Poll of the Day
Recent Status Updates
Welp. Atlus might not be releasing Persona 5 in Europe. DAD! GET THE SHOTGUN! I'M GOING ATLUS HUNTING!
wow 2.5 advertisment are everywhere Σ(゜ロ゜;)
Eyes on fire
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX
Platform: PlayStation®3 system
Developer: Square Enix
Available: December 5, 2014
KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is a fully remastered HD compilation of KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX and KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX. Previously exclusive to Japan, both games will be available for the first time in Europe and PAL territories for the PlayStation®3 system. Theatrical cut-scenes from KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will also be included in the compilation.
The game is a follow-up to last year’s KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX and will also lead into the highly anticipated KINGDOM HEARTS III.
The update also includes some small details about the HD Cinematic Story Videos, some old, some new. We have translated these for you below, and bolded the newly announced details.
- The Re:coded HD Cinematic Story Videos will contain about 1 hour of cutscenes that were in the original Kingdom Hearts Re:coded on the Nintendo DS, and 2 hours of new material.
- A "character encyclopedia" is available if you want to learn more about the story.
- A custom PS3 theme will be unlocked after watching!
- Trophies will be earnt for watching!
A group named DisneyCentral.de have created a petition to try and make a change to this, aiming to convince Square Enix to releases patches for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX with the European dubbed voices from Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II included, and more importantly, for Kingdom Hearts III to receive a full dubbed European localization, due to its status as a highly-anticipated blockbuster title.
Square Enix Germany have responded to this petition, and thanks to the team at DisneyCentral.de, we have this in English for you below:
As you've said yourself, we cannot give you many answers yet [regarding dubs]. Sadly, we don't make these decisions on our own and are bound to consulting with other territories and financial requirements. Presumably, we cannot change these requirements for the current HD [1.5] ReMIX (despite fantastic sales figures).
This is connected to us already working on future AAA titles to deliver fans known quality. So we'll try to implement all customer wishes for Kingdom Hearts 3. Including a German dub. Of course I cannot promise you anything yet for which it is way too early and we're not ready yet. But I think [the chance of a localization] doesn't look bad.
1. At the end of each day, everyone in the top 10 of the the list of the day's top posters will receive 1 entry ticket in the competition.
2. You can receive many tickets in the competition! If you're on the top posters list on multiple days, then you will receive multiple entries in the competition. We'll keep a detailed list of entries here. Remember, the more days you appear on the list, the higher your chance of winning! Also, please be aware that the Roleplaying, Forum Games and Random forums are not included, and that we will disqualify anyone who makes "spammy" posts.
3. Out of these 60 tickets, 1 person will be randomly selected as the winner of the 1st HD 2.5 ReMIX pre-order!
1. For the 2nd copy of the game, you must follow us on our Facebook or Twitter, and share our post about this article. As long as you do one of the two following things (or both, which will double your chances of winning), then you'll be in the running to win!
- Like us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/kh13com) and share this post (share publicly so we can see it)
- Follow us on Twitter (https://twitter.com/KH13com) and retweet this post
2. Out of everyone who does this, we'll randomly select 1 person as the winner of the 2nd HD 2.5 ReMIX pre-order! The competition will be much more tight here (we're expecting over 1000 people to enter this way), so we recommend that people also try their best to enter the first competition as well (where your chances are much greater, due to only 60 tickets being available in total). Good luck!
Some extra details:
- Don't cancel any pre-orders that you've already placed. If you have already pre-ordered then we will simply cover the price of the game for you!
- Just under a week from now, on Sunday the 3rd of August, 2014 (at 1AM EST time), the winners of the competition will be announced here. Good luck!
Have you done anything for Kingdom Hearts III yet? Anything you can share?
I am not allowed to share-- every time, we've done a couple of installments, I am on paper not allowed to share anything about it. But I know Kingdom Hearts fans are really loyal and dedicated and they will not be disappointed when we get around to whatever is in the future.
The full video is below.
The Batman figure, especially its armor, reminds me of the Kingdom Hearts series and the armor Keyblade users wear [in Birth by Sleep].
Actually, to be honest, the project that never got off the ground was done before Kingdom Hearts was conceived. It might be the opposite—the design from that early project influenced Kingdom Hearts and armor design in that series.
Nomura ended the interview by mentioning that he would love for figurines of the lead characters from Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep to be created. Could we see Square Enix release these eventually?
There are a lot of Square Enix figures based on your characters. Which figure is your favorite and what characters did you make that you want to see figures of?
I’d love to have figures of the three lead characters from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.
As with any other event there is photos of merchandise, demo booths and more. You can view all of our photos concerning the Kingdom Hearts series at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 below, in our gallery thanks to Square Enix & Churro.
Square Enix have also officially revealed the exclusive Disney collectible pin that will be included in the HD 2.5 ReMIX Limited Edition. This Limited Edition will be available in North America, Europe and Australia, and is available as a free upgrade when you pre-order the game anywhere. You can view the pin and the Limited Edition case below, in our gallery.
Update: Kaori Takasue, the Product Manager at Square Enix Japan Studios, has shared some comments on the official PlayStation blog about the size of the HD 2.5 ReMIX case, and how exactly the pin will be included. These are quoted below.
Hi +yourworldonfire thanks for liking the look of the pin, it makes us really happy. Art book for 1.5 remix was definitely a success too. The box standing next to each other is kind of a big deal to us, so we may have to make sure that the size matches up nicely next to your Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX box.
Hello +Arsenic 13, the brand manager from Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX told me that it was “critical” that we carry that side by side heights be similar. You can’t have one tall and one short right?! Let’s see what we can do about that. How about a window where you can say peek-a-boo to your pin somehow? We’re cranking ideas everyday! Thanks for your support!
Update 2: Square Enix Japan has released the Japanese versions of the screenshots above along with a new render featuring Data Sora, Data Riku & King Mickey. 4Gamer.net have posted them and thanks to them you can view them below, in our gallery.
If you started playing Kingdom Hearts χ in the past but then stopped for any given reason, right now is the time to come back, as the website is also doing a comeback campaign. Any players that have not logged in for over a month and log in during the 1st Anniversary events will be able to obtain many free items like new cards, potions, ether, and Moogle medals (these are coins used in the game to buy other items).
To help with the celebrations, Donald and Goofy have appeared for the first time in Kingdom Hearts χ. They can be found in a special area of Daybreak Town. Our favorite sidekicks arrived here and now need our help gathering gummi pieces that can be obtained by defeating certain heartless in the game. The gathered gummi pieces can also be exchanged for new cards and items at the Moogle Trade. Among the things you can buy with your gummi blocks are new sets of clothes that are themed after our favorite gummi ship engineers, Chip and Dale.
Another special treat for players was the release of the 1st Anniversary Premium boxes. These can only be purchased with real money, each being 10,000 yen (approximately US$98.20). They are filled with great items, but the main attraction is a special attack card that commemorates the game's 1st Anniversary and comes with a multiplier boost of x5 in its attack and defense points.
Lastly, the game is also awarding new cards to everyone who logs in every week during the 1st Anniversary events and offers a x2 multiplier on experience gained from fighting enemies and card synthesis. These events and celebrations will end once the maintenance on August 14th starts.
Here is Nomura's postcard, as well as some other images released to promote the event: