C92FB590A9 462D8530 C74F 44A4 9873 6787E7F9EFD0 D15B566A 90E5 4DA0 8BF7 141628479DDB 0628ED1E 6810 43CA B5D9 1246217A93FA I4 Pic Pc I5 Pic Pc shop 7netp Pc shop estore long Pc

logo characters logo 1 characters 1 logo 2 characters 2 logo characters Kingdom Of Corona

Theme Keyblade 81Ui2I15ElL. SL1500

10 DfgnO6EU8AAeYe2 DfgnOHGUEAAFy02 DfgnPrGU8AA  Y8 DfgnjQ2UwAAKiXs DfgnV4vV4AAY654 DfgofQ6V4AE LYV DfgoKCVVQAAVPlC DfgpHb2V4AAdElU DfgnE KUwAA0rLG DfgnE8BVQAARnov DfgnE8FUwAAwYeo Dfgnl qUcAEzUbn Dfgnl rUYAA6grb DfgsVQhVMAcvTPV DfgsVxGUwAEef38 Dfgt KKUEAAV 5d Dfgv3RYV4AAlVmJ Dfgv4IkUwAEaicd DfgwILPV4AAqFLs Dfg5QgCVQAAagGu Dfg81y0V4AI HTr Dfg7xqoVMAArVVg Dfj0bUEWAAADgoS Dfj0bUGW0AUlguF Dfj0bUHW0AECtfy Dfgt9heU0AAwcbG Dfgt9hfU8AAWkhQ Dfgt9hfVMAE9GrE Dfgt9hiVMAAp33c Dfh3wjzUcAAPE U Dfh3xo VAAE6 3c DfhYDRqWsAEcUus DfnGszpVAAAxg U DfnGszpUYAAEcRP DfnGszoV4AE0D T DfnGszfVQAAs0tb Dfn5Y bVMAE1in5

22. Kaoru Wada hints to two new arranged songs for upcoming Kingdom Hearts Orchestra

Kaoru Wada, the composer who worked for both "Hikari - Orchestra" and "Passion - Orchestra" and also for the previous Kingdom Hearts Orchestra concerts arrangements, teased through his Facebook account that two new songs will be revealed during the performance in Los Angeles, which is also going to be the premiere of the entire tour.

Following, the Facebook post which Mr. Wada wrote:

[ Second Round KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour- ]

Starting on the 9th this week at Los Angeles, the second round of KINGDOM HEARTS Orchestra -World Tour- begins!

19 of the concerts will take place in 8 countries such as USA, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Korea, and Mexico. Unfortunately there’s no concert in Japan. (ToT)

Since Los Angeles will be the premiere of the tour, I will be present during the rehearsal and concert with composer Yoko Shimomura as well as others. I’ve steadily prepared for two newly arranged songs for this tour. (^ o ^) …

I can’t spend much time in LA but I’d like to experience plenty of the Disney atmosphere.

♫ KINGDOM HEARTS fans around the world, please wait a bit more~ (^ o ^) /

Actually, the official list set up for the Orchestra consists in seventeen tracks, and it is still unknown if will also feature those two newly teased tracks (which are presumably also going to be part of Kingdom Hearts III).

• HIKARI -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-
    • Dearly Beloved -KINGDOM HEARTS II Ver.-
    • Destati
    • Organization XIII
    • Twinkle Twinkle Holidays
    • Treasured Memories
    • The World of KINGDOM HEARTS
    • Fate of the Unknown
    • Threats of the Land: KINGDOM HEARTS Battle Medley
    • Heroes and Heroines: Characters' Medley
    • Lazy Afternoons~At Dusk, I Will Think of You…
    • Vector to the Heavens
    • Wave of Darkness
    • Daybreak Town: The Heart of X
    • The Other Promise
    • Let Darkness Assemble: Final Boss Battle Medley
    • Passions -KINGDOM Orchestra Instrumental Version-

We want to remember that Kingdom Hearts -World Tour- will be starting in June 9th, in Los Angeles. Here you can see all the avaiable dates.

Will you be able to attend at any of the tour stages and then listen to those two new and mysterious tracks? Let us know in the comment section below!

23. Schedule released for the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]: Dandelion Meeting

Square Enix has recently updated the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] site releasing the complete schedule for the Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross]: Dandelion Meeting event that will take place on April 15th in Anaheim, as well as all the related FAQs.

​You can view the complete schedule and FAQs below:

Schedule Overview (all times in PDT):

• 11:30 AM: Check-in Begins
    • 1:00 PM: Doors Open / Event Start
    • 2:00 PM: Opening Remarks
    • 3:00 PM: KINGDOM HEARTS Union &chi;[Cross] Designer Panel:
    • 6:00 PM: KINGDOM HEARTS Union &chi;[Cross] Developer Panel with Franchise Director Tetsuya Nomura
    • 8:00 PM: Event Close
    Entry & Exit:
    • Ticket Availability
      • This event is completely sold out and there will be no extra tickets available for purchase at the door, so only those who already have tickets should come.
    • Checking In
      • Check in will begin near the entrance to the House of Blues starting at 11:30 AM. You will need to present the QR code for your ticket to receive a wristband. You may bring a paper print-out of the code, or show the code on a digital device, such as a smartphone.
    • Entering and Exiting the Venue
      • Upon checking in, you will receive a wristband that will allow you to exit and re-enter the venue for the duration of the event as long as it is on your wrist.Once you have had a wristband attached, do not take it off unless you are ready to leave the venue and not return. Once a wristband has been removed, it will no longer be valid for re-entry.
    • Gift bags
      • Each attendee will receive a bag containing a special assortment of presents to commemorate the Dandelion Meeting! In order to claim your bag, please turn in your wristband at the check-in table when you leave.
    Prohibited Items:
    • Drugs and alcohol, pepper spray and other weapons, outside food and drinks, and other items at management discretion are prohibited.
    • Animals (excluding certified service animals) are not allowed in the venue.
    FAQS (Updated Apr. 9, 2018)
    • What is the policy for photographs at the event?
      • We encourage all guests to share the excitement of the event on social media. Photography of the venue and event activities is permitted, but please be mindful of other guests when taking photos.
      • To respect the privacy of our guests and employees, please refrain from taking photographs or video of anyone without their express permission.
      • Photography of the stage is not permitted during panel sessions.
    • Will there be a merchandise booth?
      • Yes, there will be a dedicated booth selling select KINGDOM HEARTS merchandise.
    • Will there be an opportunity for fans who can't make it to the event to still take part via a livestream?
      • Unfortunately, the event will not be livestreamed.
    • Will there be photo opportunities with the development team?
      • Unfortunately, there will be no official photo opportunities during the event.
    • Will there be a signing session with the development team?
      • Unfortunately, we will not hold any official signing sessions during the event.
    • Is cosplay allowed? Does the venue have limitations on costume sizes/weapons?
      • Guests are free to attend in cosplay, but please ensure that any costumes or props will not act as a hindrance to any other guests or disrupt flow of movement. Please be reminded that no sharp objects or weapons are permitted, and you may be asked to check-in any potentially hazardous objects prior to entry.
      • Please review the House of Blues website for additional rules and restrictions
    • Where can guests park?
      • The GardenWalk self-parking structure has two entrances conveniently located on Disney Way and Katella Avenue between Harbor Blvd. and Clementine Street. The venue is easily accessible from any level in the parking garage (including ADA accessibility). For more information, visit https://anaheimgardenwalk.com/parking/
    • Where can a guest be dropped off at GardenWalk?
      • Guest drop off is available at the Valet Circle accessible from the Disney Way entrance.
    • Will there be food and drinks available at the venue?
      • Water and soft drinks will be available for purchase inside the venue, and a number of restaurants and eateries are within walking distance within the Anaheim GardenWalk plaza.
    • Is there Wi-Fi at the venue?
      • We plan to have Wi-Fi available at the venue. Unfortunately there are no charging stations, so make sure your phones are fully charged before!
    • What if I have other questions about the venue?
      • If you have any other questions about the venue, including any questions about venue rules or policies, please review the House of Blues website (including the House of Blues FAQ and Safety pages) or contact House of Blues directly
    NOTES:
    • Tickets available only for those residing in North and South America (including American states and territories) and the Caribbean.
    • Any minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
    • Limit of 2 tickets per person to allow everyone a fair chance at attending.
    • A valid photo ID that matches registered name will be required at entry. Tickets are not transferable.
    • All ticket sales are final; no refunds will be granted.
    • You agree to comply with all venue rules, terms, and conditions; all posted signs and instructions at the event; and all event and venue staff instructions.
    • Photography and audio and video recording may occur at the event; you hereby consent to being photographed and/or recorded at the event and to the public use of such photographs and recordings.
    • Only those who are present for the event will be eligible to receive any gifts distributed at the event

The event will feature the presence of Kingdom Hearts series director, Tetsuya Nomura, along with several other developers. Tickets for the event are already sold out.

Will you be attending the event? Don't forget to keep following KH13.com social media, to get updated on our live coverage as soon as the event starts!

24. Actor Drake Bell hints toward a potential role as Young Master Eraqus in Kingdom Hearts III

Drake Bell, an American singer and actor, recently hinted with two retweets that he is apparently going to take the role of Young Master Eraqus, concerning the voice recording of Kingdom Hearts III.

Posted Image

Recently, James Woods, the voice actor for Hades, also confirmed through his Twitter account that he was working on a new Kingdom Hearts game. In addition, a rumor recently surfaced which involved the Spanish voice actors of Hiro and Baymax in Big Hero 6, hinting toward the possibility of them being involved with Kingdom Hearts III.

Do you think there are soon going to be new reveals about Kingdom Hearts III voice actors? Share your opinion with us in the comment section below!

25. HT Nerdette hints at a possible new Kingdom Hearts exclusive Funko figure

Hot Topic recently streamed on their Twitter a Periscope, featuring the unboxing by HT Nerdette of never before seen Funko Pop! and other exclusive figures. The unboxing video also reveals the possibility of a new exclusive Kingdom Hearts Funko Pop:

(5:37)
    Speaker: Any Kingdom Hearts exclusive soon?

HT Nerdette: It depends on your definition of soon... *laughs*. Like soon is in this year, or... *interrupts*

Funko Pop is also known for releasing a great number of Kingdom Hearts figures, with the most recent one being Hooded King Mickey, released to public the November 27th 2017.

Do you think a new collection of Kingdom Hearts Funko is being planned, and if so, which characters will they feature this time? Let us know in the comment section below!