Poll of the Day
Kingdom Hearts χ NewsTweets by @KH13chi
Featured ContentTweets by @KH13community
Recent Status Updates
Just joined Unchained X, and I'm loving it! I just leveled up to LV.2! My name is Cyrus19 in case anyone wants to look me up.
It's been a while since I've seen anime as good as AssClass is and I'm glad I had the pleasure of watching it.
Upon completing these quests, players will also earn another Orichalcum. What do you think of the story progression in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ so far? Let us know in the comments!
Additionally, Shinji Hashimoto has been confirmed to appear as a special guest, doing various signings for attendees to receive.
Thanks goes to KHDestiny for this tip.
An old tweet from May 23rd on Karissa Lee Staples's official Twitter account points to the actress being behind the voice of Master Invi in the movie Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, contained in the HD collection Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. The tweet shows a message directed at Skylark Sound Studios. The picture in the tweet reveals a blurred still of what seems to be a scene from Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover, apparently featuring Master Invi, the Foreteller of the Anguis union, facing the figure of Master Aced, the Foreteller of the Ursus union, who has his back turned to the viewer. You can view the tweet below as well as a close-up of the still, which was not featured in the pre-E3 2016 trailer of the game.
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is due to be released worldwide on December 2016 for PS4. It will feature the return of Willa Holland as Aqua in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, as well as previous voice recordings from other actors in the remastered game Kingdom Hearts HD Dream Drop Distance. The HD collection is in the final stages of production, with voice recordings for the English dub "almost done" as mentioned by series director Tetsuya Nomura in his latest interview with Famitsu.
This includes a new "Proud Mode" setting, allowing players to experience missions on a harder difficulty. Currently, only missions 1-50 are available in proud mode. More will be added on soon.
Aside from proud mode, there will be a new "high score" event, where you battle enemies for the highest scores against other players. Those who rank high in the event get a voiced Maleficent medal.
Lastly, the second half of the new Alice event has begun. Those who complete it get a new "Alice & Cheshire" medal.
The original article is as follows.
On June 30th, at 10:00 AM JST (9:00 PM USA EDT, 6:00 PM USA PDT, on the 29th), Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ will be updated to Version 1.3.0, introducing a new Keyblade, which is the Sleeping Lion Keyblade originally in Kingdom Hearts II. Aside from a new Keyblade, there will be new events, a new 'mystery' medal, and more.
Are you excited for the new update? Let us know in the comments below!
In the interview, they discuss why Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is important to experience before experiencing Kingdom Hearts III. Topics such as what is in the Realm of Darkness in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, how Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue fits into the storyline, and more are discussed in the interview.
Thanks goes to KH13 member Shinobi Palace for the find. You can check out the interview video below.
A full translation of this interview will be provided as soon as possible.
- The demo was very popular, players saying the gameplay was easy and the tempo was good, and the visuals were stunning.
- The appearance of Kingdom Hearts 0.2 has significantly changed from past games of the series due to Unreal Engine 4
- It was difficult trying to program a fantasy based realism for the game.
- You can use Blizzard spells to activate Flowmotion.
- AI has improved, such as Heartless moving differently on different terrain.
- 'Devils Wave' (The Heartless boss in 0.2 described by Nomura) has a special reflection effect in their eyes
- Maps have changed a lot with Birth by Sleep 0.2 and that's something you'll see in Kingdom Hearts III as well. For example, Aqua having to fight on a slope in the demo.
- Tai Yasue comments how interesting it is to play in a Disney world that has sunken into Darkness
We will have the full interview translated as soon as possible.
Even though not much is new discussed by Tai Yasue, it's still great to hear about the flow of the game and what we can expect in the gameplay aspect for Kingdom Hearts III.
Are you excited for the release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue? Would you like to play the demo on the PlayStation store? Let us know in the comments below!
Check out all the interviews, trailers, and more from E3 2016!
Kingdom Hearts III/Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
- New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue trailer released announcing December release WW; Kingdom Hearts III news coming this winter
- Square Enix announces playable demo of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue at E3 2016
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue banner spotted within LA Convention Center; Background includes similar item included in the E3 2015 Kingdom Hearts III trailer
- Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue confirmed to appear in the next Famitsu Weekly article
- Impressions of the Kingdom Hearts 0.2 -A Fragmentary Passage- E3 demo by Toominator!
Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
- Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ to release in Europe at 12 AM, USA PDT! Aqua medal to be gifted to all players at 12 AM PDT as well!
Tetsuya Nomura & Tai Yasue Interviews
- Dengeki releases interview with Tetsuya Nomura about Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and Kingdom Hearts III!
- No Final Fantasy based worlds will be featured in Kingdom Hearts III says Tai Yasue
- Tai Yasue says Kingdom Hearts HD collections on PS4 not ruled out completely!
- Famitsu posts interview with Tetsuya Nomura focusing on Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and it's connections to Kingdom Hearts III!
- Square Enix Presents discusses Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue with Tai Yasue!
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - E3 2016 Trailer
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue - E3 2016 Gameplay Trailer
SEP (x) Tai Yasue
Even though E3 2016 has ended, we will more than likely receive even more Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue news in the fall as it nears its release, and we will definitely be receiving Kingdom Hearts III this winter. Expect our News Team to continue providing coverage for Kingdom Hearts throughout the 2016 year. We hope you enjoyed this year's E3 and we hope to see Kingdom Hearts at next year's E3!
Are you excited for this new story update? Let us know in the comments below!
On top of that news, it was also announced that all players will be gifted the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Aqua medal that was previously only available in Japan at 4:00 AM PDT on June 16th, 2016 as well.
European fans, what are you most excited to try out first in Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ? Let us know in the comments!